Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

Jalen has been sick before and knew that teams require players to see the team doctor when they have an illness, even when it doesn't cause them to miss practice.

There's gotta be no way he thought faking an illness would get him out of a fine. Plus that doesn't really fit his MO anyway. He held a press conference saying he wanted to be traded. He went on a podcast and said that someone in the front office (Coughlin) pissed him off. If he wanted to not go to practice, a guy who's always been forthcoming and is as loud as Jalen is wouldn't pull the "I'm sick" card, especially knowing the team would make him see the team doctor.

Practice will offer the first clue as to Ramsey's strategy. If he participates in practice, he will appear to be going along with the team's stance. But if because of his continued unhappiness, Ramsey finds a reason not to practice, that will be a sign that the showdown is on.

- Adam Schefter via ESPN 

its like he knew this was going to happen. Weird

21 minutes ago, pwny said:

Jalen has been sick before and knew that teams require players to see the team doctor when they have an illness, even when it doesn't cause them to miss practice.

There's gotta be no way he thought faking an illness would get him out of a fine. Plus that doesn't really fit his MO anyway. He held a press conference saying he wanted to be traded. He went on a podcast and said that someone in the front office (Coughlin) pissed him off. If he wanted to not go to practice, a guy who's always been forthcoming and is as loud as Jalen is wouldn't pull the "I'm sick" card, especially knowing the team would make him see the team doctor.

If I was Jalen I would’ve went with a “mysterious” back injury, those are always difficult to gauge.

But I understand what you’re saying however Jalen also doesn’t want to get to a point where he’s viewed in the same light as a pre-sex assault Antonio Brown. He tried being the consummate teammate. He tried being respectful with his demands that were then leaked.

So I’m sure this latest incident was recommended to him by his agent. Being sick allows him to not be fined, it allows the team to know he’s serious about a trade, and it’s also something that won’t hurt his trade value.

If it were a back injury as I mentioned, an opposing team could use that to hurt his trade value. Jacksonville has to know that’s the potential next step and need to move on quickly to get as much value as possible before his value starts to dissipate.

29 minutes ago, pwny said:

Depends what excuse he told them.  Like the Kidd migraine when he wanted out of New Jersey. 

16 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Practice will offer the first clue as to Ramsey's strategy. If he participates in practice, he will appear to be going along with the team's stance. But if because of his continued unhappiness, Ramsey finds a reason not to practice, that will be a sign that the showdown is on.

- Adam Schefter via ESPN 

its like he knew this was going to happen. Weird

Yup. It’s common sense. This is Ramseys agent telling him the best way to go about this. The next step might be a mysterious back injury that could “lower” his trade value.

All the while you’ve got teams that see the Patriots release Antonio Brown and maybe aren’t as “desperate” in the arms race, you’ve got teams that start looking better than expected on defense and decide not to make the gamble, and then you’ve got teams that might look worse than expected and decide Ramsey at this point won’t make the difference in saving this season.

The longer they hold him, the less valuable he becomes. The more second guessing that comes into play. The impulse curve is all about time over excitement. Too much time and the excitement naturally declines.

1 minute ago, Speedyg said:

Depends what excuse he told them.  Like the Kidd migraine when he wanted out of New Jersey. 

He went with the flu/flu-like symptoms. The doctors can test for a fever, hear a dry cough, see nasal congestion, feel swollen lymph nodes. If none of that's present, he can't really fake that. It's also something that's not going to be able to last a long time. They're going to hook him up to an IV to get a stream of electrolytes, give him a bunch of meds, and he's only got a couple of days to use this excuse. 

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So I’m sure this latest incident was recommended to him by his agent. Being sick allows him to not be fined, it allows the team to know he’s serious about a trade, and it’s also something that won’t hurt his trade value.

It's a pretty terrible play to go with something easily verifiable as false if he's trying to keep up his image.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

It's a pretty terrible play to go with something easily verifiable as false if he's trying to keep up his image.

Well the thing is he never said he HAS the flu. Instead he said he felt like he MAY have the flue.

Some people who party the night before sometimes “feel” like they have the flue all the time.

So while it’s verifiably false, he spends time going through tests and IVs and potentially misses practice. If he practices even just a little, “my back hurts” is much more serious an excuse. Hard to test that. Which the point is to let the front office know that it doesn’t matter if Kahn is involved now and looking to smooth things over. Ramsey is done done. The time for Kahn to intervene was prior to this.

Now I’m not saying Kahn did anything wrong nor that Ramsey hasn’t shown immaturity at points. I’m simply saying that the Jaguars need to take the best deal ASAP before teams start retracting those offers and they get less than the value they want.

15 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well the thing is he never said he HAS the flu. Instead he said he felt like he MAY have the flue.

Some people who party the night before sometimes “feel” like they have the flue all the time.

So while it’s verifiably false, he spends time going through tests and IVs and potentially misses practice. If he practices even just a little, “my back hurts” is much more serious an excuse. Hard to test that. Which the point is to let the front office know that it doesn’t matter if Kahn is involved now and looking to smooth things over. Ramsey is done done. The time for Kahn to intervene was prior to this.

Now I’m not saying Kahn did anything wrong nor that Ramsey hasn’t shown immaturity at points. I’m simply saying that the Jaguars need to take the best deal ASAP before teams start retracting those offers and they get less than the value they want.

They aren't giving him away.

If someone pays up, maybe they will. But they don't have to do anything here.

I'm sorry but I really don't think a 1st, 2nd, and Hurst is enough. Hurst has done nothing thus far in his career to think he's a strong piece and honestly for Baltimore with Andrews and Boyle it makes sense for them to deal a 3rd TE who has is also on a 1st round contract. Especially coming from a team as good as Baltimore who has SB aspirations. I know most teams in on Ramsey will, hence why I don't think he goes unless there's a strong player in the deal with a 1st or 2 1sts.

Edited by .Buzz

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

If he practices even just a little, “my back hurts” is much more serious an excuse. Hard to test that. Which the point is to let the front office know that it doesn’t matter if Kahn is involved now and looking to smooth things over. Ramsey is done done. The time for Kahn to intervene was prior to this.

Yeah, if this was going to be the play, it would have and should have been the play from the beginning. 

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m simply saying that the Jaguars need to take the best deal ASAP before teams start retracting those offers and they get less than the value they want.

Except if he takes that path, it's clear he can't fix it, and it hurts his trade value, the team is going to be able to put him on the IR and trade him in the offseason. They have an entire year of control after this one; there's no immediacy to trading him if he's just faking being ill and maybe going to switch to faking being hurt.