TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

Just now, DannyB said:

Plus Shawne's body was barely being held together with steroids, bubble gum, and masking tape.

Actually this was back when he'd been popped for roids, but this was actually the injury that started his body breaking down.  He was in really solid physical shape prior to this.

Just now, The LBC said:

Actually this was back when he'd been popped for roids, but this was actually the injury that started his body breaking down.  He was in really solid physical shape prior to this.

Yes. You know, due to the 'roids. Walking time bomb.

20 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He had him waist-wrapped from behind and, to me at least, I believe the play was being blown dead there and Garrett still decided to wrestle him to the ground and then spent some extra time on top of Rudolph.

Rudolph, very likely, said something and ran off at the mouth while Garrett was on top of him (I won't speculate, but I can think of at least one thing that would likely set someone like Garrett off like a powder keg - I'm sure other people can imagine what that is and we don't need to discuss it here).  Garrett flat out assaulted Rudolph in what ensued and he's lucky to not have police outside the locker room waiting for him with handcuffs for assault with a deadly weapon charges, regardless of whether Rudolph was gravely injured or not.  Excessive emotion is no defense where the law is concerned.  It's definitely possible that Mason was "asking for it," but there's no justification that he was asking to be justifiably assaulted with a weapon.  This is akin to a guy trying to pick a fight he shouldn't and the guy he's picking a fight with pulling out a knife and stabbing him or picking up a brick and smashing him upside the head.

Is it even legally feasible to press charges for something that happens on a football field? Beyond things like shooting someone or other literal things like that

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Is it even legally feasible to press charges for something that happens on a football field? Beyond things like shooting someone or other literal things like that

Absolutely. It's happened a few times I believe in the NHL. Most recently I think the Marty McSorley hit in 2000

25 minutes ago, Onizuka said:

Perfectly stated. No one is defending Garrett but everyone else needs to stop acting like Rudolph was all innocent in this. I get being upset but trying to take out on another person and expecting that person to just be fine with it is idiotic. 

Garrett is most likely done for the season, Rudolph needs to be fined and Pouncy should also definitely get suspended a game or two as well

I mean.... Garrett provoked Rudolph in the first place. This is wild. It's a fight in sports. You can push and shove and say stupid things and people get involved. I can't believe people are acting like this is some street beef. Garrett tried to beat him with a weapon. Ya'll WILD with these takes, really

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Absolutely. It's happened a few times I believe in the NHL. Most recently I think the Marty McSorley hit in 2000

I think I remember that, not a hockey fan.

Wasn’t that guy skating away and took a blindside stick to the dome?

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:
So, what about Larry Ogunjobi tackling Rudolph who was just standing there with his hands up after Garrett hit him with the helmet? Did Mason not have enough by then?

Nope Rudolph had it coming since he provoked Garrett 

According to some of the posters here of course...

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Jumping a guy from behind is more cowardly.

Than using a weapon against an unarmed guy? Yeah, guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm not defending Gronk because what he did was absolutely ****ty but there's no way a dirty late hit will be more cowardly, regardless of the outcome, than swinging a helmet at a guy's head in my mind.

Edited by Troy Brown

8 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Feasible.  Possibly.  My bet is the league takes the cop-out route and leaves it to Rudolph to press charges "if he wants" but lefthandedly suggests it's the league preference that they just be able to move past this as quickly as possible and let the Disciplinary Committee address things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:
So, what about Larry Ogunjobi tackling Rudolph who was just standing there with his hands up after Garrett hit him with the helmet? Did Mason not have enough by then?

This was actually the first thing I'd seen and thought was the worst of it. This guy should be suspended as well, imo. Dude has no helmet and you go after him from behind.