Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

I can't believe how horrible this run defense still is. Very suprising Gute didn't address this weakness before the deadline. If this team can't stop the run they're just playoff pretenders. Kenny Clark lost a lot of money, no way I'm paying that guy big money. He's playing like a Jag. Maybe this loss is what this team needed to get refocused, I have a hard time imagining they can play any worse. On to the Panthers.

28 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

That Lowry extension already immediately feels like a mistake

I never understood why so many people liked it right away. I thought we all agreed we knew what he was and it wasn't a long term guy for us. Guess not. 

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Really just a bad burn the tape game. I’d put the L 65% on the O 30 on the D, 5 % STs.

The offense was very sluggish especially out of the gate.  Multiple presnap penalties early killing drives. Under 100 yards in 3 quarters.... Protection wasn’t there. No running room, no time of possession.

The D played on par with how it has the last few weeks.It really wasn’t that bad.  Not lights out but for the most part bent, didn’t break until late. Alexander got beat long twice (one should have been a delay of game, but anyways similar to Cooper, Allen just beat him on a crosser and Williams just outsized him on a jump ball). The inside rush hasn’t been there (Clark is either hurt or has regressed, Adams is looking like a bust and Lowry is just solid). I feel like we’ve been playing more coverage recently and not bringing pressure.

STs were subpar. Blocked kick and a holding setting up a 90 yard field.

Yup, burn the tape.  Going to KC last week and then back to LA is a tough road to haul and it caught up to them.  Age of our tackles and youth of their linemen were evident.  Our d interior line isn't doing much in the run or pass rush and what linebackers?  Beat Panthers next week to be 8-2 and enjoy the bye to rest up.  Toughest part of the schedule is past.  S..t happens and it did today.  That being said, our D scheme has to improve for this team to succeed.   Just burn some of the tape and get your crap together on special teams and d scheme.  

Edited by coachbuns
  • Like 1