Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I don't have any problem discussing different things at all.  However, I do get a bit tired of the constant peeing and moaning game after game about the same old thing?   Must be no new game material to discuss so let's just beat that dead horse time after time after time.  The 1  year ban you propose is pretty harsh but I do enjoy a good bet.   So Norm, let's do this instead;  I'm in if you are.  Should the Packers win their 1st playoff game or lose by 10 or less, you are gone from this forum until the Super Bowl is played.  If the Packers lose that 1st playoff game by 11 or more, I'll be gone until Super Bowl is over.   After the Super Bowl,  all good to go for the forum.  What say you?  Anybody else willing to put up or shut up about how bad/good this team is?

Need to at least make the bet fair.  Packers win Normy gets the boot.  NO wins you get the boot.  No points.  Packers are at home and I'd expect them to take care of NO.  Regardless of the flaws we all saw during the regular season.  Packers will take it up a notch just like they did in MN.  If they end up going to SF expect them to put up a hell of a fight.  

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Need to at least make the bet fair.  Packers win Normy gets the boot.  NO wins you get the boot.  No points.  Packers are at home and I'd expect them to take care of NO.  Regardless of the flaws we all saw during the regular season.  Packers will take it up a notch just like they did in MN.  If they end up going to SF expect them to put up a hell of a fight.  

Sorry my friend ... no go.   What the heck do you mean not fair?  Just going by what Norm said, "Packers aren't good" and his challenge was BASED on Packers getting beat easily by double digits.  I appreciate a good bet and stepped up ... if you don't like how it was set up ... do another and make your rules.  

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I am not sure what you are getting at here.  

If  you or I have specific knowledge of the person and are using identifiers about a person under ones medical care...then there could be an issue.  Citing research studies and information found via google/pubmed search is in no way a HIPPA violation

Good, we can agree on something then

And it can be unlearned.  Happens frequently all the time. specific adaptations to imposed demands.  Those demands to not have to be of the high stress physical nature.

The neuroplastic-ability of the human brain is well beyond what we current understand it to be.  I feel this is why I and several others are hoping that Rodgers gets back to working on his fundamentals.  From the ground up as much as from his shoulder.  As a few also speculate, much of this may be between Rodgers ears and less from what is below his neck.   The brain is a powerful machine and is capable of getting itself into places that are detrimental to optimal performance and function inspite of a cerebral cortex analysis and thinking about how to "fix it".  

As I noted above....over analysis can lead to a neurological slowing down of the motor movements (planning, anticipation, reaction, processing) based on a multitude of stimuli/data pieces of sensory information.  Often it is more about the neurological aspects and less about the physical aspects.    I think we have seen Rodgers make some throws that he could have prior to his shoulder injury in 2018.   The main issue is that they are fewer and farther between.  That leads to a logical reasoning end point that it is more mental than physical.

I am not sure I know the difference between new and old English.

---------------------------------

Sorry to those that get bored with the medical stuff.  

I was not accusing you of a HIPAA violation.  Just checking your knowledge. 

Literacy can be difficult when the process is coupled with a TBI. Even a common motion can be difficult when there are issues with the cerebellum. Processing of certain information / stimuli can take longer than before the TBI, for example a concussion or asphyxiation. Now that argument could be made for his slow processing at the line and letting the clock run out.

Now lets say you run a 5k. You have a pair of Hoka shoes that are comfortable and designed for that run. You complete it in 20 minutes. Now you have the same Hoka shoes in the exact same condition with no differing variables from the first run. However you add one variable. You put 8 sharp pebbles in the right shoe. You run the same 5k. You hit finish line expecting to have finished in 20 minutes. You look at your time and it says two hours. The variable of the 8 sharp pebbles slowed you down. Due to the injuries your foot has, you can never run the same again. Do you forget that Rodgers came back that season of his injury and took hit to that injured shoulder in hopes to make the playoffs. He has not thrown the same since.

America has a different English than what you were using. Favor - Favour, Theater - Theatre, Color - Colour and etc...

I do have a question. What is HIPPA?  :D

Since the topic of medical problems is popular here, I have a question. In my mid to late thirties, I had to stop playing pickup basketball games because all of the shots I usually made weren't even coming close. So I went to a doctor, and he thought I had stroke. Then I went to an optometrist, and he discovered my depth perception was declining and put prisms in my eye glasses. For the life of me, I am wondering if anyone who knows a little bit about vision problems here might consider my decline as something that is also happening to Aaron Rodgers? It isn't just this last game . . . he has missed way more passes than it seems he should, especially this season.  Just asking? And I'll save everyone from any lame jokes about the "eyes have it."

3 minutes ago, Gypsy1027 said:

Since the topic of medical problems is popular here, I have a question. In my mid to late thirties, I had to stop playing pickup basketball games because all of the shots I usually made weren't even coming close. So I went to a doctor, and he thought I had stroke. Then I went to an optometrist, and he discovered my depth perception was declining and put prisms in my eye glasses. For the life of me, I am wondering if anyone who knows a little bit about vision problems here might consider my decline as something that is also happening to Aaron Rodgers? It isn't just this last game . . . he has missed way more passes than it seems he should, especially this season.  Just asking? And I'll save everyone from any lame jokes about the "eyes have it."

