Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

38 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

I think Menenga is simply bending his philosophy to the way the refs have been calling kick returns for the last two years. Plan to fair catch. Plan to always leave it in the end zone.  They call a penalty on every return. Why start at the 8 yard line when you get the 25 automatically.  Same on punts. Take what you get and be satisfied and just give the ball to Rodgers. 

If this is true (and I'm not saying it isn't) why claim a guy like Tremon Smith whose only real qualification is as a kick returner?

Edited by Lodestar

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He's never going to be a top 25 guy in this league.

Can he be a hell of a lot better than Ryan Grant and Dwayne Harris? Yes.

Believe me, I'm not expecting even close to T25. But I'd much rather see a 26 year old with some speed given a 14 game audition over Ryan Grant and Dwyane Harris ;).

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Believe me, I'm not expecting even close to T25. But I'd much rather see a 26 year old with some speed given a 14 game audition over Ryan Grant and Dwyane Harris ;).

He'd be a top pick in flag football. Guy has hands and speed and can make some people miss. Doesnt do well with contact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Does he have any potential as a receiver? Without AB, our receiver cupboard is painfully bare. 

Remember what he did in pre-season against you?  

If you move him around, so he can come off the line clean and maybe run a few end arounds and stuff like that?  Well, then you have something immediately.

If you line him up out wide and ask him to beat a jam and a physical corner?  Well, he's gonna make Ryan Grant look real good.

I think you got a nice scratch off lottery ticket with him.  Maybe he pans out.  Maybe he doesn't.  But the kid has some nice physical traits.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Some of the reactions online from upset Packers fans are making Trevor Davis out to be Devin Hester.  LoL

I suspect those fans are concerned about our WR corps more than anything else and are not happy to lose a WR with Davis' speed?

30 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I suspect those fans are concerned about our WR corps more than anything else and are not happy to lose a WR with Davis' speed?

Nah they’re making him out to be a world class return man hence the Hester reference.  I’m not sure we’ve seen Davis’ supposed 4.3 speed since the combine anyway.   Maybe the Raiders can Al Davis it out of him.  

Edited by thrILL!

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Top 16 receivers in yards last year

Julio (4.39)

Hopkins (4.57)

Evans (4.53)

Hill (4.28) pro day

JuJu (4.54)

Thomas (4.55)

Adams (4.56)

Thielen (4.45) pro day

Brown (4.47)

Hilton (4.34) pro day

Woods (4.51)

Cooks (4.33)

Allen (4.73) injured?

Golladay (4.50)

Beckham (4.43)

Boyd (4.58)

+++

Average: 4.49

Can we please stop with the "burner" stuff?

Yeah but if receivers are not fast they can't get separation? That kind of flips this on it's head hey.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gotta admit, you guys have a crazy active forum. 10 pages for a dude you traded away? Dang. That's more posts than the Chargers have in 13 years.

We're as committed to our team as your fans are to yours. As you can see, however, we tend to overanalyze.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's never going to be a top 25 guy in this league.

Can he be a hell of a lot better than Ryan Grant and Dwayne Harris? Yes.

To be honest nothing in his career would indicate this. He may have a ceiling and a few others said it but there is no reason to say he can be or can't be either. Just saying No one knows. I mean can Taco Charlton turn it around all of a sudden? If anything Davis can be a good punt returner. That is all he has shown me so far.