Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's fair with the contracts I guess and you can kinda compare the Eagles and Rams to an extent in other ways like both our teams went to the Super Bowl and then didn't live up to expectations after, but the difference is we've had to deal with a lot more injuries (dead last in 2018 in AGL and 21st in 2019) compare to a Rams team that has finished 1st, 4th, and 10th the last 3 years in AGL which maybe is a testament to your training staff.

I think even an outsider would be more optimistic about our future outlook though cause Wentz >> Goff.

Just gotta hope Roseman doesn't botch the receiver we pick like last year. ¬¬

The book isn't anywhere close to written on that. And ironically, in a post about injuries, you are ignoring the importance of availability.

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Isn't Engram following the Jordan Reed tradition of getting concussed every 5 games? I feel like he's rarely available at full health for the Giants.

Engram hasn't been vulnerable to concussions, but he's had just about every other type of injury. Foot, MCL, ribs, etc. I'm a huge proponent of availability and durability as player qualities, so I'm totally fine moving him. He's incredibly dangerous when he is on the field and playing, but that isn't often enough. I'd rather remove him from the equation than count on him to produce in the offense only for him to be healthy for half the season.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Like I never said they are a bottom feeder now, but there is no way you can look at the Rams from where they were to now and be very optimistic.

I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic. We'll fall somewhere in the middle. If Goff bounces back, we'll be in the playoff hunt. I look at the team, and the OL progressing is the key. The young players need to improve. If they can do that, we'll have a good offense. We still have Goff, Woods, Kupp, and Whit. Higbee broke out late in the year. And defensively, we have a great secondary and a very good 3-4 DL on paper. We'll see what the LBs look like after the draft. 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic. We'll fall somewhere in the middle. If Goff bounces back, we'll be in the playoff hunt. I look at the team, and the OL progressing is the key. The young players need to improve. If they can do that, we'll have a good offense. We still have Goff, Woods, Kupp, and Whit. Higbee broke out late in the year. And defensively, we have a great secondary and a very good 3-4 DL on paper. We'll see what the LBs look like after the draft. 

The thing that would worry me most about the NFC West in general for any of the teams. The division could be historically good next season. 1 or maybe even 2 of the teams is going to have strokes of bad luck or have unexpected regression.

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

The thing that would worry me most about the NFC West in general for any of the teams. The division could be historically good next season. 1 or maybe even 2 of the teams is going to have strokes of bad luck or have unexpected regression.

Maybe. The Cardinals aren't a juggernaut and are led by a HC who has a below .500 record in the Big 12. The Seahawks, on paper, have no pass rush and still have the same OL questions that have plagued them for years. The 49ers are coming off a strong year, but their QB has had problems staying healthy, and they lost their top DL. The Rams obviously have massive questions of their own.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/nfl-mock-draft-2020-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa-fmia-peter-king/

some notes from this article 

NBC Sports' Peter King reports "worst-kept secret in draft rooms around the league: GM Thomas Dimitroff wants to trade up for one of the two top corners in the draft, Jeff Okudah or C.J. Henderson."

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Browns have been actively trying to trade down

NBC Sports' Peter King reports "not sure if the Jags will do it, but I hear they’ve been talking about trading up—and I assume it’s for one of the two corners at the top of the CB market."

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Chargers coach Anthony Lynn doesn't view Tyrod Taylor as a bridge QB.

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Raiders GM Mike Mayock "loves" Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb.

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Chargers have "loved" Georgia LT Andrew Thomas "throughout the fall and winter."

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Panthers "love" Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons.

also

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the 49ers are "fielding calls on both their first-round picks, No. 13 and No. 31 overall, and are open to dealing either or both picks.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

lol ok

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Chargers coach Anthony Lynn doesn't view Tyrod Taylor as a bridge QB.

I am sorry but how can you sell this to the fan base? I am a bills fan and I can honestly tell you in no way was he a franchise qb, he wasnt a good bridge qb either. He is a solid #2 and great person but to have him be your qb without any form of competition is laughable. You trying to not show your hand at draft day I get but if they honestly think that who in their right mind will pay to watch this team play next year? If the stadium is ready to go the cost of tickets are going to be super high so you better get a player for fans to be excited about because Tyrod isnt screaming contender especially in that division. You will need a top 5 defense, a solid running game with oline, and hope to not be down by more then 14 points by half because it is over if you have him as qb. He is going to do a lot of dump passes to your rb or run it with his legs, so 3rd and long (5+ yards) expect to be punting it because he will throw the ball to someone at the line of scrimmage hoping they make something out of it or hes taking off and running it without even looking to see his wr down field are open. 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Dont forget your going to have to pay Ramsey, I find it hard to believe he will be willing to play 100% on the 5th year option, he made it quite clear at jags camp when he showed up in a brinks truck. He wants to get paid that 80+ mil an he is expecting to get that from the Rams before season starts, if not I see him holding out and being an issue in the locker room.

3 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

being curious i saw Peter Schrager post this on twitter. if your Detroit do you make this deal, i know its not a rumor or anything but i don't think this deserved its own page. if i'm wrong you can take it down. im leaning towards yes.

Honestly, I think Miami refuses to make that trade before Detroit, which is funny because they are a great value on the #3 pick. 

I Just don't know if there is a need for all of that and I think Tua / Herbert have too many questions for me to commit those kind of assets 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I think Miami refuses to make that trade before Detroit, which is funny because they are a great value on the #3 pick. 

I Just don't know if there is a need for all of that and I think Tua / Herbert have too many questions for me to commit those kind of assets 

Medicals for draft eligible players are pretty binary. Either the player is fine medically, or they aren't. If your team has cleared Tua, he's gotta be near the top of your board. And it only takes one team.