The "If Gamestop was open I'd buy Madden right now" Post-Game Commiseration Extravaganza with lots of cursing at Aaron Idiot Rodgers who Screwed us from the very beginning and kept on screwing us because he can't ever throw an interception God forbid he

MacReady

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1PjVlOM.png

Lewis wide the hell open for a first down? Hell no, I've got a covered Davante Adams that I can overthrow by 5 yards!

Qkx1f8d.png

It's my #1 receiver wide open over the middle for a first down? Can't stand and deliver, goes into the fetal position and takes the sack. Quick release my ***.

NQqAOxV.png

More Lewis wide the hell open over the middle? Another bad deep ball to Davante Adams!!!

NnVIy1Y.png

A first down? By throwing over the middle? Don't you know that Geronimo Allison dropped a ball over the middle that was almost intercepted??? We're never doing that again.

3nim3o4.png

Lazard absolutely humiliated Sherman off the line here. This ended up in a checkdown for a gain of 3.

lltTC2K.png

Lazard running away from a Linebacker? Better take a couple of jog steps to make 10,000% sure he's clear enough that I can throw this ball without risk of a pick. What? He's too close to the sideline now? Damn, oh well, at least it's not a pick.

PrHKAUt.png

Time to show off the rocket arm and throw a late breaking route to the outside for a first down? Nope, time to checkdown.

o1nB4Zb.png

It was 4th and 8. The 20 yard line was the first down. If you think Rodgers stared at Davante right up until he felt pressure and then surrendered on the play, you bet your *** he did. 

Lewis is open a lot over middle, based on him being basically being TE in the middle.  It boggles the mind how many times I've seen Rodgers just ignore him the last 2 years.

2 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Lewis is open a lot over middle, based on him being basically being TE in the middle.  It boggles the mind how many times I've seen Rodgers just ignore him the last 2 years.

It's actually worse with Graham. I'd kill for an off the record conversation about how he feels about playing with Rodgers.

After looking at this thing again, King had the best day of all of our CBs. 

Tramon gave up the TD on the long slant to end the first half (shoutout to Sullivan for taking literally the worst angle I have ever seen a safety take in pursuit). 

Jaire gave up the long TD to Kittle on the first drive of the second half as he freelanced. 

With the exception of those two plays, the defense didn't have a bad night. They kept this thing to a bunch of FGs and the last minute garbage time TD.

Marrtinez only killed us in coverage once. He's not why we lost this. 

They took advantage of every single lousy soft inside release that we gave up. Absolutely killed us. 

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1PjVlOM.png

Lewis wide the hell open for a first down? Hell no, I've got a covered Davante Adams that I can overthrow by 5 yards!

Qkx1f8d.png

It's my #1 receiver wide open over the middle for a first down? Can't stand and deliver, goes into the fetal position and takes the sack. Quick release my ***.

NQqAOxV.png

More Lewis wide the hell open over the middle? Another bad deep ball to Davante Adams!!!

NnVIy1Y.png

A first down? By throwing over the middle? Don't you know that Geronimo Allison dropped a ball over the middle that was almost intercepted??? We're never doing that again.

3nim3o4.png

Lazard absolutely humiliated Sherman off the line here. This ended up in a checkdown for a gain of 3.

lltTC2K.png

Lazard running away from a Linebacker? Better take a couple of jog steps to make 10,000% sure he's clear enough that I can throw this ball without risk of a pick. What? He's too close to the sideline now? Damn, oh well, at least it's not a pick.

PrHKAUt.png

Time to show off the rocket arm and throw a late breaking route to the outside for a first down? Nope, time to checkdown.

o1nB4Zb.png

It was 4th and 8. The 20 yard line was the first down. If you think Rodgers stared at Davante right up until he felt pressure and then surrendered on the play, you bet your *** he did. 

RiP Outpost :(  poor guy's gonna pop a blood vessel when he sees this.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Would love to be a fly on the wall during the QB meetings. Rodgers is way too smart to not see he is missing so many open guys. It just doesn't make sense why this isn't being corrected.

Been a Rodgers apologist for a long time ... can't do it anymore.  Just can't understand why he's not seeing the field better and hitting open receivers.  He is smart, he has an ego and if he wants to keep his legacy there has to be a change on his part.  Come on man ... get with the program!  Do it and Packers win out the regular season. 

31 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Been a Rodgers apologist for a long time ... can't do it anymore.  Just can't understand why he's not seeing the field better and hitting open receivers.  He is smart, he has an ego and if he wants to keep his legacy there has to be a change on his part.  Come on man ... get with the program!  Do it and Packers win out the regular season. 

Easy answer. #1, always looking for the big play instead of taking what's open short. #2, this thing with "trust" if he doesn't trust you he won't throw to you even if you're open. #3, his obsession with Davante. Rodgers will hold and Pat the ball for 10 seconds waiting for Adams to get open. That's why it would've been a bad idea to bring Jordy back. Rodgers would only look at two receivers. I've said this before, it's not a coincidence this offense got worse with Adam's back.

I want every single person to give me an apology for defending McCarthy because guess what!  The same **** is happening. 

When we took too many timeouts early in games, they blamed McCarthy for not getting the play in soon enough.  Now you've got LaFleur, who has a principle of getting the play in early so he can talk to his QB at the line, and we're still doing it.  Still getting delay of game penalties.  No tempo whatsoever on offense because Rodgers takes so damn long. 

