NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

17 minutes ago, champ11 said:

But Conley doesn't have an alcohol problem - he just is terrible out of nowhere. Maybe national media guys were lying to me all along and Mike Conley wasn't actually underrated. Brandon Clarke isn't better than him already but damn he might be close lol. Conley can still figure it out........we'll see. 

Yeah, I don't know if he was underrated but clearly he was a good player. And he had some nice playoff moments which matter. Just don't know what it is. 

16 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pretty good comp in terms of how they’ve disappointed, but we knew what Ty’s issue was (at least in hindsight, can’t recall when it became obvious). Conley’s fall-off is a bit baffling. Maybe we’ll find out about an injury? Just bizarre how poorly he is shooting.

Yeah, but Lawson was ballin the season prior and goes to a WCF team and was supposed to take them to the next level or be the missing piece and was complete trash. Conley isn't THAT young, but still surprising how he's fallen off. Can't just blame an injury, he looks lost as @champ11 said. 

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

Can't believe LeBron said it's his responsibility to carry on Kobe's legacy now. Uhh, no. His legacy is set in stone bruh.

It's pretty clear he was talking about doing good things and getting the Lakers back on top, not to actually try to carry on Kobe's legacy as a basketball player or anything like that. Get a grip on your emotions.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

It's pretty clear he was talking about doing good things and getting the Lakers back on top, not to actually try to carry on Kobe's legacy as a basketball player or anything like that. Get a grip on your emotions.

There are certain people that'll put anything LeBron does under a microscope. Outright LeBron haters are worse than LeBron stans. 

• Like 6

Want to keep the Kobe thread at 24 pages so I didn’t want to post this there but this is kind of a crazy stat I was told by a buddy:

Kobe is only the 3rd ever NBA MVP to die. Ever. Literally all of them are alive outside of Kobe, Wilt, and Moses Malone. That’s crazy to me. 

6 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Want to keep the Kobe thread at 24 pages so I didn’t want to post this there but this is kind of a crazy stat I was told by a buddy:

Kobe is only the 3rd ever NBA MVP to die. Ever. Literally all of them are alive outside of Kobe, Wilt, and Moses Malone. That’s crazy to me. 

That's another reason his death is so shocking. Like Shaq mentioned, NBA legends (more than any sport imo) seem to live well into their lives. Find any list of an All-60s NBA Decade Team and all those guys besides Wilt are still alive today.

Even Wilt and Moses, while fairly young at the time of their death, were 60 and 63. Kobe being gone at 41 is just so bizzare. I guess the next closet would be Pistol Pete dying at 40. The whole thing is still unreal to me.