Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

I personally don't want to trade Bell. I think he can be good for another 3 or 4 years and he has not said a word or been a locker room problem. His contract is really not that bad and if we just pick up a few OL in FA and get Chase Young in the first round we might have something. My biggest concern is Sam Darnold. If he does not improve with this easy schedule coming up and then starts off bad next year we might want to rethink the QB spot. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Adams is so much more than a SS, enough with the premium position knock. 

Aside from excelling in coverage and every other facet of the game, it'd be impossible for me to put a price on his contributions to the locker room/culture. There's no way I could get on board with trading him. 

Yeah maybe you are right about what Jamal does but he hasn’t exactly sounded the least bit positive this year. In fact it has seemed as if he has even alienated himself a bit. Love the player he’s terrific but he does come across as miserable here. It sucks. 

If he's really available, I'd expect that he will be dealt unless we're asking for an extremely high return. 

If you're a team looking to complete for a championship, you're essentially paying him $14.75 million for 1.5 seasons ($1.25m this year, $13.5m next). That's a minimal financial commitment for one of the best RBs in football... 

Chiefs and Texans are rumored to be most interested, and the Chiefs are also rumored to be interested in moving one of their own RBs... Damien Williams (who is under contract for 1 more year; a team trading for him would inherit a non-guaranteed 1 year, $2.3 million contract)

Damien Williams + KC 2nd round pick for Le'Veon Bell. Who says no. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

If he's really available, I'd expect that he will be dealt unless we're asking for an extremely high return. 

If you're a team looking to complete for a championship, you're essentially paying him $14.25 million for 1.5 seasons ($1.25m this year, $13.5m next). That's a minimal financial commitment for one of the best RBs in football... 

Chiefs and Texans are rumored to be most interested, and the Chiefs are also rumored to be interested in moving one of their own RBs... Damien Williams (who is under contract for 1 more year; a team trading for him would inherit a non-guaranteed 1 year, $2.3 million contract)

Damien Williams + KC 2nd round pick for Le'Veon Bell. Who says no. 

Only bad part to that is that KC's pick is probably a late 2nd. And I am a Williams fan. Wanted us to take a chance on him in the draft.

Dang. We’re about to blow this thing up. Bravo for JD for having the balls to do it. It’s not like we’re any good.

Whoever gets Bell is getting an excellent player. The guy exceeded my expectation. Hopefully he can go somewhere and continue his HoF track. I’m expecting Jamal to ask for a trade. I can’t see him dealing with the losing any more. 
Whoever gets Robby is getting a solid player. Hopefully he can reach his potential. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Only bad part to that is that KC's pick is probably a late 2nd. And I am a Williams fan. Wanted us to take a chance on him in the draft.

So? You get a 2nd round pick / 4 years of team control for a player who is not part of your long-term plan, PLUS an extra $15.5 million to spend on player(s) part of your long-term plan. Yes he's a great player and it sucks that we're at this point, but he's not the solution either. Might as well deal him to the highest bidder/superbowl contender now than wait until the offseason when he's not as valuable. If it's a late 2nd, take it and run

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Adams is so much more than a SS, enough with the premium position knock. 

Aside from excelling in coverage and every other facet of the game, it'd be impossible for me to put a price on his contributions to the locker room/culture. There's no way I could get on board with trading him. 

Just saying any NFL GM would move him for 2 1s. That’s the price it would take for me to trade him though 

• Like 1