Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

This might not be saying a lot, but he was your best QB since... I have no idea. Better than Fitz? Maybe, maybe not. Bledsoe.

Tyrod is solid. Not a worldbeater, but performed well when asked to imo. Not bad for a 6th round pick. I'm sure they will bring in competition, and it's just coachspeak. 

No its not saying a lot lol that is why they kept him around cause they had no other options, but to be fair the one year they brought Kyle Orton in he had outperformed anything that Tyrod has done when he was a bill. Like I said I hope its just smoke for now and they go in to the draft to move up and get herbert or Tua as their long term answer because I know as a bills fan he will get you enough wins to sit at pick 10-14 and without contention of getting a franchise qb next year. Tyrod would be fine on a team that is a smaller market, lets say Jacksonville as Qb this year and say he is our guy I would accept that. This is LA which is a massive market and to push the new Arena/Stadium and to be a top marketing Team in the NFL by making the move to LA there is no flash or substance and hes not a winner so its such a blah move and again he will likely get the Chargers to 6-7 wins which puts you in qb purgatory which ended it up for the bills until the new regime came in and made it adamant that finding and drafting a franchise qb is a must. 

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think it's Yan and it's not particularly close.

Not ideal for either side, but this is absolutely awful work from Yan's agent.

I dont know, would you as a player want to know your owner is in a quibble with another player? Its definitely bad all around. If Yan is traded that means the Khans look like they cave to players demands and the players are bigger then the owner. If they keep him, then it looks like they dont look out in the best interest of their players. Its a lose lose for the jags. If it was just this case then it wouldnt be so bad, but you got guys like Ramsey and now Fournette. You trade your QB away after paying him a ton of money. Then you dumped the best player on your team, Calias, as he was a solid overall presence in the locker room, I know for cap reasons, but its not a good look for this franchise right now. I feel bad for the fans, but this could be arguably the worst offseason an organization could have,

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think it's Yan and it's not particularly close.

Not ideal for either side, but this is absolutely awful work from Yan's agent.

I don't know man.  Why would you even respond back in the first place?  Now every team knows just how bad the situation is, and how desperate you are to get this guy off your team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don't know man.  Why would you even respond back in the first place?  Now every team knows just how bad the situation is, and how desperate you are to get this guy off your team.

Exactly.

It was reported from JAX media this morning the Jags have yet to get an offer even. 

Yan is throwing gas on a fire while trying to get out. The team isn't giving him up unless a fair offer comes in. If you want out this isn't the way. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Exactly.

It was reported from JAX media this morning the Jags have yet to get an offer even. 

Yan is throwing gas on a fire while trying to get out. The team isn't giving him up unless a fair offer comes in.

Yeah, pretty similar to the Trent Williams situation.  

Though, I couldn't even imagine the blowback the Redskins would receive if Snyder or his son was tweeting back and forth with Williams like this.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, pretty similar to the Trent Williams situation.  

Though, I couldn't even imagine the blowback the Redskins would receive if Snyder or his son was tweeting back and forth with Williams like this.

What did Tony do wrong there?

I'd prefer he just ignore it. But he didn't insult him/say anything bad. Said nothing's happening til an offer comes in and doing what he's doing is just hurting him (which it is). Generally an agent jumps in there and tells the player to take a step back. Just makes Yan look bad.

10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont know, would you as a player want to know your owner is in a quibble with another player? Its definitely bad all around. If Yan is traded that means the Khans look like they cave to players demands and the players are bigger then the owner. If they keep him, then it looks like they dont look out in the best interest of their players. Its a lose lose for the jags. If it was just this case then it wouldnt be so bad, but you got guys like Ramsey and now Fournette. You trade your QB away after paying him a ton of money. Then you dumped the best player on your team, Calias, as he was a solid overall presence in the locker room, I know for cap reasons, but its not a good look for this franchise right now. I feel bad for the fans, but this could be arguably the worst offseason an organization could have,

They aren't going to cave. Unless an offer comes in worth moving him he's staying on the roster. Yan has zero leverage here.

If he sits out/doesn't play, you do the same thing next year. You're better off letting him sit then trading him for nothing.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

They aren't going to cave. Unless an offer comes in worth moving him he's staying on the roster. Yan has zero leverage here.

If he sits out/doesn't play, you do the same thing next year. You're better off letting him sit then trading him for nothing.

I have a feeling that the seahawks will come in with a 2nd or 3rd rd and take him and do what they did with clowney not sign him long term let him play out the year and then he hits fa and they collect comp pick

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What did Tony do wrong there?

I'd prefer he just ignore it. But he didn't insult him/say anything bad. Said nothing's happening til an offer comes in and doing what he's doing is just hurting him (which it is). Generally an agent jumps in there and tells the player to take a step back. Just makes Yan look bad.

....? The optics in even engaging this back and forth on a social media platform looks terrible from a guy who should be “above” that type of behavior.

Players do dumb stuff like this a lot on social media. It’s not ideal but it’s not exactly a shock.

A co-owner/front office guy doing the same? You can’t honestly be wondering why this doesn’t reflect well on Jacksonville’s FO...

• Like 4

This all got sparked by Mark Long, a reporter in JAX from the AP, saying on a radio station in JAX that we have yet to get a single offer for Yan. Teams haven't came in with offers like it's being reported. Yan jumped on Twitter and said that like 5 minutes after it.

39 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

If I were Miami, I trade all 3 of my 1st round picks and suck again next year. Next year, you’ll have 13 1st round picks.

If I’m a bad team, I’m always selling. Build up the roster in the later rounds and then when you feel you have a good foundation of mediocre talent, strike with the bevy of draft picks. 

Ah, The Baseball. I’d love to see a team do that, it’d be very interesting. 

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

I have a feeling that the seahawks will come in with a 2nd or 3rd rd and take him and do what they did with clowney not sign him long term let him play out the year and then he hits fa and they collect comp pick

This they may take. But that has yet to come in.

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

....? The optics in even engaging this back and forth on a social media platform looks terrible from a guy who should be “above” that type of behavior.

Players do dumb stuff like this a lot on social media. It’s not ideal but it’s not exactly a shock.

A co-owner/front office guy doing the same? You can’t honestly be wondering why this doesn’t reflect well on Jacksonville’s FO...

I said before its not a great look for either, but nothing Tony said was poor. He said he's not hiding (as Yan said), and told him that he can talk on social media all he wants but until an offer comes in you're here (and giving him helpful advice his agent should have gave him).

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yep.  Was too busy to immediately reply, but this is pretty much word for word what I was planning to say.

• Like 1