Everybody blamed McCarthy.  Nobody is open, the play calling is stale, he never attacks the middle.  Guess what!  Players ARE open.  Rodgers never attacks the middle. 

Defense still sucks. 
Special teams still sucks. 
4th down playcalling still sucks.

I'm not trying to rail on LaFleur here, just point out that our issues, especially on offense, WERE with Rodgers. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1PjVlOM.png

Qkx1f8d.png

NQqAOxV.png

NnVIy1Y.png

3nim3o4.png

lltTC2K.png

PrHKAUt.png

o1nB4Zb.png

I mean, I knew it was bad without seeing these cut ups, but this is even worse than expected.  Our QB is broken (has been since 2015).  

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1PjVlOM.png

Qkx1f8d.png

NQqAOxV.png

NnVIy1Y.png

3nim3o4.png

lltTC2K.png

PrHKAUt.png

o1nB4Zb.png

@Pugger, @Arthur Penske, respond to this by telling me I'm crazy and I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm wrong and there's nobody open.  I dare you.  This is all in ONE GAME. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I want every single person to give me an apology for defending McCarthy because guess what!  The same **** is happening. 

When we took too many timeouts early in games, they blamed McCarthy for not getting the play in soon enough.  Now you've got LaFleur, who has a principle of getting the play in early so he can talk to his QB at the line, and we're still doing it.  Still getting delay of game penalties.  No tempo whatsoever on offense because Rodgers takes so damn long. 

Everybody blamed McCarthy.  Nobody is open, the play calling is stale, he never attacks the middle.  Guess what!  Players ARE open.  Rodgers never attacks the middle. 

Defense still sucks. 
Special teams still sucks. 
4th down playcalling still sucks.

I'm not trying to rail on LaFleur here, just point out that our issues, especially on offense, WERE with Rodgers. 

I still don't understand how you can see the Head Coach of a team as blameless when there are issues. I am not saying Rodgers is blameless and will even go as far to say this year he seems to deserve 99% of the blame. What I wont say is that MM is blameless for watching his All Pro QB develop such awful traits and never seeming to do a thing to correct them. They were both so arrogant about their previous successes, that they could not live in the moment and see the disaster that was happening. MM's job (among many things) was to coach his QB. These bad habits should have never been allowed to go on for so long. You can see moments where LaFleur is trying to coach Rodgers and for a few weeks we seen the fruits of their labor. Rodgers was the QB we all wanted in those KC & Oak games. Now Rodgers has regressed and the momentum that LaFleur and him had is gone. If Rodgers will not adapt to the gameplan and begin using the whole field and taking chances, then he needs to be held accountable. I have to imagine he is mightily embarrassed to be taken out of the 49er game. Maybe that is what he needed to check his ego.

• Like 2

If i was Matt LaFleur right now, I'd have those embarrasing SanFran game cut-ups rolled out with no ego's spared (which is what should happen most weeks). What is different is the extra time I spend on that before going forward to the Giants..............and guess what, the SF game cutups make a surprise reappearance AFTER the Giants game (and if necessary after the Washington game as well. The aim is to make the players so sick of seeing the lack of effort and mistakes, they resolve never to be humiliated like that for the rest of the season. 

This is a dangerous tactic that might turn the team against you a bit, but awful games like this have to be absorbed, not moved on from and forgotten, as quickly as you decently can. Of course this doesn't excuse LaFleur from bad playcalls himself, but it's a fine line between a bad call and a perfectly good call that was badly executed.

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

I still don't understand how you can see the Head Coach of a team as blameless when there are issues. I am not saying Rodgers is blameless and will even go as far to say this year he seems to deserve 99% of the blame. What I wont say is that MM is blameless for watching his All Pro QB develop such awful traits and never seeming to do a thing to correct them. They were both so arrogant about their previous successes, that they could not live in the moment and see the disaster that was happening. MM's job (among many things) was to coach his QB. These bad habits should have never been allowed to go on for so long. You can see moments where LaFleur is trying to coach Rodgers and for a few weeks we seen the fruits of their labor. Rodgers was the QB we all wanted in those KC & Oak games. Now Rodgers has regressed and the momentum that LaFleur and him had is gone. If Rodgers will not adapt to the gameplan and begin using the whole field and taking chances, then he needs to be held accountable. I have to imagine he is mightily embarrassed to be taken out of the 49er game. Maybe that is what he needed to check his ego.

Oh, I frequently, very frequently, acknowledged that McCarthy had a LOT of flaws.  My whole thing was that we know what we have with McCarthy.  Things could have gotten much, much worse if we hired the wrong head coach.  Thankfully, it looks like we didn't.  LaFleur is gonna be good, and I'm happy I didn't get my way.  My whole thing was just that the issues people think are attributed to McCarthy were not.  And that's clear now. 

Rodgers should have been taken out of the game as soon as Kittle scored that touchdown.  THAT might have gotten to him.  Don't think it got to him at the point Boyle was actually put in.  Rodgers should never have had the chance to stare down Davante and take a sack on 4th and 8. 

• Like 1

My only thing with Lafleur is he needs to get Jones more involved again, It just seems we dont have many plays designed to him since Adam's came back. As much as I love William's hes gotten a unhealthy dose of plays in the passing game over Jones. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd