1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• #2 LSU
    • #3 Alabama

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So:

#1 LSU

#2 Ohio State

#3 Clemson

This is like not even debatable as the Top 3 imo, and in order. 

However, #4 is wide open now. I’d say if Alabama wins every game here on out and dominates, they could get #4 and a rematch with LSU. Also Oregon, Penn State, and Georgia are in the mix. I don’t think Oklahoma gets in this year and Utah is almost certainly a no. 

I dunno, I still think there is a case to be made for Ohio State to be #1 over LSU by the final rankings, but I can definitely understand why they would have it in this order for next week.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Maybe?  If Bama has one loss to LSU and OK has one loss to Kansas St...Bama looks better.  

Likely. I think with voters, it will be lasting impression. If both have 1 loss and Oklahoma's is a shootout 1 score loss on the road to a ranked Kansas vs if this game ends in this fashion as a blowout at home, i think bama attrition and more recent impressions can favor Oklahoma to have leverage. Especially if Kansas keeps doing well.

Short of a Bama comeback win today I cant see them getting in. Like this first half is going to loom LARGE. It has always been about either Bama winning or losing in a close competitive game with Tua. Like the only thing Bama can say is Tua wasnt 100% but the way Bama is losing with Tua who must be healthy enough to take the field is unforgivable. 

Just now, Raves said:

I dunno, I still think there is a case to be made for Ohio State to be #1 over LSU by the final rankings, but I can definitely understand why they would have it in this order for next week.

I disagree, I could see Ohio State at #1 this week still but the playoff committee could put LSU #1 in the Playoff Final Ranks. 

Although another thing to consider, NCAA does not like rematches in the first round from the regular season. So if Alabama gets #4, it could be Ohio State #1, LSU #2, Clemson #3, and Alabama #4.