WEEK 9 · Sun 11/03 · 4:25 Broncos

sonny44

On 10/28/2019 at 9:15 AM, NateDawg said:

Nick Chubb. The Broncos can’t score points. Don’t get cute, run the ball and win 17 to 13. Run it and have some timely passes. Don’t overthink this one.

I'm not sure if you watched the Broncos@Colts game last week, but the Broncos completed negated a very good Colts rushing attack. They really couldn't get anything going on the ground. We'll see how that translates to this week. But running the ball might be easier said than done. 

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

How has Cleveland looked stopping the run? If they can force 3rd and longs your pash rushers should be able to tee off on this o-line.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-rushing-yards-per-game

29th in the league in Rush defense, but that also factors in a few things:

*Playing the 49ers (awful performance all the way around) and Ravens, who have the two best rushing attacks in the NFL, as well as Top 10 Seattle have inflated their weakness against the run. They're probably middle of the pack against the run overall if you assume everyone were to play the same schedule.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm not sure if you watched the Broncos@Colts game last week, but the Broncos completed negated a very good Colts rushing attack. They really couldn't get anything going on the ground. We'll see how that translates to this week. But running the ball might be easier said than done. 

Fair point. Denver is solid up front. Chubb has had his way against good defenses this season though. I’m just saying, even if it’s not easy, the way the passing game has gone, the Browns need to ground it out and run the offense through Chubb. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, NateDawg said:

Baker isn’t playing good enough football right now for us to run the table. He’s not as bad as his stats indicate, but the passing game has been an epic fail this season. 

IF I'm the HC at this point....I know we have all these shinny toys...but we are about to start the AFC North portion of the Schedule.....Cinncy x 2, Pitts x 2, Balt, Buff and Denver (AFC N type of teams, run the ball and play D).....I would COMPLETELY change my offense in the middle of the season....with Hunt coming back, I'd sign a FB (I have us drafting the kid from B.C. next year in the 6th) and start running Chubb-Hunt (you see what I did there???) 65% of the plays on offense......1 our line is a LOT better at Run Blocking then pass Blocking, and it would give Baker a chance to regroup and work his way out of the rookie slump he's in.

Run the ball and play D.....lean on the surprising solid play from Special Teams (which have improved week to week EVERY week)...use just enough of the passing game to get by and start winning ugly.

• Like 1