Chiefs @ Raiders Week 2 GDT!!

agarcia34

3 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

I can't say I am disappointed to lose to the Chiefs as I did not really expect to beat them. Did Jacobs get hurt? He burst out that 51-yarder then I don't think I saw him much after that. I feel we need to start early and often on Waller, get the chains moving and then start hitting Williams like we did against the Broncos. I don't think Walller touched the ball in the first quarter.

Jacobs was criminally under used today. 

We're learning what we need though. We need an actual change of pace RB, because neither Richard nor Washington are cutting it.

We need a true #1 WR. Tyrell may grow into it, but he's a high end #2 right now at best. Aside from him we have a bunch of journeyman type slot guys. 

I expect the run game to really improve once we get our starting G's back. The replacements have held up admirably, but Jackson and Incognito likely elevate the already surprisingly decent O-line play. I'm hoping that it opens up the pass game a bit. Jacobs is fantastic, but, outside of his 51 yarder, today wasn't as good an outing as it could've been, and I think the Chiefs' D was able to key in on that. Spagnuolo is no dummy. 

The D caved in spectacularly and had virtually no answers in the 2nd quarter. That probably led to us trying to throw more than run, and a coach like Spags is gonna know that. Once we get into a 2+ score hole, our offense becomes way too 1-dimensional, and we don't have the receivers to play that kind of game with. 

Running Jacobs, quick passes to Waller and letting him plow through people, and setting up deep shots to Williams seems to work well. Why we deviate from that plan for long stretches is beyond me. It seems to be effective at moving the chains and chewing clock. With so many new faces, we're not going to put up 30+ points a game, especially this early on. And our D clearly isn't set up to grind out shootouts. So clock and field position are paramount to our success. Despite what some people want to see, trying to play real life Madden or playing Kliffball isn't practical with the weapons we have on offense (Williams is really our only deep threat) or our severe inadequacies in the secondary. If we can use Jacobs more consistently and start converting those 3rd and shorts more often, I think everyone would see a marked improvement. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Stockton to Bakersfield is probably the worst part of the whole country, not sure if exaggerating. Fresno being the worst. 

Keep renting your 1 bedroom shack for a rip off rate while I’m living in a huge house living it up every weekend(whenever I want, the mountains, LA, the bay etc ) or just relax with a beautiful Fresno girl  in the home I own🤔🤗 

stop trollin and go get hired in the silicion valley so you can own a home 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Right. I mean it's like what can we really do? Unless you have a great pass rush, you have no literally no chance against him.

Dude is throwing 50 yard back shoulder passes. Pinpoint corner passes between the CB and S. Sidearmed 25 yard passes across the field on 3rd and long. Like what can we really do.

Yeah there is nothing when someone plays like that. Oakland held the Chiefs scoreless in 3/4 quarters, and it literally didn't matter.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jacobs was criminally under used today. 

We're learning what we need though. We need an actual change of pace RB, because neither Richard nor Washington are cutting it.

We need a true #1 WR. Tyrell may grow into it, but he's a high end #2 right now at best. Aside from him we have a bunch of journeyman type slot guys. 

I expect the run game to really improve once we get our starting G's back. The replacements have held up admirably, but Jackson and Incognito likely elevate the already surprisingly decent O-line play. I'm hoping that it opens up the pass game a bit. Jacobs is fantastic, but, outside of his 51 yarder, today wasn't as good an outing as it could've been, and I think the Chiefs' D was able to key in on that. Spagnuolo is no dummy. 

The D caved in spectacularly and had virtually no answers in the 2nd quarter. That probably led to us trying to throw more than run, and a coach like Spags is gonna know that. Once we get into a 2+ score hole, our offense becomes way too 1-dimensional, and we don't have the receivers to play that kind of game with. 

Running Jacobs, quick passes to Waller and letting him plow through people, and setting up deep shots to Williams seems to work well. Why we deviate from that plan for long stretches is beyond me. It seems to be effective at moving the chains and chewing clock. With so many new faces, we're not going to put up 30+ points a game, especially this early on. And our D clearly isn't set up to grind out shootouts. So clock and field position are paramount to our success. Despite what some people want to see, trying to play real life Madden or playing Kliffball isn't practical with the weapons we have on offense (Williams is really our only deep threat) or our severe inadequacies in the secondary. If we can use Jacobs more consistently and start converting those 3rd and shorts more often, I think everyone would see a marked improvement. 

