Who gets fired first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What happens at coaching?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Same Time
    • Neither

18 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Looks like Freddie grew a bigger set over the bye week.

Way to put Tony in his place, Freddie!

I have to disagree with your opinion. From my perspective,  Freddie sounds like a petulant child by saying this, not someone who's grown a bigger set. He couldn't just stick with coach speak and keep everything in a gray area? Regardless of how annoying the media is (and some are more annoying then others) I would prefer my coach to keep his cool under the scrutiny of the media, not sound like some kid who wants to take his ball and go home.  I guess I would like my coach to have a little more professionalism then what Freddie has displayed this year. That's just my opinion. 

Peace!!!

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

I have to disagree with your opinion. From my perspective,  Freddie sounds like a petulant child by saying this, not someone who's grown a bigger set. He couldn't just stick with coach speak and keep everything in a gray area? Regardless of how annoying the media is (and some are more annoying then others) I would prefer my coach to keep his cool under the scrutiny of the media, not sound like some kid who wants to take his ball and go home.  I guess I would like my coach to have a little more professionalism then what Freddie has displayed this year. That's just my opinion. 

Peace!!!

It was like the 8th time he was asked and he already asked the media to move on he was done with that question. He also chuckled when he said it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

No offense taken by your comment. In a perfect world, that is exactly how I would want my coach to behave.

But we need to remember this is not a perfect world. Freddie has to deal with MULTIPLE "journalists". The same question inevitably gets asked over and over by different journalists. The journalists' agenda vary from "I need a good story" to "If you don't do it my way, I will paint you in such a bad light your days will be numbered." And yes, there are vindictive tools in that industry.

When I saw the actual video of Freddie answering that question, he stopped the question being asked and asked back "Who said he is playing tackle? Did your source also tell you he was working at guard and center? They didn't tell you that, huh?"

It just like the Hoyer/Manziel stories from a few years ago. These writers will continually twist their wording to ask the same question 15 different ways. It is exhausting to be frank. It is simple human nature to be frustrated by it. Hearing Freddie pop off back at them was refreshing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

No offense taken by your comment. In a perfect world, that is exactly how I would want my coach to behave.

But we need to remember this is not a perfect world. Freddie has to deal with MULTIPLE "journalists". The same question inevitably gets asked over and over by different journalists. The journalists' agenda vary from "I need a good story" to "If you don't do it my way, I will paint you in such a bad light your days will be numbered." And yes, there are vindictive tools in that industry.

When I saw the actual video of Freddie answering that question, he stopped the question being asked and asked back "Who said he is playing tackle? Did your source also tell you he was working at guard and center? They didn't tell you that, huh?"

It just like the Hoyer/Manziel stories from a few years ago. These writers will continually twist their wording to ask the same question 15 different ways. It is exhausting to be frank. It is simple human nature to be frustrated by it. Hearing Freddie pop off back at them was refreshing.

Long story short: the media sucks.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:18 AM, buno67 said:

He could have called a different run play but the way the OL got their sh!t shoved right back in, that play would have been stopped either way

Look at the way the defense crashed the play on take 2 vs take 1. On the first snap the left-most 4 guys on defense weren't involved with the play. On snap two they are all around the ball. The entire defense swarmed it because they knew it was coming.

7 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Look at the way the defense crashed the play on take 2 vs take 1. On the first snap the left-most 4 guys on defense weren't involved with the play. On snap two they are all around the ball. The entire defense swarmed it because they knew it was coming.

Still don’t matter the entire LOS got re-established 2 yards in the backfield. Just about every running play is going to fail with that kind of effort by the OL. He should have called a PA pass off of that. 

Still don’t matter if it was the same play or not. The OL got destroyed on it. Who cares if the defense knew the play. That comes down to who wants it more or who the better player/unit at that point