I think if there was something like that it might have slipped out by now.  

All I know is that Rodgers does not have three years left in him, so hopefully he wins one more ring so I can forgive him and not dislike him when he retires.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

I was not accusing you of a HIPAA violation.  Just checking your knowledge. 

Literacy can be difficult when the process is coupled with a TBI. Even a common motion can be difficult when there are issues with the cerebellum. Processing of certain information / stimuli can take longer than before the TBI, for example a concussion or asphyxiation. Now that argument could be made for his slow processing at the line and letting the clock run out.

Now lets say you run a 5k. You have a pair of Hoka shoes that are comfortable and designed for that run. You complete it in 20 minutes. Now you have the same Hoka shoes in the exact same condition with no differing variables from the first run. However you add one variable. You put 8 sharp pebbles in the right shoe. You run the same 5k. You hit finish line expecting to have finished in 20 minutes. You look at your time and it says two hours. The variable of the 8 sharp pebbles slowed you down. Due to the injuries your foot has, you can never run the same again. Do you forget that Rodgers came back that season of his injury and took hit to that injured shoulder in hopes to make the playoffs. He has not thrown the same since.

The nociception input coming from the right foot is something that your brain has to decide if it is willing to override that and run the same speed as your physical being is capable.

If I place a serial killer with a set of knives ready to kill you 20 feet behind you at the start of the 5K and you have those same sharp pebbles in your right shoe.  you will die if you do not run the 5K in 20 minutes.    What do you think your time will be?

Hint, your brain will prioritize the life over the foot.  Context of the situation can drastically alter and overcome the nociceptive input to create an output of performance similar or better in that situation.  

2 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

America has a different English than what you were using. Favor - Favour, Theater - Theatre, Color - Colour and etc...

I do have a question. What is HIPPA?  :D

13 hours ago, Norm said:

Nobody on our team can suck because we have 13 wins

THIRTEEN AND THREE. NO OTHER DISCUSSION!!!

How confident are all y'all? Who wants to take a self imposed ban until the season starts next year that we lose the first game, by double digits. 

We're not good.

But we can't be as bad as some here are suggesting seeing we won 13 games.   Like I said, good teams find a way to win and bad ones screw it up and lose.  However, AR is going to have to play better than he did in Detroit or this is gonna be a short post season for us.   He has to buy into the quick tempo hooks and slants like he did in MN and in the second half of Sunday's game.   The offense clicks a lot better when he does this than when he goes for the quick hitters like he did with MM calling the shots.

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

What is this respect I'm feeling for the Lions?

Did you see the first post under this clip asking why the passes to 17 are on point so often?  I'm guessing it is because Adams might be where AR expects him to be.

The Lions came to play on Sunday.  They really wanted to ruin our post season by making us have to play on WC weekend.  They had problems all season closing out games, however.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But we can't be as bad as some here are suggesting seeing we won 13 games.   Like I said, good teams find a way to win and bad ones screw it up and lose.  However, AR is going to have to play better than he did in Detroit or this is gonna be a short post season for us.   He has to buy into the quick tempo hooks and slants like he did in MN and in the second half of Sunday's game.   The offense clicks a lot better when he does this than when he goes for the quick hitters like he did with MM calling the shots.

Lot's of hand ringing about the Detroit game, but people forget that the Packers were going off a short week that included a very emotional Monday night game in Minnesota, and Christmas. Not surprising they were flat in the first half, but don't forget--they won the second half 20-3. 20-3. 

Edited by Mr. Fussnputz
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Scoremore said:

This was a big concern of mine actually.  Why I wanted to wait on signing Rodgers to a massive extension.  We never got to see him play when fully healthy.  First the collarbone and then the knee.  He was off last year but which one was it?  Rodgers has lost accuracy and we can all see it.  Not the same guy.  He's smart and dedicated so maybe he'll adjust and work on his mechanics.  Other issue is the lack of decent weapons and learning a new offense.  He's still playing pretty well despite all of it. If he wants a ring this year he will have to clean it up and fast.  No room for error in the playoffs.  Missed opportunities will kill you.  

I didn't have a problem giving him that extension.  What other options did we have?  It was either extend him or eventually trade for different starter.

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But we can't be as bad as some here are suggesting seeing we won 13 games.   Like I said, good teams find a way to win and bad ones screw it up and lose.

Repeating factoids previously supplied that support your thinking: GB is 8+1 in one score games - and - 7+1 at home.

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

The nociception input coming from the right foot is something that your brain has to decide if it is willing to override that and run the same speed as your physical being is capable.

If I place a serial killer with a set of knives ready to kill you 20 feet behind you at the start of the 5K and you have those same sharp pebbles in your right shoe.  you will die if you do not run the 5K in 20 minutes.    What do you think your time will be?

Hint, your brain will prioritize the life over the foot.  Context of the situation can drastically alter and overcome the nociceptive input to create an output of performance similar or better in that situation.  

I would not finish the race due to the fact that it is my nature is to disarm the "killer" as it is in my nature to protect others as well as it should be in yours. Hint,  it is about survival and survival as a collective unit. The foot is not important at that point. Other's see your bravery and may help. To my point, the muscles will do the same to protect a weak area.