gdt8: mesomorphic peckers versus KC kief's 2019 exclusive (MNF): bashaud's return to gorgeos green bay 2019 + "the incomparable" tony brown recoups his starting position PART UN

FinneasGage

la personne qui porte vingt-huit ans est celle qui nous sauve  

51 members have voted

1. 1. how the peck men gonna finish em

• godgers w/ the golden gogoplata (ate only asparagus)
    • JK47 w/ axe kick to the parietal lobe
    • martyred velveetas-sandalman w/ the osp (von flue) choke (4.38 speed)
    • zad'arce smith w/ the CHOP to the frontal lobe (previously utilized)
    • tony brown

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It only works if you force a team to play exclusively zone against you. The Chiefs have Hill, Watkins, Hardman so you almost have to play them that way (though I'd argue we could've at least tried to match Jaire with Hill and see what happened). Wouldn't work versus man, which we we see a lot of because we only had one known dynamic playmaker and he is hurt. With Jones emergence maybe we start seeing it a little more.

I was thinking we might try and play man initially. Jaire on Hill, King on Watkins, and Brown on Hardman. With Savage over the top and one of Martinez/Amos/Sullivan on Kelce. Clearly wasn’t the game plan.

33 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I’m no fashionista, but buttoned-up collar, no tie makes me choke a little just watching it. 

Based on the shirt, haircut, and facial expression in the still I'm just going to assume he was Forest Gump for Halloween.

Edited by wgbeethree

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

Some good stuff. I like Simms and agree with everything he said. Some great overall bullet points at the end too

One thing Simms didn't mention was on D the Packers knew they didn't match up well against the KC receivers so they tried to keep everything in front of them.  And KC only scored 7 points in the second half.   He did point out we are good on scoring D.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

One thing Simms didn't mention was on D the Packers knew they didn't match up well against the KC receivers so they tried to keep everything in front of them.  And KC only scored 7 points in the second half.   He did point out we are good on scoring D.

His biggest gripe is GB sucks against the run and the interior of the defense is just bad sans Clark (who is dealing with 2 injuries).

The yardage stats are bad, but situational  stats for GB’s defense are good. Scoring defense, red zone defense, etc.

I just don’t think he trusts it. And will side with his friend Kyle in SF in a head to head matchup. 

Edited by Green19

A quick scrutiny of the injury report showed 22 Packers players listed as injured (a BIG number) early in the week, but just two questionables are left later in the week, Tonyan and D.Adams (both listed as questionable). You would expect a lot of players to be carrying strains and bruises and they are, but not enough to keep them from playing. This is not surprising as the Packers have met a lot of good defenses and decent run offenses. Week 11 (ie after the Chargers and Panthers games) will be a most welcome break for the team.

The Chargers have a significantly shorter injury list, but many of those on it are more likely to miss this game (1x questionable, 3x doubtful and 1x out). having both IDL starters Justin Jones (DT) and Brandon Mebane (NT) out (they are both listed doubtful), would certainly help the Packers run game and might limit Chargers DEs Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram's effectiveness to some degree.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

A quick scrutiny of the injury report showed 22 Packers players listed as injured (a BIG number) early in the week, but just two questionables are left later in the week, Tonyan and D.Adams (both listed as questionable). You would expect a lot of players to be carrying strains and bruises and they are, but not enough to keep them from playing. This is not surprising as the Packers have met a lot of good defenses and decent run offenses. Week 11 (ie after the Chargers and Panthers games) will be a most welcome break for the team.

The Chargers have a significantly shorter injury list, but many of those on it are more likely to miss this game (1x questionable, 3x doubtful and 1x out). having both IDL starters Justin Jones (DT) and Brandon Mebane (NT) out (they are both listed doubtful), would certainly help the Packers run game and might limit Chargers DEs Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram's effectiveness to some degree.

I feel like the injury report for the Packers is listing as many guys as possible so that opposing teams won't know who they may be able to target.  Hrd to pick out who may be slowed a bit out of a list of 22 players, many of whom may be decoys.

• Like 1