Cam, Mariota, Rosen, Bridgewater, Dalton, Keenum, Jameis, Keenum

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

One of these names is not like the others... Jameis!? The same guy who is #2 in passing yards and #3 in pass TDs? Another classic case of Jameis Winston derangement syndrome going on here. 

When this season is done, Jameis will be the youngest player to reach 18,500 passing yards. The 2nd youngest player to hit 115 passing TDs. His passer rating at 25? Higher than Peyton Manning's was. Those are the facts.

It'll be telling if Arians decides to keep Jameis for another year or move on.  

I'm going to say the only one on that list that doesn't deserve another shot is Keenum. He's had enough opportunities.

Cam - Was once great. Deserves one more shot after he gets healthy.

Mariota - Up and down career. He's still young.

Rosen - In his first two seasons, he was put in the absolute worst situations. I don't think he'll be good, but deserves another shot.

Bridgewater - Balled out this year when called upon.

Dalton - Up and down career. Let him try in an organization that isn't completely dysfunctional.

Jameis - Up and down career. He's still young.

Cam: Will be starting in 2020 

Mariota: Could see a Tannehil situation ironically. Go be a back-up on a team with a questionable starter in place. CHI/Jax?

Rosen: I honestly have no idea

Bridgewater: Should be a starter in 2020. Either with the Saints if Brees retires or elsewhere.

Dalton: Could be a stop gap veteran in CAR/DEN or backup in Buffalo

Keenum: Backup somewhere.

Jameis: Should be the Bucs starter. Defense is their problem.

On 11/27/2019 at 3:10 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

One of these names is not like the others... Jameis!? The same guy who is #2 in passing yards and #3 in pass TDs? Another classic case of Jameis Winston derangement syndrome going on here. 

When this season is done, Jameis will be the youngest player to reach 18,500 passing yards. The 2nd youngest player to hit 115 passing TDs. His passer rating at 25? Higher than Peyton Manning's was. Those are the facts.

I mean, Manning played in the late 90s/early 00s.  Passer ratings were generally lower then, so it isn't a fair comparison.  Besides that, Manning's passer rating is higher if you set aside his 28 interception rookie season.  Manning by the time he was 25 years old had already led the league in TDs; despite being the 2nd youngest player to hit 115 passing TDs, Winston has yet to eclipse 30 touchdowns in a season.  It's possible he could do that this year... but it's also possible he could throw 30 interceptions.  

Winston's volume numbers are nice, but when you consider 1) Winston passes the ball a lot more than most QBs (11th in pass attempts since 2015, but he's missed some starts; Rivers is #1 with 36.5 pass attempts per game while Winston is at 35.2 pass attempts per game), 2) he's consistently had good to great receivers (Evans, Godwin, Jackson, Humphries was a great #3, Brate, Howard albeit inconsistent), and 3) Fitzpatrick was putting up similarly good volume stats in his absence, it makes me think those numbers are not as impressive as they seem on the surface.

Criticism for Winston is valid, and definitely not a case of any "derangement syndrome".  He leads the league in interceptions by 8 since entering the league, and the next closest (Rivers, again) has 10 more starts/8 more games than him.  He also leads the NFL in fumbles in that same time frame.  Even if we assume he only lost half of those fumbles, that's 119 total touchdowns to 110 turnovers.  Are you re-signing a QB with that dismal of a TD/TO ratio (1.08)?  For comparisons sake (applying the same criteria of that they lost half of the fumbles, give or take), Newton is at a 1.7 and Dalton is at a 1.6.  

All he's really got going for him is the aforementioned bulk stats, on the second most pass attempts this season.  He's #3 in passing TDs, yet he's 12th in TD%.  He's #2 in passing yards, yet he's 10th in Y/A (not to say that's bad by any means) and 21st in AY/A.  He's #1 by a considerable margin in INT% though.  And while it's definitely not all on him for why the Bucs haven't had any success since drafting him... it should still be noted that the Bucs haven't had any success since drafting him.

So I'm not really sure why Winston wouldn't be in this group.  I take it this is a list of QBs who stand a chance at not returning to their team, and thus will need to prove to another team they can be their starter.  And Winston absolutely belongs because there's no guarantee Tampa brings him back.  Sure he might be a better passer than Newton or Dalton, but those dudes are much better at protecting the football, which is saying something because those guys aren't even close to the best at protecting the football.  And Winston, as seen by the ratios and efficiency, simply doesn't do enough otherwise to make up for it.  I mean 20 interceptions in 11 games is simply unacceptable.

I do think Winston is probably #1 on this list as far as the most likely to be starting next year (although I'm 98.5% sure Dalton and Cam will be as well, for some team; Mariota and Bridgewater could as well based off poential), but mostly because he's younger and avoided injuries.  Simply on the field he deserves to be in this conversation.  He's the most turnover prone starter post-Favre we've seen and outside of one season hasn't really shown he's capable of limiting them.  He makes the same overly risky decisions he made as a rookie, if not even more.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 3

On 11/27/2019 at 3:10 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

#2 in passing yardage, yes. #3 in touchdowns, absolutely. But what's he #1 at? INTs, pick-sixes, and sacks. I haven't seen a whole lot of him aside from the Rams game and this past game, but is he holding the ball too long or just facing a ton of pressure? 

Either way, he's like my Madden Franchise team (San Antonio Express) with Tyree Jackson at QB. Last season Tyree had 42 TDs and 32 INTs, this season he had 44 TDs and 24 INTs lol. 

But yeah. There's a lot to like with Jameis. I'm just not sure if the positive plays outweigh the negative ones.

16 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think he's tagged again at the least.

Before the Atlanta game, BA only blamed Jameis for 10 of his 18 INTs. BA's been behind Jameis the whole season.

Just for the sake of a laugh, let's say every other QB is responsible for all of their picks. Winston is still top 5 in INTs.

21 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I'm going to say the only one on that list that doesn't deserve another shot is Keenum. He's had enough opportunities.

Cam - Was once great. Deserves one more shot after he gets healthy.

Mariota - Up and down career. He's still young.

Rosen - In his first two seasons, he was put in the absolute worst situations. I don't think he'll be good, but deserves another shot.

Bridgewater - Balled out this year when called upon.

Dalton - Up and down career. Let him try in an organization that isn't completely dysfunctional.

Jameis - Up and down career. He's still young.

Virtually every quarterback drafted in the first round was put in an "absolute worst situation". Rosen was traded after just one season and can't even start for a team that's rebuilding. He sucks and doesn't deserve ****.

Edited by Elky

13 hours ago, Elky said:

Virtually every quarterback drafted in the first round was put in an "absolute worst situation". Rosen was traded after just one season and can't even start for a team that's rebuilding. He sucks and doesn't deserve ****.

1st year - Worst coaching staff and worst OL

2nd year - Worst OL and least talented team. 

Virtually every 1st round QB inherits that's situation? Lmao 

25 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

1st year - Worst coaching staff and worst OL

2nd year - Worst OL and least talented team. 

Virtually every 1st round QB inherits that's situation? Lmao 

Drew Bledsoe was drafted by a team that would have been packing its bags for St. Louis.

On 11/27/2019 at 10:06 AM, vikingsrule said:

I don’t think he’s any better than Brissett so I’m not sure why they’d make that move. I like Teddy  and hope he gets a legit chance to start, but I think he’s got a very limited ceiling. I’d hate to see Chicago go after him, that would be a great spot for him if they move on from Trubisky.

It would kill Zim to see Teddy in a Bears jersey.