Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

They played this miraculously. Based on our last I thought we'd mess it up but he looked like a crazy/baby in this whole situation and we held our ground on a steel price and got it even when it was obvious it had to be done.

I haven't watched Talib this year.  I'm not sure if this was in the making or you can thank your lucky stars Talib got injured.

To fake an injury have a meeting with an owner, and than miss another game and still get that value. This situation shows all the NFL why fans aren't gms. Never act on emotions. 

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Not trying to be a Richard in this, but who was the last 1st rounder the Jags drafted that they actually paid a top-dollar 2nd contract to as opposed to letting them walk in free agency?  I genuinely can't remember.  And while that might be more of a condemnation of Gene Smith's drafting in the past, it's difficult to argue that the trend wasn't visible that Ramsey had reason to believe he was never going to see the contract he wanted in Duval.  While the Rams will have to get creative with cap structure moving forward, the money is there and the cap space is there next year and the year after to pay him, and they just shelled out three top-tier-positional contracts to their own, so that would suggest more reason to have confidence he'd be paid lucratively in LA as long as his play doesn't fall off (like Marcus Peters' did).

No, you're absolutely right. Our 1st round draft picks have been garbo besides Ramsey though for the past decade We paid Bortles but.....

Hoping Allen bucks the trend but it's been bad.

Regardless, Khan came out and said he'd be happy to pay him and for all intents and purposes they would've. Hell, it sounded like Khan tried to do it in a meeting but Ramsey still butted heads over the Coughlin ordeal.

Edited by .Buzz

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Given the kind of dead cap hit that the Broncos would have to eat to trade him, you can pretty much take Miller's name out of your mouth.  The guy's contract structure makes him pretty much unmovable.

On a rebuilding team I never say never. You just never know. I read somewhere it's only a 4 million dollar difference whether he's on the roster or not. 

Point still stands that it's not over until it's over. The eagles are going to make a splash. If the fans of philly were the gm they'd be in trouble lol. Or maybe I listen to sports talk radio too much bc it's entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

They are but they aren't. I've never agreed with the Seattle philosophy of getting as many picks as possible because ultimately those picks have to turn into solid NFL players.

But at the same time when you are a team like the Rams who was already going to be dealing with cap issues with players like Goff, Gurley and Donald getting so much money, you needed a way to acquire really good talent that you could pay nothing. This is going to kill that, regardless of how good Ramsey is.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/4/29/18522135/update-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-new-england-patriots-san-francisco-49ers-2019-nfl-draft

Patriots used the Jimmy G picked and turned it into six players.

If Jags play it right they can turn those picks into a bonanza down the line that keeps giving. . EX for the next 2 drafts they can trade the pick to a team that needs and QB  and roll them into future drafts while using there own picks

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Hell, it sounded like Khan tried to do it in a meeting but Ramsey still butted heads over the Coughlin ordeal.

That reads, to me at least, like the sentiment Ramsey was getting was that Coughlin didn't want to pay him like he wanted, regardless of whether Khan greenlit it or not.  Ultimately may have been a confidence/"feeling valued" (that could be chalked up to ego, I suppose, but we seen it many times over in the past across the league, especially with star players) issue with regard to Coughlin, personally and professionally, as well as a belief (could be unfounded, might not have been) over who the organization would choose to side/stick with if it ever came to nut-chopping time.