Good post only part I disagree with is Jacobs, thought he ran well, save for one run when he tried to bounce it outside. He was nicked up so might explain why he wasn’t used as much. 

I’ll be interested to see the snap counts to see how many Joseph Morrow and Key played. Looked like Crosby played more than Key tbh. Morrow after he blew up the screen play didn’t seem to be in much. Hall had a good couple of plays and the run D was solid. 

Baffled why Worley played safety, with Harris, Joseph, Riley, Leavitt and Joyner on the roster it’s a damning indictment on their play that he was I guess. 

Finally got to watch the game and I am speechless.  I honestly do not know how to react.  How do they score 2 TDs with under 6 minutes left in the half and we have the ball with a 1st and 10.  I understand that KC has a high powered O but there is no reason why we can not run 4 minutes off the clock in 2 drives to limit KC to one score.  They should not have had the opportunity to score one.   After they dominated us the first couple rives we looked like we were just waiting and hoping the half would end.  To top it off we throw a pick on the 1 yard line on first and goal to start the second half.  The second turnover is the WR fault but should not be a penalty either way.  It all started with us not getting the call on Carr's scramble.  If we get the 1st I think the team wakes up and starts playing with energy and we definitely take off enough time to limit KC's ability to score 4 TDs in the quarter.

KC is a better team than us but I also think we are a better team than what was out there today.  I do not think I have ever seen a game where I said we screwed our selves one play, the refs screwed us the next play, and then was amazed by the play made by the other team.  The second quarter and the start of the third was an anomaly.  I am disappointed, heart broken , confident, and hopeful all at the same time.

Who wants to throw some money at Chris Jones if he hits the open market this off-season?

Ngakoue/Yetur Gross Matos - Jones - Hankins - Ferrel        

• Like 1

I didn’t watch any of the game but from looking at drive charts, replays, etc, we made a ton of mistakes and shot ourselves in the foot way too many times against a good d. Too many false starts while we were ahead on down and distance. I’m not sure if Carr will ever stop making bad decisions in goal to go situations. Maybe it was Tyrells fault, but Carr leads the league and interceptions thrown near the goal line. That really needs to change. I don’t know how to feel about Carr. It’s certainly not all of his fault, but he is still somewhat responsible. I think this week showed that our playbook was very AB centric. It def still needs some tweaks. I would like to think that if Jacobs was available the entire game, that he would have been used in the passing game more.

Hopefully we scheme and perform better against Minnesota.

• Like 1

As others have pointed out, this game felt similar to our first 3 games last year.
We start out hot, and then the other team makes adjustments and shut us down completely. 

Really hope Josh Jacobs is ok, he is going to be a good back in this league. 2 weeks in, he is running hard, and putting up good numbers. We really havent helped put him in position to make plays either. Why no screens??

Carrs 2 picks were both terrible in real time. just kill team morale. 1st one, 1st and goal on the 5, we gotta just run that 3 straight times. Or even roll Carr out, if we must pass. He needs to use his legs more in the redzone. On 1st down, do not throw a high risk pass, it just is not worth it. On rewatch, Tyrell kinda stopped? not sure what happened. Kinda thought the defender pushed off too? 
2nd pick sucked, but Grant ran into a guy and fell, tough to blame Carr but he has to take some responsibility on it. 

Couple of Carrs sacks were bad, he just gets the deer in the head lights look, and sits there. 

Defense was a mess in the 2nd Quarter. WTH happened, jesus that was disgusting. I know the guys mustve been gassed but come on. Mahommes went off, some of the throws were near unstoppable, but to allow 5 straight 20 yard passes is a mess. 3rd down D was brutal. Not sure what Gunther should have done, because we couldnt cover anyone for more than a couple seconds. 

Pass rush was inconsistent, but def improved, and hopefully will continue to get better. 

I was livid yesterday, but, its my fault for falling into the hype after week 1. 
We need to win at either Min or Indy, or else this season will get ugly.