”Watson vs Jackson”

Late season

”Mahomes vs Jackson”

At this rate, soon it will be...

Post season

”Prime Brady vs Jackson”

Off season

”85 Bears vs Jackson, 53+Ditka on 1”

How dare you skip "Lamar vs Rosen" right before the season started. That was the most seriously debated one of these.

• Like 4

Mahomes will have the longer career so in terms of raw totals he will have that edge.  But in terms of a peak I'll take Lamar Jackson.

Lamar's playing style of ball control and running is more conducive to winning a Super Bowl than Mahomes/Andy Reid's air raid style of offense which doesn't help the defense.

5 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Still taking Mahomes.  Lamar is great, but Mahomes did throw 50 TDs.  

I'm interested to see Lamar long term.  If he'll stay healthy running so much.

Lamar is on pace for roughly 50 total TDs himself this season.  And thus far into their career Mahomes is the one who has missed games due to injury not Lamar.

I'm taking Lamar right now over ANYBODY.

10 hours ago, VanS said:

Lamar is on pace for roughly 50 total TDs himself this season.  And thus far into their career Mahomes is the one who has missed games due to injury not Lamar.

I'm taking Lamar right now over ANYBODY.

I would too.  Lamar is peaking and playing at an MVP level.  But peak is different than long term.

No one knows what will happen, but I think chances are better for Mahomes to have a longer career playing at an elite level.  

• Like 1

This one is pretty tricky for me. Lamar just continues to get better each week (Who would of thought a somewhat raw 22 year old QB would have lots of room to improve), and his recent performances have him doing things no other QB in NFL history has done. For me I think I would break it down like this, I think for the next 5 or so years Lamar is going to be the better option over Mahomes. Once Lamar starts to lose some of that insane athleticism, his effectiveness will probably take somewhat of a hit. This isn't to say Mahomes is in any way a bad choice, and I can't believe it has gotten to this point after what Mahomes pulled off last season. I knew Lamar was going to be a beast in the NFL, but I didn't expect him to improve quite this much in such a short period of time. Beyond 5 or so years Mahomes is likely going to be every bit the QB he is now, and possibly even better with age (scary thought). He's a guy that will probably carve out a 15+ year NFL career where is in the elite category every year. Lamar on the other hand may have one of the craziest QB peaks we've ever seen while he still has his athleticism, but will likely be a little bit less effective as time goes on as he approaches his late 20's/early 30's. 

I'd rather have Jackson, for sure. Jackson is taller, heavier, and faster than Mahomes, has thrown some Mahomes-type throws off-platform that just make you want to cry, and TONS of room to improve as a project. And his cannon for a right arm might be just as good as Mahomes.

Yeah, Tyree is the best.

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

I'd rather have Jackson, for sure. Jackson is taller, heavier, and faster than Mahomes, has thrown some Mahomes-type throws off-platform that just make you want to cry, and TONS of room to improve as a project. And his cannon for a right arm might be just as good as Mahomes.

Yeah, Tyree is the best.

I have yet to see anything from Jackson as passer that would make me think his arm talent is anywhere near Mahomes.  Most of Jackson's passes are simple slants or over the middle throws opened up by defenses not figuring out how to stop a rushing attack running for over 300 yards a game. When I watch Jackson, its ability to run that stands out, not him as a passer which is basic besides a few side arm 2 yard dumps to a massive TE. 

• Like 3

You can pick Lamar just for right now or this season but if you would pick Lamar long term, good thing you're not a GM.

I'd like to remind you also that Rams fans and other fans were debating Goff as being better than Mahomes a bit earlier I believe last season. That didn't exactly turn out well this season.

Not saying Lamar cannot stay great but Mahomes is a safe pick to be an elite QB for years. Lamar is a lot of unknown and very likely anything between a little and a lot worse than Mahomes long term.

I'll myself always favor a throwing QB to a running QB. Running QBs carry a lot more injury risks to start.

• Like 2