Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Browns
    • Still Browns, but in orange
    • Still browns, but in white
    • Hornby
    • Two GOATS that graze in the same field.
    • Jerks, why'd you pick the two GOATS?

Our franchise cornerstones looked good today.

• I thought for the most part Baker played pretty well today. I saw some great throws from him (the back shoulder throw to OBJ on the sideline that should have been caught comes to mind) The Patriot defense had been chewing up young QBs this year and Baker held his own.
  • Chubb, outside of a couple of fumbles was outstanding again.
  • Myles had yet another sack
  • Ward almost picked off Brady in the endzone

I think if we had a stronger, more experienced head coach we would have had a real serious chance of winning this game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I can't believe we had a 13 penalty game and looked that bad after a bye week. 

Part of me wishes we didn't have cake-walk teams in the 2nd half of the season so we could truly see how inept we are along with the coaching.

i think we truly are seeing how inept they are right now....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Part of me wishes we didn't have cake-walk teams in the 2nd half of the season so we could truly see how inept we are along with the coaching.

why? You can still see the inept in these upcoming games. the things you just learned while playing tough teams isnt translating into lessons vs the easier teams, there truly is an issue. It would have been nice giving Freddie learning moments vs lesser teams, so you are afforded a margin for error but they just played one of the toughest schedules in the league for the first half of the season. Lets see if he learn anything and is able to put it into action

• Like 1

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

why? You can still see the inept in these upcoming games. the things you just learned while playing tough teams isnt translating into lessons vs the easier teams, there truly is an issue. It would have been nice giving Freddie learning moments vs lesser teams, so you are afforded a margin for error but they just played one of the toughest schedules in the league for the first half of the season. Lets see if he learn anything and is able to put it into action

If there's a problem with a leaky roof but there is no rain to expose such issues it can be easy to lulled into the false belief that the roof is in order and all is well. I guess at the end of the day because I never believed this was the year where we compete for it all I'd rather it rain so at least we can figure out who exactly are the "leaky roofs" on this team be they coaches or players.

Ultimately, I'm afraid that wins against some of the top 6 worst teams in the league will serve as the "Scoreboard.. Scoreboard" whitewash over the justified scrutiny and hyper-awareness that should remain on the coaching and player performance.

I believe that you find out about a team more when they are up against sound and/or good teams as opposed to cake-walk teams.

Even if we lost to some of the harder teams we've played against, the way we executed and performed against them if we did so at a high level would be indicative and diagnostic of something about our team.

To this point, we've been a complete mess and I'm not sure that the "with a win against Denver we're back on track" type of sentiments that will come from winning against such teams will be false confidence in an operation whose weaknesses won't be tested or exposed. 

You're right in that ineptness can show up against lesser teams but it's harder at least to me to really take-away diagnostic information about a team when they aren't tested.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

Every week is a new player to blame. Chubb put us in the hole this week w/ basically a 14pt fumbling swing. 

Our identity this season is the same as any, beating ourselves. 

We all were rooting for Freddie and the options we had available werent very good. Hopefully we can get someone in here actually disciplined enough to grow the roots of success from the get go. 

The bye was our chance to change identities. 5 or 6 wins is all we'll see and hard to imagine Freddie is brought back... 7 or 8 sure, but there is no way this mistake prone team well get there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

"Part of me"

Edited by NudeTayne
Your secret is safe with Tayne

Yo. I think aside from the wasted challenges and that brain fart with the punt unit, you can be quite happy about how FK and the team approached this in terms of a gameplan. They done the exact same thing that I thought would hurt us - Chubb going well (better than I thought he would...jesus...) and the quick-fire passing game to ease Baker back to confidence. There were some really clever plays in there too! Not sure how much weight you put into the bye week prep, but I thought it was the best coached game against us so far. It recognized our weaknesses, and stuck to a game plan of trying to attack it. In a tight game, it would have worked.

Edit: OK so just reading the last few pages, seems you're down on the performance. I guess I can only comment from our perspective, but were it not for the silly turnovers, this would have been monumentally frustrating and tight for us.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Believe me,  they’ll look plenty inept against the scrub teams as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yo. I think aside from the wasted challenges and that brain fart with the punt unit, you can be quite happy about how FK and the team approached this in terms of a gameplan. They done the exact same thing that I thought would hurt us - Chubb going well (better than I thought he would...jesus...) and the quick-fire passing game to ease Baker back to confidence. There were some really clever plays in there too! Not sure how much weight you put into the bye week prep, but I thought it was the best coached game against us so far. It recognized our weaknesses, and stuck to a game plan of trying to attack it. In a tight game, it would have worked.

Edit: OK so just reading the last few pages, seems you're down on the performance. I guess I can only comment from our perspective, but were it not for the silly turnovers, this would have been monumentally frustrating and tight for us.

I think it stems from how the team has looked all season, unprepared and undisciplined, starting from game 1 and even through the bye we still don't have an identity on offense that isn't feed Chubb the ball. We have play makers, yet can't scheme them open.

I also think a bit of is that we fell for the hype, not the over hype that had us pegged as contenders, but the hype that we would be a good team. I know a lot of people get upset / sensitive when coaching is brought up; but ultimately that is where it starts. We still get penalized an absurd number of times every game and I don't really see adjustments made during the game or at half time. Pretty much we have a plan and we stick to it, doesn't matter if the opposing coach / team adjusts, we will do the "plan" no matter what.