Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SmittyBacall

Super Bowl Prediction

Who wins the Super Bowl?  

74 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the Super Bowl?

    • Baltimore Ravens
    • New England Patriots
    • New Orleans Saints
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Other


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I thought the Chargers gave the league the blueprint in last season’s playoffs?

They did a great job in that game but this Ravens O is much more physical this year.

Adding Ingram at RB and committing to having multiple big TEs on the field means they would likely kill teams playing a dime (like the Patriots did with Gronk and Allen)

  • All 3 TEs are 6'5" or 6'4" and they weigh 245, 255, and 270
  • Hollywood Brown also gives them a burner to consider where last years team focused on short stuff.

I would not try the Charger Dime against them.

Its ironic that the 2019 Ravens are killing with multiple TEs and Belichick has no real TE blocker or threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

What do the 3 teams that beat the Ravens or took the Ravens to OT have in common?

  • Some familiarity with Jackson and the Ravens offense.
    • The Chiefs played Jackson and the Ravens last year.
    • The Browns did too.
    • The Steelers did not play Jackson as a starter before, but they faced him last year after he already had 23 runs on film
    • Also division opponents dedicate more time studying the 3 teams in their division then a normal team getting ready for a random opponent.
      • The results don't hold true for the Bengals in November (game 3) but Bungles gonna Bungle.
        • Game 2 in October was surprisingly close

We will know more ahead of time as Pittsburgh(2 maybe*) and Cleveland(3) get another shot at the Ravens.

  • There will also be more film on how teams play the Ravens in rematches.

We can be pretty sure the Ravens will face a pair of rematches before they get to the Super Bowl unless Tennessee goes on a run.

Their is a pretty good chance they face Seattle or SF in the Super Bowl if they get that far. (Football Outsiders gives them a combined 48.4% chance to play in the Super Bowl)

That's a lot of rematches for an offense which is at least partly predicated on being unfamiliar.

 

*Note:  Baltimore could be in a weird situation in week 17 where they can knock Pittsburgh out or possibly face them 2 weeks later.

  • Jackson may not play, or they may go at the Steelers full force.
  • I know the Ravens fans at the game will not want to see the team give the Steelers a red carpet to the playoffs

 

Further Note:  This familiarity is not some form of kryptonite, its just another factor.

  • Belichick and Wade Phillips are some of the best of all time at preparing and they still got ran over this year.
  • Romeo Crenell is no slouch either and his team got housed.
  • This is a very talented offense with a line that can run you over. You may be better prepared in the rematch and still get beat by a very good team.

You've got some good stuff here, Skipper. 

But, ravs may not play full force? Skip, if the HFA depends on it, they'll be playing ballz to the wall every game. The want NE at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aint a prediction, but a Dream;

1. Seattle gets HFA

2. Beat Green Bay or San Fran : Sending either of those two teams home would set the salt levels to heights never seen before.

3. Beat New Orleans : Would love to see Seattle - NO again. That last game was a trash. A fumble recovery for TD and Punt return for TD really skewed that game. Need a clean game between the two.

4. Beat Baltimore in the Superbowl : Again, want to see this rematch. Seattle played Baltimore as good as any team in their winning streak. Held the offense to 16 points. Again, 14 points of defensive TD's really skewed that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i’ll say what i have said the past three years, steelers saints with the saints taking the big one

That's bold, Shady. You got moxie :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

They did a great job in that game but this Ravens O is much more physical this year.

Adding Ingram at RB and committing to having multiple big TEs on the field means they would likely kill teams playing a dime (like the Patriots did with Gronk and Allen)

  • All 3 TEs are 6'5" or 6'4" and they weigh 245, 255, and 270
  • Hollywood Brown also gives them a burner to consider where last years team focused on short stuff.

I would not try the Charger Dime against them.

Its ironic that the 2019 Ravens are killing with multiple TEs and Belichick has no real TE blocker or threat.

This is all good info and I agree, was just talking about the statement the one guy made that the 49ers somehow gave the “blueprint” for stopping this offense.

Yeah adverse weather conditions and elite defense. Not many teams can duplicate that “blueprint”. It’s like saying someone had the blueprint to stop the 07 Patriots or the 98 Vikings. This Ravens offense is similarly as efficient in comparison to offenses as those teams were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 10:21 PM, Bearerofnews said:

My gut tells me its gonna be 2 teams people are completely overlooking and ignoring...

If people don't already expect Duck Hodges to lead PB to the SB at this point, I don't know what else will.

lul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, SkippyX said:

What do the 3 teams that beat the Ravens or took the Ravens to OT have in common?

  • Some familiarity with Jackson and the Ravens offense.
    • The Chiefs played Jackson and the Ravens last year.
    • The Browns did too.
    • The Steelers did not play Jackson as a starter before, but they faced him last year after he already had 23 runs on film
    • Also division opponents dedicate more time studying the 3 teams in their division then a normal team getting ready for a random opponent.
      • The results don't hold true for the Bengals in November (game 3) but Bungles gonna Bungle.
        • Game 2 in October was surprisingly close

We will know more ahead of time as Pittsburgh(2 maybe*) and Cleveland(3) get another shot at the Ravens.

  • There will also be more film on how teams play the Ravens in rematches.

We can be pretty sure the Ravens will face a pair of rematches before they get to the Super Bowl unless Tennessee goes on a run.

Their is a pretty good chance they face Seattle or SF in the Super Bowl if they get that far. (Football Outsiders gives them a combined 48.4% chance to play in the Super Bowl)

That's a lot of rematches for an offense which is at least partly predicated on being unfamiliar.

The problem with reading too much into this 'well teams that have seen Lamar before have stopped him' idea is that in the case of the Browns and Chiefs losses, stopping Lamar wasn't really the deciding factor in either game - it was moreso that both teams annihilated our defense. The Browns I'd say definitely caused Lamar some trouble but the biggest offensive mishap on that day that turned the game was the Ingram fumble, and beyond that the game was mostly about Nick Chubb destroying our cobbled together front 7 and a bunch of coverage busts leading to Baker Mayfield doing whatever he wanted. In the Chiefs game I'd go as far to say that Lamar was basically the only reason we were competitive in that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any team except for KC and NE. Count me in as one of the people hoping for something random like NO vs BUF. Josh Allen is gonna put them on his back on his way to a Super Bowl win by out playing Lamar in the AFCCG. He's better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, diamondbull424 said:

To be honest the teams I’m feeling have that “destiny feel” to them are the Ravens and the Vikings. I don’t think the 49ers recapture their HFA over the rest of the teams and that bites them when they have to play against a team with rest and on the road.

I’m a Ravens fan so my bias tells me we would win, but I honestly am very afraid of the Vikings. They’ve played in some tough moments recently and I think they’re going to be battle tested via playoff adversity.

I predict the 49ers beat NO in the division round and then lose to the Vikings in the NFCCG.

I can't blame you at all for being high on the Ravens.  I'm a Vikings fan and I'm just not feeling it for us this year.  Then again, I WAS feeling it when we had the possibility of playing a home game for the Super Bowl in 2017 and we all know how that turned out.  I'm usually in the minority of Vikings fans who is a positive thinker, but I just don't think our defense is strong enough to go all the way this year.  Maybe if Thielen comes back our offense could go off big time, but I just don't know.  There seem like better options in the NFC right now.  If I were a betting man, my money would be on the 49ers probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 10:21 PM, Bearerofnews said:

My gut tells me its gonna be 2 teams people are completely overlooking and ignoring...

Oh right.

Browns vs Bears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×