This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Wife has it on DVR.  I can't make myself watch that.

Deadpool 2 now.  Saw it once, time for the second go-around.

Dr. Pimple popper is disgusting.  But I find that if it is retweeted or put in front of me, I have to watch.  But I wouldn't ever seek it out.

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Dr. Pimple popper is disgusting.  But I find that if it is retweeted or put in front of me, I have to watch.  But I wouldn't ever seek it out.

It has that 'train wreck' magic to it, you just can't look away. 

21 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It’s kinda insane, if you really think about.  70 degree swing - just nuts!  Enjoy your heat wave brother!

Pretty sure I mentioned it last year when it happened but here in Denver we went from a high of 70° one day to a low of 10° the next morning. It was crazy. 

23 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Pretty sure I mentioned it last year when it happened but here in Denver we went from a high of 70° one day to a low of 10° the next morning. It was crazy. 

Yeah I live in Fort Collins and can attest to the severe temperature swings here on the front range. 40-50, hell even the 60 degree swing you mentioned don't seem all that rare here, imo. I wouldn't say it happens all the time but it definitely isn't rare.

It has been a week of disappointing movies for me so far.

I watched Velvet Buzzsaw Monday night, and The Girl in the Spider's Web tonight. 

Buzzsaw might be worth watching just to see Jake Gyllenhaal, who I think is one of the best actors going right now.  But that doesn't really save the movie in my opinion, there just is no payoff to any of the events.  It doesn't go all the way as a satire of the art world, or as a horror movie, which kind of left me feeling cheated.  

TGitSW was a passable sequel as a book, but the weakest.  And this movie was not as good as the Sweedish or American versions of the Millennium series.  It is really too bad that The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo didn't make more money, that was an excellent film with a very good cast, the sequels could have been very, very good.  It is less of a mystery with an interesting story and more of an action movie with a couple of characters whose name you recognize, but were re-cast.

I also watched the third part of the Godzilla anime trilogy on Friday.  I am a big fan of Godzilla.  I don't think I would recommend this series to anyone.  It is just boring.  

Recently watched through "Friends from College." Some LOL stuff throughout that, especially if you're into cringey self aware situations.

12 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You want a fun movie to watch sometime?  Mr. Right.  Stars Anna Kendrick and Sam Rockwell.  Very entertaining.  Rockwell's character is very, very good.

Rockwell is lowkey great. 

I've been going through the AAF team rosters and there's quite a few ex packers. The ones I could find were:

Atlanta Legends - Montay Crockett, Donatello Brown

Birmingham Iron - Beniquez Brown, Scott Tolzien

Memphis Express - Rajion Neal

Orlando Apollos - Jordan McCray,  Andrew Tiller, LaDarius Gunter, Charles Johnson

Arizona Hotshots - Jhurrell Pressley, Carl Bradford

Salt Lake Stallions - Austin Davis, Adonis Jennings, Chris Odom, Greer Martini, 

San Antonio Commanders - Jayrone Elliott, Joey Mbu, Marquise Williams

San Diego Fleet - 

I still haven't made my mind up who to root for. Arizona has the most Packers-like uniform, Salt Lake is closest to us geographically and has the most ex-packers.

Just going by uniform I can safely rule out Atlanta, Memphis, Orlando. I'm not a fan of Salt Lake uniform either but i'm keeping an open mind about them.

I've a big bias towards stadiums that has grass or at least have a hybrid like we do. I hate astroturf and field turf. That's put San Diego, Arizona, Orlando in strong position for me. Visually I think Salt Lake has the best looking stadium especially with the surrounding mountains. However from what I understand the locations are temporary and that home stadiums may change from season to season.