Sam Darnold, “ I’m seeing ghosts

hornbybrown

26 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm all for jokes at the expense of the Jets... but I don't get what the big deal is?

To me personally, it isn’t a big deal. He was just stating the obvious. However the media is having an effing field day with this and with the dysfunction that is the Jets that is where the issue arises. That comment blew up a lot more issues.

Him saying it is getting way overblown. I'm sure plenty of quarterbacks have said similar things when they're having crappy nights.

I think the more pertinent question is just what in the hell were those imbeciles running that garbage operation thinking when they decided to mic up their young, potentially future-of-the-franchise QB in his 16th game EVER, against Belichick and the filthiest defense the NFL has seen in years

It could be one of two things. First, maybe the kid was seeing actual ghosts. Halloween is coming up, and maybe there was some paranormal activity at the stadium. Second, maybe this is a lingering affect of mononucleosis. I guess what I’m saying is, we either need a priest, or a doctor. Maybe both. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dome said:

A lot of people seem mad that they aired that “Mic’d up” moment....

I for one, don’t care. 

you know you’re mic’d up for broadcast material. Don’t say something you don’t want them to broadcast.

The fact that he knew was mic’d up and still said that shows just how absolutely mind f’d he was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

I can see why it would be bad taste to air it since it serves no other purpose other then to ridicule him. To be fair he is young QB going against the mastermind so he shouldn't feel so bad about it. To me it was more damning how Gase just left him out there for the wolves to tear him apart and gave him no guidance at all. How about breaking down some coverages on the sideline to ease him rather then just telling him "you are ok"?

That would take needing a decent HC for it to happen though..

yeah, i appreciate an atheletes frankness, and this is no different

it is funny though.

Darnold should just move forward with it and own it. He seems to be handling that well.

as others said, thats not the case with Gase though.

Gase looks bad here. Whats worse, Gase also said "we got beat in all three phases". He neglected to mention that he got beat in coaching. Gase should be fired this year.

• Like 1