Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

28 minutes ago, Tyty said:

COD is making $3M a day in micro transactions 

Is that with Warzone?  I am not up on it, but it's a battle royale game right?  Mobile gaming and these pay to boost battle royale games are going to be the death of gaming as we know it here in a few short years.  If the developers cant have microtransactions in games, they will just switch their focus to these.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Is that with Warzone?  I am not up on it, but it's a battle royale game right?  Mobile gaming and these pay to boost battle royale games are going to be the death of gaming as we know it here in a few short years.  If the developers cant have microtransactions in games, they will just switch their focus to these.  

That was what one gaming company said years ago (ea?) about single player games dying but single player games remain some of the most popular sellers on the market. I’m not too worried about it

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

That was what one gaming company said years ago (ea?) about single player games dying but single player games remain some of the most popular sellers on the market. I’m not too worried about it

If you sell 10 million games at $60, that's $600 million.  If you are turning out $3 million a day in microtransactions, it will take you 200 days to get that same amount of money.  

They will find a way to get there.  Maybe the big AAAA titles won't fold, but I bet we never see Dead Space from EA again, and the odds are against Mass Effect from ever returning at this point and those were considered AAA titles of the last generation.  

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If you sell 10 million games at $60, that's $600 million.  If you are turning out $3 million a day in microtransactions, it will take you 200 days to get that same amount of money.  

They will find a way to get there.  Maybe the big AAAA titles won't fold, but I bet we never see Dead Space from EA again, and the odds are against Mass Effect from ever returning at this point and those were considered AAA titles of the last generation.  

Why would anyone want a dog**** half***ed reiteration of classic old games anyway? That’s all EA will ever offer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Anyone with any steam sale suggestions? I've got some money to blow in my wallet and am tired of searching through the store 

Bloons TD6 is on sale for $0.99, that's really all you need tbh:P

But no I bought that, Outward, Greedfall, and a few Diablo type games in Victor Vran, the incredibly adventures of Van Hellsing (you can get the bundle of all 3 games on the cheap) and Titan Quest. 

Van Hellsing and Victor Vran I like so far, Outward, Greedfall, and Titan Quest I haven't tried yet.

I'd also recommend anyone into RPGs set in the medieval era pick up kingdom come: Deliverance. 

It's also important to mention that the steam summer sale ends in a couple hours so hurry up and blow your money.

Edited by rob_shadows

Finally diving into Assassins Creed: Odyssey. It's good, but it definitely has some flaws. I think that I liked Origins more. The world is big but is a bit repetitive, and the side quests don't really stand out to me narratively. There's also a grind factor. I was enjoying the main story, but I just finished Chapter 6 I believe at around level 24, which was in-line with the suggested level for the main quest. But now the first quest in chapter 7 is recommended for level 32? That's a huge leap and it's going to force me to grind out a bunch of side missions, which aren't super interesting and take hours to get that much XP. Frustrating.