Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Man my PS4 froze while playing madden so I reset the console and it turned on extremely slow, spent like 10-20 minutes in the blue startup screen then ran just insanely slow and froze up on madden again as I tried to start that up again. The console was pretty hot and I was thinking maybe the console was f’ed and the fan was fried. But thank god for the internet, several people relatively recently had the same problem, it’s a software issue potentially and all I had to do was go in safe mode and rebuild the database and it’s back up and running fine. That stressed me out for a minute. I have no interest in buying a new PS4 ever again and no intelligence to fix it cause I’m sure I would just decimate the motherboard in the process lol

On 12/29/2018 at 10:28 PM, TXsteeler said:

Yeah I read through it after asking, looks like the devs were just lazy and didn't care since the game was just a cash grab for them.

Not a surprise, thats what all of these remakes are.  Its why I dont throw consoles and games away, and rarely buy digital copies.  If I want to play again, I've got the original. 

55 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not a surprise, thats what all of these remakes are.  Its why I dont throw consoles and games away, and rarely buy digital copies.  If I want to play again, I've got the original. 

The original hardware will eventually fail.

Not all remakes are cash grabs, take something like Ty the tasmanian tiger on steam. It's an HD remake/update of the series by the devs because they want to preserve the game and bring it to a new audience. 

NES and SNES consoles are already failing en masse, old carts are burnt out and don't work anymore.

You either encode these titles digitally, allow people to emulate old games and not call it piracy (thanks Nintendo for killing emulators), or you remake/remaster the titles. Otherwise they're just gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The original? It gets deeper as you progress and utilize the battlefields and specializations more.

4 has a lot of depth.

I got 4. I just feel like the battles, while utilizing the strategies, need more... I dunno... XCOM? I can't pinpoint what I don't exactly like.

PS Plus members should check out Steep.  It's available for free under the Plus banner on the PS4.  

It's got everything from snowboarding to skiing to wing suit skydiving.

I'm not sure when and how often they rotate these free games in and out but you can always add them to your library to DL later.  This one has been a blast so far and I'm not even remotely into X-games kind of stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thrILL! said:

PS Plus members should check out Steep.  It's available for free under the Plus banner on the PS4.  

It's got everything from snowboarding to skiing to wing suit skydiving.

I'm not sure when and how often they rotate these free games in and out but you can always add them to your library to DL later.  This one has been a blast so far and I'm not even remotely into X-games kind of stuff.

I saw this and wasnt sure whether to waste time on it but i think ill give it a try.

Idk what it is but i havent had true fun with single snowboard game since Coolboarders 2. Yaggi was the ish.

57 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I saw this and wasnt sure whether to waste time on it but i think ill give it a try.

Idk what it is but i havent had true fun with single snowboard game since Coolboarders 2. Yaggi was the ish.

I’m not sure I’ve played one since 1080 tbh. One thing I really like is you’re not restricted to the courses.  There’s no orange fences along the sides.  You can go off in whatever direction you want (during a race will affect the outcome but it won’t stop you).  When the race ends, the game doesn’t reset to the menu.  You can keep going down the mountain as far as possible until you reach the end of the map.  

Battlefront 2 running Triple XP weekend for Heroes vs Villains, by the time I get back to the game tomorrow night, I should have about 2/3's of the heroes at or above level 25 with optimal purple cards for HvV and GA.  

Next weekend will be Triple XP for Trooper classes in the Strike game mode, followed by the release of Count Dooku.  

9 hours ago, Danger said:

This game looks aesthetically flashy, but otherwise incredibly boring. The enemies are just boring existing poor AI bullet sponges who may as well be targets at a range.

I feel like this is something games have been failing to look at nowadays. I think a major reason Halo had such a good campaign was you had to approach each enemy differently (This was also a major flaw with Halo 4, stupid knights lol). Nowadays you are just flying all over the place with 20 different abilities so the only thing developers do are making enemies tougher.