NFC Playoff Race - who's making it in?

49ersfan

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Because this is the Chargers forte. They played good enough to have a much better record, but had some key bad moments that have earned them their record. But this is what the Chargers generally do when in this position. Nothing to really play for, they finish like world beaters and always earn the "team you dont want to play" title. Obviously, the way this season has gone, nothing is guaranteed or consistent. So we will see.

I mean realistically  The chargers has put themselves far enough behind the eat ball that he probably doesn't matter what they do they're not going to make the playoffs and right now they are plane with a quarterback that very well could retire at the end of the season but even if he doesn't there is a real chance hes duck lane for LA next season.

I could definitely see the charges pulling off an upset over The Vikings I just don't expect them to. I do expect them to beat the Oakland Raiders but I also expect them to be used to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Just now, Habbsawce said:

Chargers play Minnesota, Oakland and Kansas City to close out. Zero chance they win out.

They DOMINATED Oak and KC already. So, if they dont have 7 ints again, i dont see any reason they dont win those.

Chargers historically struggle with Minnesota. But if CHARGERS arent turning over the ball 4 times a game, no team they cant beat. If you think otherwise, you havent watched them this year. They are 4-8, but context matters. 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean realistically  The chargers has put themselves far enough behind the eat ball that he probably doesn't matter what they do they're not going to make the playoffs and right now they are plane with a quarterback that very well could retire at the end of the season but even if he doesn't there is a real chance hes duck lane for LA next season.

I could definitely see the charges pulling off an upset over The Vikings I just don't expect them to. I do expect them to beat the Oakland Raiders but I also expect them to be used to the Kansas City Chiefs.

We will see. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they go 0-4 or 4-0. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

They DOMINATED Oak and KC already. So, if they dont have 7 ints again, i dont see any reason they dont win those.

Chargers historically struggle with Minnesota. But if CHARGERS arent turning over the ball 4 times a game, no team they cant beat. If you think otherwise, you havent watched them this year. They are 4-8, but context matters. 

The problem is, Rivers is really struggling right now. So it’s likely that there will be turnovers. That is assuming MN’s DBs will capitalize and that hasn’t been the case this year.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

I don't know dude. They kind of suck. I get that they're always everyone's pre-season choice with all the talent but they just manage to find ways to **** it up. I just cannot fathom them winning 4 games in a row.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The problem is, Rivers is really struggling right now. So it’s likely that there will be turnovers. That is assuming MN’s DBs will capitalize and that hasn’t been the case this year.

We are 6-6 all time against the Chargers. 2-1 vs Rivers.

1 hour ago, Habbsawce said:

I don't know dude. They kind of suck. I get that they're always everyone's pre-season choice with all the talent but they just manage to find ways to **** it up. I just cannot fathom them winning 4 games in a row.

I mean they do and they dont. If you believe the addage of you are what your record says you are, then sure. But if you believe in more context, they really dont. Teams that suck, dont have a legit chance to win or tie everyone of their losses on their last possession. Last time a team lost 8 games by 1 score was couple decades ago i believe, i think 1995 Pats. I heard it on a game broadcast, but tried looking it up on football reference but couldnt.

2019 Chargers are just great at losing. They are losing most of these games that they should of won, based off the overall play of both teams.

This is the story of the Chargers in general.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/4/20995317/chargers-losses-one-score-game-missed-kicks-pass-interference

On 05/12/2019 at 7:58 PM, BayRaider said:

Some unpopular opinions I’m sure, but I’m looking at all the schedules... I see the Rams winning out and the Niners finishing 1-3. I just don’t see the Rams getting swept by either the Seahawks or 49ers. 49ers, maybe, but I definitely think the Rams beat the Seahawks this week. 

I don’t think the Niners miss the playoffs, I think they are great, but if the Niners go 1-3 and Rams go 4-0, the Rams and Vikings get in and the Niners miss the playoffs entirely at 11-5. The NFC is brutal. 

The RAms going 4-0 and the Niners 1-3. There's no chance. 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:00 AM, showtime said:

I agree that the Vikings definitely should beat the Lions.  The Bears game is kind of iffy to me.  The Bears are 6-6 right now and are still fighting for a playoff spot themselves + a divisional game.  That one could be rough for both teams.

A few weeks ago I was feeling pretty good about our chances against the Bears in Week 17.  Since Thanksgiving, however, I have to say that Trubisky has been playing pretty well.  He is still a limited quarterback, but it looks like right now he can do enough to do some damage to an opponent. 

In addition, and even more importantly, it sounds like the Bears will once again have the services of Akiem Hicks in Week 17.  Not many people are talking about him since Mack is so great, but paired with Mack, Hicks is a real load to deal with for our weak interior offensive line.  As I stated earlier in this thread, I'm really hoping the Bears will be out of the playoff race before we have to play them again.  Even if they are, they will be pesky, but if they are motivated, they become very concerning, even playing them in our house at US Bank Stadium.