49ersfan

4 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

1. Saints
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Cowboys
5. 49ers
6. Vikings

Switch Seahawks and Packers and this is how I see it as well. 

As for Playoff Predictions:

5. 49ers over 4. Cowboys

3. Seahawks over 6. Vikings

1. Saints over 5. 49ers

2. Packers over 3. Seahawks

1. Saints over 2. Packers

If the Packers beat the 49ers this weekend I don't see how they don't end up the #1 seed, even with a potential loss at the Vikings. The Bears and Lions are done, whilst the Giants and Redskins are an utter joke.

I think the Saints and 49ers drop 2 games each between now and the end of the year. The 49ers schedule particularly is horrific as the Falcons are no longer a joke. Whilst the Titans are exactly the sort of team I see the Saints losing too after the Titans frustrate their fans by doing something stupid the week before.

Week 12 update 

1. 49ers (10-1)

2. Saints (9-2)

3. Packers (8-3)

4. Cowboys (6-5)

5. Seahawks (9-2)

6. Vikings (8-3)

In the hunt: Rams (6-5), Eagles (5-6) 

Eagles in the hunt for the NFCE, their schedule eases up and they might have a shot at the division

Rams have a huge game against the Ravens on MNF, must win for them. They're 4 games back in the division with 5 left to play, thats out of the question, their only hope is to steal the last WC spot from whoever doesn't win the NFCN (GB/MIN). If the Rams lose tomorrow night, i think they're done, especially with games against SEA/SF/DAL upcoming. 

Panthers, Bears at 5-6 are probably out of it in the WC spot. 4-7 or worse isn't going to cut it this year

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Week 12 update 

1. 49ers (10-1)

2. Saints (9-2)

3. Packers (8-3)

4. Cowboys (6-5)

5. Seahawks (9-2)

6. Vikings (8-3)

Eagles in the hunt for the NFCE, their schedule eases up and they might have a shot at the division

Rams have a huge game against the Ravens on MNF, must win for them. They're 4 games back in the division with 5 left to play, thats out of the question, their only hope is to steal the last WC spot from whoever doesn't win the NFCN (GB/MIN). If the Rams lose tomorrow night, i think they're done, especially with games against SEA/SF/DAL upcoming. 

Panthers, Bears at 5-6 are probably out of it in the WC spot. 4-7 or worse isn't going to cut it this year

Trying to give us the L tonight before the game is played? Messed up.

If we win tonight we're 1 game back of the WC and 3 back of the division.

5 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Your not winning the division

I didn't say that we were going to. I just said if we win tonight we'll be three games back. And honestly I don't see us winning tonight. But just for fun, let's say we do:

Rams @Cardinals and Seahawks - win and win

Seahawks Vikings, @Rams - loss and loss

Niners @Ravens, @Saints - loss and loss

Things haven't gone the Rams way this year, so I don't actually see this happening - but IF we were able to beat the Ravens tonight, the above scenario is not at all out of the question. In fact, the Niners will be underdogs in both games, Seahawks Vikings will be a 3 point spread, and Rams will be favored in both. If the above transpired, the records would be:

Niners - 10-3 - this is very likely to be the case. The Niners are really, really good - but I can't see any team winning at Baltimore right now, and then at New Orleans is always a tough place to play.

Seahawks - 9-4 - with the Rams and Seahawks playing, all that needs to happen here outside of the Rams control is the Vikings winning in Seattle - I give them about a 50/50 shot to do that.

Rams - 9-4 - the hardest part to get to this point will be winning tonight - but if that happens, things will get a lot more interesting down the stretch..

12 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Week 12 update 

1. 49ers (10-1)

2. Saints (9-2)

3. Packers (8-3)

4. Cowboys (6-5)

5. Seahawks (9-2)

6. Vikings (8-3)

49ers @ Saints is probably going to be for the one seed

• The Rams need the Vikings to go 3-2 (Losses to Seattle and GreenBay) to finish 11-5. Very possible (could also get caught off guard by Chargers).
  • The Rams need to win out and go 12-4 OR if they lose tonight they aren't entirely out of it because the AFC losses won't ding them in the conference record, so 11-5. 
  • In this scenario, VIkings would be 8-4 in Conference.
  • Rams would be 9-3 in Conference (if winning out vs rest of opponents besides Baltimore). Theoretically the Rams can lose tonight, but have to win out and could be the 6th seed.

I see the Vikings choking before I see the Seahawks, but if Seahawks go 2-3 the rest of the way (Losses to Minn, Panthers, 49ers) they will finished 11-5 as well. Cards game is no cake walk either.

Pretty much the 6th seed will be, at minimum, 11-5 regardless who it is. And the NFC East unfortunately has to exist so a 10 win team will be watching at home while the Cowboys or Eagles get smoked WC weekend. This is just the world we live in. 

17 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:
  • The Rams need the Vikings to go 3-2 (Losses to Seattle and GreenBay) to finish 11-5. Very possible (could also get caught off guard by Chargers).
  • The Rams need to win out and go 12-4 OR if they lose tonight they aren't entirely out of it because the AFC losses won't ding them in the conference record, so 11-5. 
  • In this scenario, VIkings would be 8-4 in Conference.
  • Rams would be 9-3 in Conference (if winning out vs rest of opponents besides Baltimore). Theoretically the Rams can lose tonight, but have to win out and could be the 6th seed.

