2019 WEEK 3 PACKERS vs broncos GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

It's a tarp. 

Seriously though, we should win. We're the better team at every position except EDGE, which we're still damn good at. 

Rodgers, this is where you gotta start standing up to pee again. Let's get the offense firing on all cylinders, not just one and then the rest sputter out. 

Statement game. Or a tarp. We'll see. 

13 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

quarters coverage it's also called if that helps?  each of the 4 players (outside CBs, both safeties) are responsible for 1/4 of the deep areas of the field.  Usually this means that the CBs take the vertical routes on the outside.  But in practice it plays out very much like man coverage with some variation, such as if the outside receiver runs a crossing pattern the CB sometimes runs with him across the field depending on the scheme.

that leaves 2 flat defenders and one crossing route defender in the middle of the field which are usually CBs/LBs/3rd S depending on personnel.

I mean I know what cover 4 is. I guess in my brain I think that gets you killed. Death by a million paper cuts. 

Well I'll chime in.  Hopefully the Packers aren't too confident.  This will be another tough game.  Think we'll see another step forward for the Offense.  Maybe we'll get 2 quarters of decent play this week.  Think the Defense will regress just a bit.  Give up a few more points than I would like.  Line is 8.  My prediction Packers 27 Denver 20.  Pack doesn't cover in this one.  The game will be closer then the final score indicates.  

Honestly, I think our defense wins this one for us. Oakland made that OL look silly in Week 1 and Chicago stifled their run game the next week. Their RT is OUT IIRC so we really need to press that right side of the OL and force them to bring in an extra TE. I'm not impressed with Flacco's passing options either. He's got an over-the-hill Emmanuel Sanders, who to be fair had a productive game against the Bears; but Fant is still feeling his way out and Courtland Sutton isn't ready to be WR1. The rest of the WR's are JAG's. I'm more concerned about keeping Lindsay and Freeman in check TBH.

8 hours ago, boratt said:

I watched both of Denver’s games. I think this is gonna be a good game to run the ball a lot. Denver’s secondary and pass rush are serviceable. Their Run D.... I think that is a real weakness that we could exploit. 

Josh Jacobs rushed for 2 TD's but Oakland killed them in the air. They shut down Chicago's passing game but Chicago ran the ball well. This could be a good ground-n-pound game for a bigger back like Williams. We just need to maul that DL.

Andy Herman:

Green Bay has 8 players listed as CB following the addition of Tremon Smith. The only have 3 safeties with the loss of Raven Greene. Last week they used Will Redmond at safety w/ Amos in Greene’s spot. Wonder if Tramon sees some time at S again given the depth at both positions. Of course Sullivan can play a little safety too, but if trying to get best players on the field Tramon at safety could still make sense.