Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, regretted it like 20 minutes later. At the time I thought it was for a draft pick, but getting a player back who will probably start for you is not waving the white flag. I thought maybe it was going to be for a 4th or 5th, which would have been less than a comp pick, and would have been just to get rid of the guy. 

Not stupid at all. This move just breathed life into their whole team and fanbase. Everyone was *****ing all over them after the terrible performances the last three weeks, now everyone is excited again. 

And most of their problem's that they have had are still going to be problems. It doesn't change the fact that their o-line is struggling, that Goff is struggling, that Gurley isn't what he once was or that they can't really stop the run at all.

With Talib going on the IR and Peters now gone, the CB unit is surely upgraded but by how much really? It's a total revamp for sure, but I'm not sure I'd say it's that much better than it was before considering they also lost quite a bit in that regard today.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I understand that. But the odds are heavily against them to win now. Rams line is bad, Gurley isn't the same and Goff is having his own struggles. They are currently 3rd place in their division and 0-2 behind the top 2 teams.

Their o-line was bad vs SF but everyone's o-line looks bad vs SF heh. 

Only just finished week 6, I expect to see the Rams in the playoffs, don't you?

Just now, N4L said:

jags wouldn't want to allow it in case ramsey/tonsil asks for something absurd, which would lower the amount teams are willing to trade for them. 

I hope ramsey asks for 25 million a year

He won't.

$20 though? Sure.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think you aren't understanding the significance of this deal. You know Wade's scheme. What coverage does he like to play the most?

First quarter he plays soft and he tightens up as the game goes on. Ramsey fits the scheme no doubt.

The LA market fits him perfectly they were the only team where this deal semi made sense. Wasn't going to work for Philly I could elaborate but lets be emotionally intelligent. 

Rams are taking advantage of their window with Donald and company I respect it, bold strategy only way it pays off is with a superbowl trophy before Donald slips 2-3 years.

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

And most of their problem's that they have had are still going to be problems. It doesn't change the fact that their o-line is struggling, that Goff is struggling, that Gurley isn't what he once was or that they can't really stop the run at all.

Don't you think if their offense is struggling that it would help to have a really good defense? 

They absolutely can stop the run btw. They have aaron freaking Donald and some other really stout lineman

• Like 1

I hate it and i love it

i never wanted to trade him. He was exactly the player i thought he could be when we drafted him. We finally had a shutdown big-play CB who was the best at his craft but he didnt want to stay. He wasnt going to sign and this is alot more than another year of headaches and a 3rd round comp pick so for that i love it. We got alot more than people expected

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

Look at their schedule. They have some easy games coming up to give them confidence going forward and get a bit healthier. QBs have gone through slumps in the past, Goff can absolutely turn it around. Their OLine can improve. They have tons of talent writing off this team this early is pretty silly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Not sure where you get that they can't stop the run. that's actually the one thing that they have done reasonably well. I think going into the game Sunday, they were like 7th in yards per attempt against, and then they held the 49ers to barely 2 yards per carry. I mean, they aren't the Bucs, but they are fine there. 

• Like 1

Just now, FinSting said:

Their o-line was bad vs SF but everyone's o-line looks bad vs SF heh. 

Only just finished week 6, I expect to see the Rams in the playoffs, don't you?

I think they could make the playoffs, but they could not. Let's take a look at their situation:

- They probably aren't winning the NFC West. They are 2 games behind the Seahawks and 2.5 games behind the 49ers. As it stands now: They have lost games to both and that will be important when it comes down to tiebreakers.

- For the wild card they would likely have to compete with: possibly 3 NFC North teams, the Panthers & whoever doesn't win the division of the 49ers/Seahawks.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So two CB were traded for today one for basically Peanuts and the Eagles weren't involved in either? Talk about a Nut Punch to the groin area!

WTF Howie? As much as you like to wheel and deal?

The 49ers offer you Dontae Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I hate it and i love it

i never wanted to trade him. He was exactly the player i thought he could be when we drafted him. We finally had a shutdown big-play CB who was the best at his craft but he didnt want to stay. He wasnt going to sign and this is alot more than another year of headaches and a 3rd round comp pick so for that i love it. We got alot more than people expected

Be proud of your front office that they showed backbone until their price was reached.