Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What was his contract like again? Because that is going to scare some teams away I imagine.

It's a friendly contract. His base salary for next year will be guaranteed (total cap hit $13.5 million), but thereafter he comes off the books. 

INDY has plenty of cap space (100M next year) and picks to make that happen.  Put your foot on the throat of the other teams and go get a star for that offense.  Help Brisset out with a stud behind that OL and INDY is a serious threat.

All it would take is a 2nd for me pull the trigger.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

My biggest issue with trading Bell is it just adds yet another position on offense that needs addressed next year. When we already need a whole new OL and 2-3 WRs

We've gone over this me and you so you know my feelings about plug and play mid round RB's.  

12 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

They want a first round pick though.  What are you trading for him?  A second and more?  This draft is deep on the OL (this year).  Good chance a starting OG is sitting there in the early part of round 2.  Give me that over a 2 year window for a LT.  Top of the draft may have two elite LT prospects (Thomas/Wirfs) lets not get cute trading for 30+ year old linemen.  Be smart and invest in the OL in the draft.

The Redskins want a 1st round pick. The Redskins won't get anything near a 1st round pick. Trent Williams is literally sitting out the entire season to avoid playing for them. After the season, it will be fair game to trade for him (I would imagine 3rd-4th round pick). I have no doubt that if he isn't traded in the offseason, he will sit out again.

My ideal scenario is trade for Trent, sign Scherff/Peat, sign Conklin/Peat, sign Amari Cooper, draft Chase Young, and draft Tyler Biadasz. Scherff/Peat/Conklin/Cooper are all young enough to develop with Sam. Trent provides the immediate anchor. Young's talent is undeniable. Biadasz might not make it to our 2nd round pick so a trade up is in play. Andrew Thomas is a monster so I understand wanting him.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Mitch Morse, Matt Paradis, and even Erek Flowers seem to be working out well for their respective teams. Don't can a strategy because it didn't work for us.

Agree, somewhat.  They are all iOL.  I was specifically referring to OT.  But even iOL can backfire, but less so.  I would not mind the top iOL in FA, but we should still target all OL in the draft.  Also, those you mentioned are all associated with a better OL.  I doubt they would be as useful with our pathetic group.  I also think we can all agree that Paradis should have been a Jet.  Mac screwed that up again. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Even if Bell or even Jamal for that matter don’t get moved today...I fully expect Douglas to move them both in offseason. Neither play a premium position and I believe Douglas is going to do everything in his power to build this roster the correct way. 

I love Jamal. But for two first round picks I think every GM would make that trade.

I also don’t think the continued losing is going to sit well with him honestly 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Even if Bell or even Jamal for that matter don’t get moved today...I fully expect Douglas to move them both in offseason. Neither play a premium position and I believe Douglas is going to do everything in his power to build this roster the correct way. 

I understand trading Bell.  Our OL will most likely not benefit his talents for 2 years at which point he will be gone anyway.  But Adams (or Maye) would create another hole that we would need to fill.  We have enough holes already.  Have we all forgotten how bad our back 7 was when we were trotting out scrub safeties after Kerry Rhodes was let go?  If we can develop our current young CB's to at least be serviceable and draft a quality CB high in the 202 or 2021 draft, our backfield would rival NE.

Adams is so much more than a SS, enough with the premium position knock. 

Aside from excelling in coverage and every other facet of the game, it'd be impossible for me to put a price on his contributions to the locker room/culture. There's no way I could get on board with trading him. 

• Like 1