Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

BA almost pulled the trigger on a PP trade as soon as he got here. We've also adjusted Mike's contract twice to free up space and gave JPP a paycut and an out next year.

Of any teams that could/would trade for PP, I'd guess we'd be near the top of the list.

The Chiefs have inquired as well in the past. I'm shocked the Cardinals haven't traded him yet.

If this thread is any indication, maybe DEN can get more than a R5 for Manny. R4 from GB or NO could be a nice fit. IDK if Elway would deal w/ BB, unless Manny specifically requested it. He was a trooper long enough here to go to the team of his choice, granted the compensation is in the same round as other offers.

3 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

If this thread is any indication, maybe DEN can get more than a R5 for Manny. R4 from GB or NO could be a nice fit. IDK if Elway would deal w/ BB, unless Manny specifically requested it. He was a trooper long enough here to go to the team of his choice, granted the compensation is in the same round as other offers.

I think you could certainly get more than a 5th for Manny. Golden Tate net a third last year. The Pats could easily offer up something like a compensatory third (if they are projected to have one, I believe they are from Trent Brown) for Manny if they are really worried about their receivers. 

Don't think that you guys will trade Miller, but if so, a 1st / 3rd seems unlikely. Think there's a few different factors that just suppresses that market 

57 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Lol at trading a 1 for a non elite over 30 WR

AJ Green is elite, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. I'll concede he's not going for a 1st, but if you try to stick standard coverage around him like you would for a non elite WR, he'll eat you alive.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

AJ Green is elite, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. I'll concede he's not going for a 1st, but if you try to stick standard coverage around him like you would for a non elite WR, he'll eat you alive.

Like Chris Godwin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Isn't there an insane amount of dead money on Von's deal?

Yes, there is. Would cost more to trade him than keep him, but not to a point that is amazing detrimental (25.1M cap hit with him on the roster, 29 if he's traded). The team should be able to withstand 4 million more coming off their cap space if they really want to trade him, and then it's gone and they wouldn't have any dead space for him next season (or at least very little)

**edit**

Actually, take that back. Wouldn't cost them more to trade him as part of the "dead" money is guaranteed base salary this year (9 million), which would transfer to the team acquiring him. So they would actually save about 5 million in cap space I believe by trading him (or the prorated amount) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes, there is. Would cost more to trade him than keep him, but not to a point that is amazing detrimental (25.1M cap hit with him on the roster, 29 if he's traded). The team should be able to withstand 4 million more coming off their cap space if they really want to trade him, and then it's gone and they wouldn't have any dead space for him next season (or at least very little)

If the Colts dangled that second from Washington and a future second I'd strongly consider it.

I think you could certainly get more than a 5th for Manny. Golden Tate net a third last year. The Pats could easily offer up something like a compensatory third (if they are projected to have one, I believe they are from Trent Brown) for Manny if they are really worried about their receivers. 

If Denver could get a R3 from NE for Manny, another R3 from maybe the Eagles for CHJ and then move Von on draft day, that would be a win to me. I think they could get a R1 and change for Miller still.

They need to fully rebuild and move on from the old guard. Sad day. Much of this falls on Elway for just being straight unable to acquire a QB for so long. Put this years iteration of Joe Flacco on the Broncos after their Super Bowl win and they could contend for another two seasons. Instead we have dealt with just putrid play there. Flacco is literally a breath of fresh air this season and he is militantly average.

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Green hasn’t been elite in awhile, and he’s 31