the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

16 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Didn't see it on any tv replays … take your word for it.  Normally, tv will show it to show that Rodgers sucks.    

The notion that Rodgers won’t throw to open players he “sees”/Adams is so preposterous from the arm chair QBs who get to see the game in slow mow/replay. Guess what? QBs miss people sometimes when they have massive and  fast defensive players coming at them.

the guy threw balls to Lazard/Shep and numerous others with the game on the line vs Det. And won.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

The notion that Rodgers won’t throw to open players he “sees”/Adams is so preposterous from the arm chair QBs who get to see the game in slow mow/replay. Guess what? QBs miss people sometimes when they have massive and  fast defensive players coming at them.

the guy threw balls to Lazard/Shep and numerous others with the game on the line vs Det. And won.

Yeah, all depends on the progression. But MVS was running open a few times. Had a walk-in TD (his defender fell down immediately) on a Lazard reception (couple passes before the Lazard TD). So it didn't hurt us. Just observing that MVS is likely playing much better than his stats indicate. 

We finally hit a long pass to him this week. Hopefully he and Aaron build off that.

• Like 1

If I'm the NFL commissioner, I'm going to make a concerted effort to educate broadcasters on the rules. When the voice coming out of the TV during the broadcast is spewing inaccurate information about the rules, it's not going to help instill fan confidence in the officials or the league. Think about the difference in the current narrative if Booger was telling viewers that the defensive player can't drive their hands or fists into an opposing lineman's neck or under the base of their helmet. If the supremely incompetent, Booger McFarland, wasn't excelling at misinforming the viewing audience, then there's no controversy right now.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

This is probably one of your worst assessments to date and you have had a few doozies already. 

It certainly might be a bad take later in the year.  At this point though I'm not sure how it is.  MVS has been our #1 WR over the previous 2 weeks and he had less than 70 yards to show for it in 2 games where Rodgers struggled to find open WRs.  I don't know how we can possibly look at MVS's massive snap share and say that he's been anything but a disappointment.  

Thankfully we've got a really good defense because this isn't a passing attack that isn't going to win many shootouts.  

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, all depends on the progression. But MVS was running open a few times. Had a walk-in TD (his defender fell down immediately) on a Lazard reception (couple passes before the Lazard TD). So it didn't hurt us. Just observing that MVS is likely playing much better than his stats indicate. 

We finally hit a long pass to him this week. Hopefully he and Aaron build off that.

For sure, i am sure it happens all the time when QBs are on another read/progression, but people who think 12 ignores open receivers based on who he prefers as a target are idiots.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Greg C. said:

This was the third game in a row in which Aaron Rodgers has played great. For those complaining about him holding onto the ball too long, he got sacked once, folks. ONCE. He played really smart, was accurate with his throws, and found a way to complete passes with a pretty unimpressive group of receivers. On the big throws to Valdez-Scantling and Lazard, the receivers were not even open. 

Jimmy Graham was bad as usual but he deserves props for a great catch in traffic near the end of the game. That was the kind of big time play that unfortunately he seldom makes anymore. Mercedes Lewis made a couple of nice catches downfield and actually looked pretty fast and agile on those plays. Maybe that was an illusion, but he got the job done.  

Kevin King got burned a couple times early but then settled down. Jaire Alexander had a bounce-back game after his poor showing against Amari Cooper last week.

The Lions smartly took advantage of the Savage-less defense on those two big throws early in the game. They also were smart to target Darrius Shepherd by making him return kickoffs. It's a good thing we have a good punter and a good kicker, because other than that, the special teams are about as bad as usual. Trading away Trevor Davis obviously didn't help. 

The hands-to-the-face penalties both looked bad on the replays, but the MNF crew only showed one angle of each play, in slow motion, and I think those plays looked much worse in real time, with Bahktiari's head getting pushed back. Also, I wonder if grabbing a blocker by the collar for an extended time like that may qualify as hands to the face. I really don't know. I've always hated Booger McFarland as an announcer, mainly because he talks too much and overanalyzes, but he reached a new low by actually calling for the league to subject those kinds of plays to replay review. That would be madness. 

It was nice to see the Packers win in spite of not jumping out to an early lead, as they have in most games. They clearly outplayed the Lions for the last three quarters. 

I really wonder if Booger didn't cry about those calls so much like he did last night would fans after the game and today would be complaining like they are.  He is a former DT so he would be sympathetic to another D lineman.

9 minutes ago, SSG said:

It certainly might be a bad take later in the year.  At this point though I'm not sure how it is.  MVS has been our #1 WR over the previous 2 weeks and he had less than 70 yards to show for it in 2 games where Rodgers struggled to find open WRs.  I don't know how we can possibly look at MVS's massive snap share and say that he's been anything but a disappointment.  

Thankfully we've got a really good defense because this isn't a passing attack that isn't going to win many shootouts.  

There are numerous plays of receivers running open. Disappear under the bridge and come back with some new material.

The NFL general's a toxic joke I'm staying away. Didn't know the Packers were the most hated sports franchise. Poor Lions we took their Lombardi trophy. Detroit was the fresher  team coming off a bye week. Packers were ripe for the picking, they were beat up playing with a depleted receiving core, if you let a bottom of the roster guy torch you how do you not deserve to lose? You can't tell me with a straight face after 4 full quarters of football only two so called bad calls sealed their fate.

Edited by St Vince

8 hours ago, Pugger said:

I noticed Detroit didn't even bother challenging it.  This has been going on all over the league = DPI not called so HC throws out red hankie and the refs don't change it.  We got skunked on one of those against Philly.

Given what we've seen this year, I don't know why any coach would ever throw a challenge flag for a PI review.  They may be reviewable but they certainly aren't being objectively reviewed.  The NFL has really made a mess of their officiating.  The state of officiating is every bit as bad as it was with the replacement refs (maybe worse).  Officials look scared.  

I don't have an answer for how to fix it.  The game is faster then it's their jobs insanely difficult (those hands to the faces looked like the right call live).  I'm pretty sure the NFL axed their full time official programs but I think that might be the answer.  Make your entire group officials full time so they can practice and improve their craft in the same manner NFL players do.  

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

Given what we've seen this year, I don't know why any coach would ever throw a challenge flag for a PI review.  They may be reviewable but they certainly aren't being objectively reviewed.  The NFL has really made a mess of their officiating.  The state of officiating is every bit as bad as it was with the replacement refs (maybe worse).  Officials look scared.  

I don't have an answer for how to fix it.  The game is faster then it's their jobs insanely difficult (those hands to the faces looked like the right call live).  I'm pretty sure the NFL axed their full time official programs but I think that might be the answer.  Make your entire group officials full time so they can practice and improve their craft in the same manner NFL players do.  

Its about time that Betting Mafia will slowly take over American Pro Sports...