Week 14 GDT: Packers vs Washington Redskins

squire12

Ben Fennell -  Packers Gameplan vs WAS:

Rally Tackle: Multiple hats on Guice/AP in run game
Jaire Assignment: Follow WR Terry McLaurin everywhere
Cover 1 - Robber: Take away in-breakers & crossers
Blitz, Blitz, Blitz:  Haskins not ready to beat pressure with his arm. Attack & Confuse!

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -  Packers Gameplan vs WAS:

Rally Tackle: Multiple hats on Guice/AP in run game
Jaire Assignment: Follow WR Terry McLaurin everywhere
Cover 1 - Robber: Take away in-breakers & crossers
Blitz, Blitz, Blitz:  Haskins not ready to beat pressure with his arm. Attack & Confuse!

Things the Packers will not do:

1. Load the box in order to hit Guice/AP in run game

2. Move Jaire around the field. We haven't done this all year. King is the LCB, Jaire is the RCB. This hasn't changed.

3. See #1

4. Blitz. This isn't a blitzing team.

The Packers will play their game. As much as we would all like to see this stuff, it's not gonna happen. The identity isn't going to change with a flip of the switch. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

2. Move Jaire around the field. We haven't done this all year. King is the LCB, Jaire is the RCB. This hasn't changed.

3. See #1

The Packers will play their game. As much as we would all like to see this stuff, it's not gonna happen. The identity isn't going to change with a flip of the switch. 

Agree. Tks for the Jaire comment cause I'd been wondering about that myself. I thought we did at one point no? Didnt he shadow....whats his name on Dallas? Perhaps I thought so and was mistaken.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

3. See #1

It's crazy how we arent a blitzing team when last year it seemed like we blitzed like crazy

49 minutes ago, Green19 said:

pettine isn’t interested in being dominant because he knows he is a few players and seasoning of other players away from that.  He is focused on as few pts as possible... so bend don’t break all day and giving up as many yards as it takes.

Probably right.  Watching this defense is more painful than a 1000 paper cuts.  Just don't give up the big splash plays and keep them out of the end zone then.  Offense better score points when they have the ball cuz this defense lets the opponent stay on the field a long frickin time. 

Edited by coachbuns

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

I mean technically it was the media because they said he was washed up. That was his dog.

But he is just proving them right at this point. It’s going to take him going off for like 3/4 TD a game to close out the season for there to be any discussion of him being the same Rodgers.

Is this you volunteering?

I want to see that dog from the Ford commercial's pelt on some bearded fat man in the front row on Sunday, or you blew your first assignment! 

55 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Had to work the lack of edge talent. Don't have to with Z and P.

For everything that can be said about Pettine, he does try to match scheme to talent.

True, but isn't he well known for scheming up pressures? I get he has more to work with to rush 4 drop 7, but you would think we could maybe generate more turnovers blitzing more.

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

True, but isn't he well known for scheming up pressures? I get he has more to work with to rush 4 drop 7, but you would think we could maybe generate more turnovers blitzing more.

Sorta. His most famous defenses are the Jets teams which didn't really have a lick of edge talent so they blitzed.

His Bills defense didn't blitz much.

Had to work the lack of edge talent. Don't have to with Z and P.

For everything that can be said about Pettine, he does try to match scheme to talent.

A defense that can get pressure with 4 and has the advantage of routinely dropping 7 but still can't get off the field is a pretty worthless one. Especially when you have 4 potential above average starters in your secondary and a slot CB having a great season.

It hasnt been good enough for Pettine IMO. He's a blitz coordinator, if he wants to play conservative we should have a coordinator with better coverage and gap schemes cause Pettine isn't that. His scheme was about deception and illusion, doesn't seem like he's doing that anymore.

• Like 4

Sorta. His most famous defenses are the Jets teams which didn't really have a lick of edge talent so they blitzed.

So our offense is great without D adams..

and our defense would be great with out great edge rushers...

devudaaaa

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Also I feel like one of a few things:

• the defense isn’t in enough 3rd and longs to dial up exotics

• the back end is assignment sure for the exotics stuff. LeRoy Butler broke down a play the other day and showed how Savage and King both screwed up quarters coverage that should of forced a throw short on 3rd and long.

I think that’s why he isn’t blitzing. And with the backend he isn’t man to manning the guys because so many offenses do runs and crosses to bust man coverage.

Its tough. I do feel though once Savage is more seasoned with Amos a lot of this stuff will get better.