the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

Just now, incognito_man said:

I cheered real loud.

But was dumbest crowd I've been part of in years. My God.

The crowd literally looked like a bunch of no-energy slugs from our TV’s.  Like you said, it was definitely above and beyond lackluster and didn’t seem to help our team much tonight.

13 minutes ago, Slinky said:

It's hilarious how no big deal is made out of the calls we get hosed on, but when it's the other way around, it's the end of the world. 

Not that it excuses this game, but we got our share of terrible calls against Dallas a week ago and we didn't let it decide the game.

Just sayin'.

Edited by KManX89

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I seriously missed Goodson do anything.

Redmond has the hit that "turned the momentum around" if you believe in that kinda thing.

Gotta watch the tape I saw him fill holes on a few running plays and he showed up a bit pissed off. I had to take a double take to make sure I had the number correct. Lowry was a stud in the run game tonight too. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ain't saying I would have made those calls myself, but they also weren't clear misses. The rule says you can't put your hands on the guy's neck. If you've got a hold of the neck hole of the guys shoulder pads, not sure what to tell you.

they were clear misses. probably should have been PI on that redmond play too. 

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not sure I agree DET outplayed GB.  DET had a ton of opportunities to put this game out of reach, and then GB gave them more, and they never did.

3 turnovers to 0. if that first illegal hands to the face isn't called, they get the ball back up 9 with 10 minutes left and probably kill enough clock to make the win probability for us considerably smaller 

whatever man, 3-0 in the division, 5-1 overall! someone send clete blakeman a gift basket and let's move on lol

Just now, Howler said:

I thought they did. They shot themselves in the foot with the 12 men on the field call that led to 6. Then they got screwed on that pass completion reversal and then the two phantom Flowers calls.

Those two calls were fouls by the rule in the book. Packers shot themselves in the foot too, still won the game. And you want to talk about an actual phantom call, their only touchdown of the game they didn't actually score. We shouldn't have even needed a field goal to win if they actually review that play.

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

He should be... He doesn't belong in the NFL.

Just crazy Gute traded Davis to give him PT. Probably the worse thing Gute has done as the GM.

Getting a draft pick for Davis is a good move.  We weren't going to re-sign him, and he wasn't going to earn a comp pick with his contract.  

Just now, Golfman said:

Gotta watch the tape I saw him fill holes on a few running plays and he showed up a bit pissed off. I had to take a double take to make sure I had the number correct. Lowry was a stud in the run game tonight too. 

Lowry was getting treated like a scrub in the first half. Single stack blocking on a starting DT is kinda embarrassing

1 minute ago, Howler said:

I thought they did. They shot themselves in the foot with the 12 men on the field call that led to 6. Then they got screwed on that pass completion reversal and then the two phantom Flowers calls.

Yeah...  The Packers also shot themselves in the foot with a couple crazy drops.

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

they were clear misses. probably should have been PI on that redmond play too. 

3 turnovers to 0. if that first illegal hands to the face isn't called, they get the ball back up 9 with 10 minutes left and probably kill enough clock to make the win probability for us considerably smaller 

whatever man, 3-0 in the division, 5-1 overall! someone send clete blakeman a gift basket and let's move on lol

And they did nothing with the three turnovers. Now stop screeching it's embarrassing. 

Peter Bukowski: It feels like the Packers stole this game - but they won the first down battle 22-13, the yardage battle, yards per play, passing, rushing, time of possession, sacks, and QB hits.

-3 in the turnover battle with two from Darrius Shepherd.

• Like 1