This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9644272

My best buddies wife looks just like Dee and she's always talking **** and every time I'm like whatever bird. He tries so hard not to laugh. It's great. 

Also great viggio morganstein costume

Edited by Norm

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It was supposed to be an all-encompassing history thread with discussion on any topic.  I'm currently hooked on the American Revolution and I have about my next dozen books planned that will take me up to the Civil War.  I'm trying to hit every major historical figure and time leading up to about George W. Bush in American history, then I'll probably start on world history. 

You can’t really learn about history by just reading about major figures. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_man_theory

I recommend John Ashworth’s ‘Slavery, Capitalism, and Politics in the Antebellum Republic’ vol 1 and 2 for your Antebellum history. James McPherson and Eric Foner for your Civil War and reconstruction history.

Edited by sgtcheezwiz

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Speaking of, have we had the conversation about the last episode of the last season? 

Am I being dramatic when I say the most shocking episode ever of any show?

I can say that is a bit far, and I don't even watch the show to know what you are talking about.  If you hadn't read the books, Game of Thrones season 3 episode 9 is a real tough one.  

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

That's why I said every major historical figure and time.  Less than a quarter of the books I have planned are biographies. 

What are the major historical times?  Either way commendable effort and great start. Just saying the major events had long periods of time consisting of smaller events that led to that major event. 

13 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

In other bird news of the day...

Killer Cassowary Disembowels Helpless Owner

Mods, I can leave this story here unless we need to have a separate mashed potatoes thread:

Random Bowls of Mashed Potatoes Terrifying Residents of Small Town

As a professional cook this statement has gotten me probably more flack in kitchens than anything else but.....

I like instant mashed potatoes more than the real thing. Sorry, not sorry.