Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Got to say, when I first read that it made no sense. Don’t really see the advantage of dropping Kirk at this point.

There isn’t one IMO,  not unless we’re talking about a 1st round pick or a comparable player...

now after this season, I could see it 

Edited by Dome

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

But why

Because it would be an absolute matchup nightmare for any defense to contend with when they are in 12 Personnel. 

A faster more athletic combo then Ertz/Goedert in that Shanahan scheme,  with Kyle calling plays it could be scary actually! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

But why

He's good in the receiving game, which is something we can use and we've been hot in trying to find another tight end

Still, Vincent Frank. Wouldn't expect that to come through. 

Also would likely only make sense in a player for player swap because we have no middle picks at all (2 firsts, then not another pick until the fifth). So this would have to be an engram for Thomas (with the niners drafting a new 3t) or engram for spoon (with the niners drafting a corner) or engram for Pettis type deal

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

Shanny loves his 2 TE sets. Uses them a lot in the backfield as well i believe

Yes. We run it more than any team not named the Vikings, I believe. Obviously, the bones of the niners and Vikings offense is the same, so it makes sense

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because it would be an absolute matchup nightmare for any defense to contend with when they are in 12 Personnel. 

A faster more athletic combo then Ertz/Goedert in that Shanahan scheme,  with Kyle calling plays it could be scary actually! 

Until the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl that is.

14 hours ago, stl4life07 said:
15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Rams window closed fast af lol

Who said their window closed?

They were literally a Zuerlein made FG in Seattle from going (10-6) and making the playoffs again and thats with being in the toughest division in football, Goff having a horrible season, and the worst injury season in recent memory for them. Now the draft comes, they have 4 picks on Day 2 to get alot of quality players and oh btw they still have talent and last time I check McVay still knows how to coach. But I guess a (9-7) season means the team is all of a sudden fallen off the map now. We shall see lol. 

Rams window isn't completely closed and obviously if they have some good drafts they can retool.

Not really a Goff fan though. Obviously McVay is still a great offensive mind, but they aren't a team I'm scared of anymore.

Also, Snead has been kinda hit or miss.

Like I never said they are a bottom feeder now, but there is no way you can look at the Rams from where they were to now and be very optimistic.

14 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

The fan of every team with a bad offensive line thinks those issues are gonna go away with no real upgrades, right up until the exact moment the season starts up. 

Right. It's like everyone forgets that teams routinely get their season torpedoed by having bad OLs year upon year upon year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:
16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Rams window closed fast af lol

We're about to move money around to create cap space. We have a lot of cap space available in future years. The Eagles do it in their contracts. We choose to wait to do it until we need it.

That's fair with the contracts I guess and you can kinda compare the Eagles and Rams to an extent in other ways like both our teams went to the Super Bowl and then didn't live up to expectations after, but the difference is we've had to deal with a lot more injuries (dead last in 2018 in AGL and 21st in 2019) compare to a Rams team that has finished 1st, 4th, and 10th the last 3 years in AGL which maybe is a testament to your training staff.

I think even an outsider would be more optimistic about our future outlook though cause Wentz >> Goff.

Just gotta hope Roseman doesn't botch the receiver we pick like last year. ¬¬

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Right. It's like everyone forgets that teams routinely get their season torpedoed by having bad OLs year upon year upon year.

It's like as soon as their QB gets sacked on the first drive all the memories of why last season went south come flooding back. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

He's good in the receiving game, which is something we can use and we've been hot in trying to find another tight end

Still, Vincent Frank. Wouldn't expect that to come through. 

Also would likely only make sense in a player for player swap because we have no middle picks at all (2 firsts, then not another pick until the fifth). So this would have to be an engram for Thomas (with the niners drafting a new 3t) or engram for spoon (with the niners drafting a corner) or engram for Pettis type deal

Engram and Kittle in a 2 TE set would be absolutely insane for the ~10 games a year Engram is healthy. From what I know, Engram and Kittle are friends. I don't think it is a good idea to take weapons away from DJ though. If it were to happen, I would only take Thomas straight up for Engram. With Spoon or Pettis, the 49ers would have to sweeten the deal just a little bit.