Sam Darnold, “ I’m seeing ghosts

hornbybrown

I'd be a bit annoyed as a Jets fan, yeah. Only because it's in real time. Like, let him or the team review it the next day and decide what goes to all of America? I'd have cut that part about the ghosts out. I like Mic'd up, but this felt a liiitle like poking fun out of the young guy.

6 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Still think it was bs that Gase didn't pull him out of there when it was really hitting the fan. I started feeling bad for Darnold more than anything when he said that. He was admitting he was overwhelmed but Gase threw him to the wolves over and over.

In fairness to Gase, do you actually think David Fales would do much better?

• Like 1

The jets have a right to be mad. Those mic'd up moments are all screened for approval by a nfl films rep. I cant remember the last time they let something that made a player look bad like that get okay'd. Even the higher ups at nfl films are reportedly upset with the rep that was there for approving it.

That said, if this is what is Sam's downfall, I think that would say a lot about his chances of him being successful if it didn't air.

• Like 1

Eh, I think it's cool when players are mic'd. (Unless it's a playoff game and you fall on it and puncture your lung and lose to Carson f'kin Palmer) 

Like others have said, don't say anything if you don't want it to be broadcast. I've definitely heard the term before, so other QBs have said it.

56 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Eh, I think it's cool when players are mic'd. (Unless it's a playoff game and you fall on it and puncture your lung and lose to Carson f'kin Palmer) 

Like others have said, don't say anything if you don't want it to be broadcast. I've definitely heard the term before, so other QBs have said it.

No one's thinking of censoring themselves while in game. The only reason we don't here wild stuff all the time is because the NFL itself screens what goes out.

• Like 1