Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

19 hours ago, Counselor said:

There is a raiders fan in the nfl general forum (a thread about which team will trade up for Tua) saying Lock was horrible last year. Guess we better move on from him. What a joke 

Yeah but that particular raiders fan has had poor evaluation skills going back to the old forum. I remember him saying RG3 was going to be better than luck and a guaranteed future HOFer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Idk I trust @broncos_fan _from _uk more than anyone. And he had him as a first rounder not too long ago. Idk where he compares to the cowboys center

To be fair that was before his hip injury and surgery. He’s still worth an early third but as Paradis showed hips can derail a center

• Like 3

On 3/6/2020 at 7:25 PM, Cutler06 said:

Austin Ekeler just got resigned by LAC at 4yrs $24.5M with $15M guaranteed. Think Lindsey’s agent saw that ???

There have been reports of Elway & Co.  looking at FA RBs, and some big names to boot. 

To me that makes no sense; smokescreen possibly, but, while Lindsay is limited, spending big $$ or premium picks on RB is almost always a bad investment. Lindsay needs to be part of a stable but he has proven he can be one of the lead horses. I think Lindsay + Freeman + lower tier FA/late round pick RB is a perfectly fine stable. 

I worry that with Elway’s spotty track record recently and Matt “pour me another drink” Russel as his right hand man, they’re going to screw all this up. I’m worried they’re going to sell the farm to move up for the always-injured Shenault, given the Russell/CU connection. 

16 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

There have been reports of Elway & Co.  looking at FA RBs, and some big names to boot. 

To me that makes no sense; smokescreen possibly, but, while Lindsay is limited, spending big $$ or premium picks on RB is almost always a bad investment. Lindsay needs to be part of a stable but he has proven he can be one of the lead horses. I think Lindsay + Freeman + lower tier FA/late round pick RB is a perfectly fine stable. 

I worry that with Elway’s spotty track record recently and Matt “pour me another drink” Russel as his right hand man, they’re going to screw all this up. I’m worried they’re going to sell the farm to move up for the always-injured Shenault, given the Russell/CU connection. 

Honestly, I don't think we'll draft Shenault. Just a hunch.

I think the FA RB is a possibility, but the length of deal will be short. I can't see Elway spending big on RBs, I think he's smart enough to see the value there. But I also think if a good RB (Drake, Gordon, etc.) is available on a 1-2 year deal, it makes sense to pull the trigger while you still have Lock/Lindsay/Sutton/Fant/Risner on cheap deals. 

A few free agents I like and have read the Broncos might be interested in. And a couple I just like.

DJ Reader DL - Multiple reports have him linked to the Broncos and for good reason. His skill set really does mesh with what Fangio likes to do. His ability to play the 5tech on down to 1tech is a great fit on any defense.      5y 58M - 23M GTD 

Michael Brockers DL - Brockers is a beast. He is stout in the run game and is rarely injured. Not the best option but a good one if the price is right. He could compliment DreMont Jones if Jones isn’t ready for a 3 down duties  

3y 27M - 8M GTD

Rodney Gunter DL - Gunter is somewhat of an unknown because he played for the Cardinals.  Good size at 6’5 and around 310 pounds. Does a good job in the run game and has come on as a pass rusher  7.5 sacks in last two seasons.  Would be a great depth signing and not break the bank. 2y 8M - 3M GTD

Prince Amukamara CB - This just makes a lot of sense. A trusted vet who won’t require any long term guarantees. Josh Norman set the market for aging corners this week.   2y 12M - 5.5M GTD + incentives.

Jalen Mills CB - I have always liked Mills.  He plays with an edge and is able to play inside  or outside.  He had a foot injury derail half his 2018 and part of 2019, but he seems to have healed up.  It’s difficult to gauge what his market might be, but he will probably welcome a prove it deal to rehab his value on the market.  Will be 26 in April, so youth is still on his side.  
1y 3-5M  - 500K to 1M GTD

BJ Finney OL - This is another obvious one.  A Munchak guy who could fill in or start if needed.  A nice depth piece and only if McGovern is elsewhere.
2y 6M - 2.5M GTD

Edited by Winder23
  • Like 2

A couple of Vikings just entered the free agent market that could have some significance, DT Linvale Joseph and  CB Xavier Rhodes. We may want to take a look at both but either way they add to the pool of talent at positions we need. 

Also, DT Brandon Mebane cut but he's on the wrong side of 35 to be considered here

Edited by Cutler06

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

A couple of Vikings just entered the free agent market that could have some significance, DT Linvale Joseph and  CB Xavier Rhodes. We may want to take a look at both but either way they add to the pool of talent at positions we need. 

Also, DT Brandon Mebane cut but he's on the wrong side of 35 to be considered here

Joseph, maybe.   Rhodes, no way.   He's clearly declining.   A big no thanks on him.

Edited by Broncofan