Tom Time

Shady Slim

Brady 2020  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady next season is going to...

• Retire
    • Play on for NE
    • Play on for Someone Else (say)

Even with a diminishing skill set, he could still be in the top 1/2 of the league in more of a game manager role if he wants it. 

My guess is that he doesn't bail on the Pats following a pick 6 playoff loss. He's too competitive for that to be the end. 

If, however, the Pats don't bring him back, I don't know if I see him signing elsewhere. If he were to, however, these teams come to mind:

Panthers?

Colts? 

Either would put him in a run-first offense that could mask most of his physical deficiencies. 

Outside of that, I'm not really seeing a path to playing on an offense that would suit his abilities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

go to a team and win another SB, and doing it without BB would add to his legend even more perhaps.

Going to another team and stinking it up without BB could hurt his legend. 

If his legend is what he’s worried about, he needs to bring BB down with him. 

Edited by Dome

Just now, Dome said:

Going to another team and stinking it up without BB could hurt his legend. 

If his legend is what he’s worried about, he needs to bring BB down with him. 

It would definitely be a gamble. And I am not saying he will But he could pick a team that he deems very talented and close to SB ready like Indy maybe. It really is hard to know what is his mind after this season though.

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't understand why anyone thinks it's likely he won't be back in NE.

If you've been following the Pats closely for the past 5 years you'd understand why it's at least up in the air. Lots of seemingly little things here and there, easy to dismiss on an individual level, but collectively? There's real smoke. The Patriots have also NEVER let him become a FA like they did this year. And he worked into his deal for this year that they can't franchise him; he WILL be a FA.

• Like 1

Anybody who wants to toss out guesses as to what other team he might play for has GOT to understand that there's more to consider besides the "football" fit. Tom is committed to expanding his TB12 brand, and Giselle is not going to be content anywhere besides a major, international-level metro area. She doesn't even really love Boston. So: New York, L.A., Miami, maaaaaybe Bay Area and Chicago, but I doubt it. From there you've gotta decide whether it makes football sense for both Tom and those football franchises.

I still lean toward all parties coming to their senses and giving it another year, but any of the three options are on the table.

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't understand why anyone thinks it's likely he won't be back in NE.

I think it’s because Billichick is always early and won’t want Brady back. I think the Pats move on as BB will want to make the Patriots legend more about his coaching greatness than Brady’s greatness. Brady goes out like the Nazgûl, former kings of old in LOTR, as a common ring chaser.