Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

8 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Are you talking about the battle royale or standard game?

I haven't played the BR, but I watched a decent amount. It's basically PUBG with a few minor detail changes that changes it a bit. Like I think the map is smaller and there are no vehicles, so its almost more running and fighting in the outside. Chests are what you want to find, and the building aspect seems to mostly be to create small forts for the end game and travel up mountains. From what I hear, its a nice casual version because games are shorter.

The standard game I played. I liked the gameplay ALOT. The base building is pretty good and the combat and skills are pretty fun. But the menus are stupidly confusing early on and since it is loot box based, it can be grind and frustrating to get new and fun stuff. But the missions are fairly fun, it works well even with strangers (for the most part). It could maybe use a bit more variety in the mission types. The objectives are fairly unique, but they all boil down to wander, collect supplies, kill zombies.

I was talking about the Battle Royale Mode. I've been playing it a good amount so far, and it's a blast. Finished top 10 twice, top 5 once. Feel like my aim is starting to get decent so hopefully I'll have more luck going forward. Really wondering if I should pick up PUGB since I enjoy this game a good amount.

7 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Has anyone played the game Oxenfree? Just got it for free on Xbox Gold, haven't played it yet, curious about it.

I played it about a year ago and thought i was a great little adventure game with a well-told story and some great voice acting that brings the characters to life. Well worth your time if you don't need your games to always be about killing everything on screen.

14 hours ago, TheChad said:

I played it about a year ago and thought i was a great little adventure game with a well-told story and some great voice acting that brings the characters to life. Well worth your time if you don't need your games to always be about killing everything on screen.

I certainly don't and often prefer that they aren't, especially if they are first person or multiplayer online sorts of games.

Here's a question: Best Fantasy setting RPG games not including Skyrim/Oblivion/Dragon Age games. I've played a number of those already. 

I like skill trees, I like controlling a group of people with my character in the lead. I actually really like the first Dragon Age the best because it keeps you a little more focused. Suggestions for games like that? Or are there good Sci-Fi ones like that, Mass Effect would be one of that type I'd think.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Here's a question: Best Fantasy setting RPG games not including Skyrim/Oblivion/Dragon Age games. I've played a number of those already. 

I like skill trees, I like controlling a group of people with my character in the lead. I actually really like the first Dragon Age the best because it keeps you a little more focused. Suggestions for games like that? Or are there good Sci-Fi ones like that, Mass Effect would be one of that type I'd think.

Dragons Dogma just released a remastered version and fits the bill of what you're looking for. Check it out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Do you have an okay gaming PC? Since you like D&D, you should check out Divinity Original Sin 2.

• Like 1