Offseason Work to do

mwalker

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

So much smoke about Jameis coming to the Steelers. I would love it but just don’t see it happening at all

Not gonna happen and wouldnt want to unless its dirt cheap, which it wont be.

I can see a scenario were winston sees no good options for 2020 to start, so he starts looking ahead. steelers could work if he's willing to sign a deal with a very low cap hit this yr and he could look at taking the starting role in 2021 or 22. I think a team like the bills should give him a 1 yr deal. I don't like allen. I think winston would take that job during the season

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Pouncey restructured too...thru seem to be after somebody.

if they max restructured him, they’re at roughly $10 mill in cap room.

I was literally coming in here to give a piece of my mind if we didn’t restructure him. Hopefully, he comes back to form because he robbed the steelers last year. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I think that they expect Bush to take over the primary role at ILB in the Nickel and Dime. I think they will expect Vince to play in the base or when they have two ILB's. If they need help or rotation: U. Grant. We had this discussion before and I know your thoughts on this position.  I am more optimistic about the state of ILB.

I still don't think the plan is for VW to be on the field much.  Bush out-snapped Baron by a decent amount and Baron out-snapped VW by a huge margin.  I gotta believe they want Bush and a hybrid ILB on the field the vast majority of the time. They had a meeting and dinner with T. Muse who fits that mold.  It wouldn't surprise me if they "reach" and take him at #102 or with one of the 4ths.  I think you might be underestimating Chinn's draft stock.  If he isn't taken @ #49 I don't think he's there at #102.  Same with Dugger.  I'm not saying I agree with it.  I just think that's their thinking and that's what it's gonna take to get there. 

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I still don't think the plan is for VW to be on the field much.  Bush out-snapped Baron by a decent amount and Baron out-snapped VW by a huge margin.

I agree. "I think" that Grant takes some of Baron's snaps and Bush plays more.  VW will get some snaps and will hopefully get to blitz (which he does well). 

I gotta believe they want Bush and a hybrid ILB on the field the vast majority of the time.

I agree. I think Vince provides a nice option for teams that want to stack the line with two or three TE's and run the ball at us. That is not most of the league, but some of our opponents do that. 

They had a meeting and dinner with T. Muse who fits that mold.  It wouldn't surprise me if they "reach" and take him at #102 or with one of the 4ths. 

I wouldn't be surprised by that either.  I, too, also think that they are in play for a Hybrid ILB/safety in that pick range as well.

I think you might be underestimating Chinn's draft stock.  If he isn't taken @ #49 I don't think he's there at #102.  Same with Dugger.  I'm not saying I agree with it.  I just think that's their thinking and that's what it's gonna take to get there. 

The draft is so quirky. I don't buy into the hype as much as I used too anymore.  I do realize that players rise and fall, but typically not that far off from where they were originally picked.  Both of these players are in the top 100 or so. You never know how need or when teams may make a run.  They are both in the 3rd or 4th round range in my opinion.  Someone may take them sooner based on athleticism, potential, etc.   We did that with Edmonds.  It comes down to who the Steelers really like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

You'd love it? Why? He is a terrible QB

He isnt terrible.  He would give us a much better chance than any current backup we have.

Problem 1 is, he may not be a starting caliber QB.  Would be a decent stop gap after Ben, though.

Problem 2, however, is that Winston has a massive ego, even moreso than Ben.  He isnt going to come here for cheap for 2 or 3 years to sit behind Ben. 

He will likely sign with a team where he has a chance to start this year.  Im thinking he ends up taking a 1 year deal with a team like Miami or Washington.

• Like 1

Just in case anyone didnt see and was interested -- NFL gamepass is free right now through May I think. 

Ive been cruising through games and my first biggest thought: I do not understand the Pouncey hate. At all. This isnt me ringing the All Pro bell, but this "cut em" stuff needs to stop.....

Foster though.....It was the right move to retire. Woof. 

Also, Randy Fichtner stinks in case no one was aware.