2019 All-Pro Team Results

M.10.E

I dont like that there are 7DBs on first team... i can understand putting an extra CB for the nickle spot but there will never be a time when there are 7DBs on the field... Doesnt make much sense. 

And TJ Watt being on both 1st and 2nd team is messed up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

I dont like that there are 7DBs on first team... i can understand putting an extra CB for the nickle spot but there will never be a time when there are 7DBs on the field... Doesnt make much sense. 

And TJ Watt being on both 1st and 2nd team is messed up

Pretty sure the Chargers had like 7 DBs on the field against the Ravens in last years playoffs and that was supposed to be the blueprint to stopping Lamar.

Though I get your point. Just saying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

3 of the all pros were on defense and the kicker. If anything he hurts the case of the kicker because they weren't relying on him as much. 

Russell had one of the best QB performances of the year against the Rams in week 5 and his team probably should have lost. He's certainly doing it with less so I could see the case. I wouldn't make it but the argument is there. 

Again that is not a good argument at all.. You want to talk about great performances look at the quarterback with two perfect passer rating games on the season and look no further than the game where they played each other where Lamar stepped up and flat out took over that game.. 

Also please don't sit here and tell me that the Ravens are full of incredible talent offensively.. Look at last years top 100 list,  there is not one player ( not even Lamar)  listed as one by their peers.. Now all of a sudden Lamars success is because of all of this great talent that surrounds him?? Give me a break.. 

17 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Again that is not a good argument at all.. You want to talk about great performances look at the quarterback with two perfect passer rating games on the season and look no further than the game where they played each other where Lamar stepped up and flat out took over that game.. 

Also please don't sit here and tell me that the Ravens are full of incredible talent offensively.. Look at last years top 100 list,  there is not one player ( not even Lamar)  listed as one by their peers.. Now all of a sudden Lamars success is because of all of this great talent that surrounds him?? Give me a break.. 

Because it fits their agenda. The Ravens just changed their offense to fit the skillset of Lamar. Outside of Mark Ingram though there's no notable talent on that offense that 15 other teams don't have.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, iknowcool said:

How would that make any sense?  C-Mac was clearly the best RB

They should just get rid of the Flex, but it still makes sense why he got it.  He had over 1,000 receiving yards.  

So the flex in an offense is when a RB shines at receiving?  IMO the best RB should be good at doing both.  It would be like having 2 for QBs = one for passing and one for running.

1 hour ago, Letsch80 said:

I agree that Baltimore doesn't have a ton of skill position talent compared to other elite offenses. Though it is comparable to Seattle. I'd say the skill positions are a wash but Baltimore murders Seattle's offensive line.

Though the head to head argument is silly. Baltimore has a better defense than Seattle. 

Edited by LeotheLion

15 hours ago, TB Doug22 said:

Shaquil Barrett not being in the first team is just laughable. Just goes to show you how little respect these voters have for 'small' market teams.

This is going to be a general statement and not directed at Barrett but posts like this are awful.

Saying X player should be an all-pro is a meaningless statement since you have to compare them to the rest of the league. You CANNOT look at how good of a player is in a vacuum but you DO have to compare them to the rest of the league.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

The only reason people saw Russell as the 'runaway' MVP favorite halfway through the year - as you put it - was because people didnt and weren't ready to believe that what Lamar was doing was sustainable over an entire season. That he was bound to get hurt, or that he wouldn't replicate that kind of efficiency on the ground throughout a 16 game season once defenses caught up to what we were doing.

Go look at the MVP threads. It was a ton of "yeah Lamar's had a great first half, but he's played teams like the Dolphins, Bengals, etc. I trust Russ way more to keep up his style/level of play throughout the year than Lamar".

The 2nd half of the year - when the above inevitably didn't happen, and he didn't get hurt or slow down - is when Lamar cemented it.

But Russ was never, ever, a 'runaway ' candidate for MVP at any point this year. Lamar was right there with him from the very first game when he threw 5 TDs and had a perfect passer rating, and then won it handily when the 'flash in the pan' most people thought he had at the beginning of the year ultimately became his consistent play. And saying otherwise is revisionist history.

Stop it. You're rewriting history...

Through 8 games Jackson had 15 Passing TDs and 5 Rushing TDs. Wilson had 21 Passing TDs and 3 Rushing TDs. Wilson had ONE turnover to LaMarr's 5. At Week 9, Wilson was the runaway MVP and pretending otherwise is revisionist history. They key difference is LaMar turned it on after Week 10 whereas Wilson remained the same/declined in part to the Seahawks being the most injured team. You guys make some pretty ridiculous revisioninst LaMar claims but this one is far and away the worst.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

Don't you think Lamar has something to do with those All Pro players??  He has elevated the play of every single player on this team, dont forget most of these players were the same ones that were struggling through the half of last year with Flacco at the helm.. 

He leads the league in td passes all the while playing a cumulative 14 games because of complete domination of other teams.. He did that all the while leading the most prolific rushing attack in league history..

Listen I like Russel Wilson a lot but there is no debate here.. 

Lamar made his Cornerbacks play better? Good to know.

• Like 1