I see the Vikings choking before I see the Seahawks, but if Seahawks go 2-3 the rest of the way (Losses to Minn, Panthers, 49ers) they will finished 11-5 as well. Cards game is no cake walk either.

Pretty much the 6th seed will be, at minimum, 11-5 regardless who it is. And the NFC East unfortunately has to exist so a 10 win team will be watching at home while the Cowboys or Eagles get smoked WC weekend. This is just the world we live in. 

Vikings play @Seattle, @Chargers and home for Packers - if they lose those three, we could finish 10-6 and get into the playoffs by virtue of strength of victory tiebreaker over the Vikings (I think). Under that scenario our losses would have to be to the Ravens and then one other NFC team.

Along the same lines, we would have the conference record tiebreaker over the Packers if we both finished 10-6 - if we only lose one more NFC game. Their schedule is a lot weaker than the Vikings though.

10-6 is much more closer to the reality of this Rams team - we will be underdogs in 3 games and favored in 3 out of our remaining 6 - I think it's more realistic to figure only winning one of those three. But one game at a time.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Trying to give us the L tonight before the game is played? Messed up.

If we win tonight we're 1 game back of the WC and 3 back of the division.

My mistake, got mixed up there! 

You're right there with the WC spot with a win, behind whoever loses the NFCN with GB/MIN. 

I was looking at Rams schedule and it looks pretty tough. Vikings probably have easier schedule in comparison to Rams. Vikings will be favorite in 4 out of 5 remaining games (except Seattle) and most importantly only 1 of the remaining 5 games is like a proper away game for Vikings. That will be Seattle next week. Other than that, Vikings have 3 home games vs all 3 divisional opponents and then an away game vs Chargers (is this even an away game?). If Stafford is out, then Lions should be a comfortable win. I am actually pretty worried about the Wk17 game vs Bears. Hicks will be back for Bears by then and that DL will totally dominate Vikings OL yet again.

The narrative now that the Rams loss will be the playoffs are set. The Rams playoffs hopes are gone. Not so fast. Take a look at the wildcard picture entering Week 12 last season:

5 Panthers (6-4)

6 Vikings (5-4-1)

7 Seahawks (5-5)

8 Cowboys (5-5)

9 Packers (4-5-1)

10 Falcons (4-6)

11 Lions (4-6)

12 Eagles (4-6)

You can see the two teams that were in the playoffs at that time was the Panthers and Vikings. The two teams that ended up in the playoffs was the Seahawks and Eagles. The Seahawks were (5-5) losing two straight games to the Chargers and Rams. They then went on to win 6 of their last 7 games to finish (10-6) and grabbing the 5th seed. That includes them beating the Chiefs which Im sure nobody thought they would win. They also beat the Vikings which Im sure not many picked them to win that game. The Eagles chances were impossible. Not only were they (4-6) losing two straight as well, but they got blown out to the Saints 48-7 (everyone buried the Eagles after that game and rightfully so just due to not only the performance in that game but their playoff odds). Then they had 3 teams (Panthers, Vikings, and Cowboys) that all head tiebreakers over the Eagles. So it would take a miracle for them to somehow get it. They won 5 out of their last 6 games to finish (9-7) and grabbed the 6th seed. The includes them beating the Rams which nobody picked them to do and they also beat the Texans which nobody thought they would do. Plus it took the Redskins to collapse, the Panthers to collapse, and the Vikings just choked down the stretch. It came down to Week 17 if the Vikings beat the Bears they are in. The Eagles needed the Vikings to lose and they needed to beat the Redskins and they would get in. Thats exactly what happened.

So all Im saying is if last year and really pretty much every year shows us, its not over after Week 11. Nothing is really set in stone. I believe its still going to come down to the very end to see who gets those two wildcard spots. Im not counting out the Eagles to win the NFC East, so that means Rams/Cowboys game Week 15 will be that much more important not just for Dallas trying to hold on to the division but also position themselves for a wildcard spot just in case they dont win the division. The Vikings have the Seahawks in Week 12 so the winner will be a even better position for one of those wildcard spots. Ill be rooting for the Seahawks because I think the Rams bounce back and win Week 12 at Arizona so if the Vikings lose and Rams win Week 12 the Rams will only be 1 game back of the Vikings for the 6th seed with 4 games to go. The Vikings still have to play the Chargers which we know they have the talent to win any game. The Vikings still have to play the Packers which I believe the Packers will win. The Vikings finish up with the Bears in which we know the Vikings lost to them earlier in the season so who knows what will happen in this game ESPECIALLY if its another scenario that if the Vikings win then their in the playoffs but if they lose and the Rams beat the Cards at home they are in. So yeah I think there are still alot left to be decided in the NFC in terms of the playoffs and Im still sticking to what I believe in that the Rams still have a very good chance of getting into the playoffs. I still really like their chances. 

Edited by stl4life07