Jump to content
Kiltman

2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

I was listening to the radio this morning and people were flipping out over the fact we don’t have real LBs and I’m just thinking this dude is an idiot and blind to the concept that the NFL is evolving to not needing traditional LBs like a Brian Urlacher 

I think its more the fact that we dont have LBS that are good at anything. They're all just bodies who cant cover TEs/RBs and also dont have the skill to shed blocks and run stuff. They were horrible in all facets. We need a true leader at LB and we dont have that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

The more I read this thread the more hope I lose of competing next year

There are a lot of moving parts with this team. A lot of maybes and what if's and uncertainties looming. Questions and uncertainty at safety, corner, linebacker, OL, WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think its more the fact that we dont have LBS that are good at anything. They're all just bodies who cant cover TEs/RBs and also dont have the skill to shed blocks and run stuff. They were horrible in all facets. We need a true leader at LB and we dont have that. 

That huge run by Wilson on 3rd & long when Bradham missed that tackle is a perfect example of why we need a ball hound LB.

Would love to draft either Woodward or Murray. We would have been much better defensively had we brought back Hicks, but knowing our staff he would have gone to IR too.

Team Needs in order IMO:

WR
CB
LB
S

Please replace the strength & conditioning staff or next season will also be another disaster. Literally 3 straight years limping into the playoffs and its just beyond frustrating. I feel like this year we literally lost a starter every game of the season.

Edited by DeJack_10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

The more I read this thread the more hope I lose of competing next year

I don’t see that at all. A couple CB’s in FA. Draft a bushel of WR’s. Lots of picks to bring in young, cheap talent. There are no FA’s pending that are devastating to lose. 
 

there should be no reason this team doesn’t compete next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

EAGLES 2020 NFL DRAFT PICKS

1 - Eagles’ own pick

2 - Eagles’ own pick

3 - Eagles’ own pick

3 - Projected compensatory pick (Nick Foles)

4 - Eagles’ own pick

4 - Projected compensatory pick (Jordan Hicks)

4 - Projected compensatory pick (Golden Tate)

5 - Eagles’ own pick

5 - Acquired from the New England Patriots

6 - Acquired from the Atlanta Falcons

We have 2 3rds and 3 4ths.

Think Howie is looking into trading some/one of these extra picks for an impact player? Worth a discussion, but also have to keep in mind that this is a deep WR class, an area we cannot afford to miss on. 

Edited by DeJack_10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

EAGLES 2020 NFL DRAFT PICKS

1 - Eagles’ own pick

2 - Eagles’ own pick

3 - Eagles’ own pick

3 - Projected compensatory pick (Nick Foles)

4 - Eagles’ own pick

4 - Projected compensatory pick (Jordan Hicks)

4 - Projected compensatory pick (Golden Tate)

5 - Eagles’ own pick

5 - Acquired from the New England Patriots

6 - Acquired from the Atlanta Falcons

We have 2 3rds and 3 4ths.

Think Howie is looking into trading some/one of these extra picks for an impact player? Worth a discussion, but also have to keep in mind that this is a deep WR class, an area we cannot afford to miss on. 

There is a bit of uncertainty when it comes to the Golden Tate pick.  It may actually be a 5th rounder.

If we have to give up the Foles pick to move up and get Ruggs, then so be it. Right now in all the sims I've done on TDN.

TDN Ruggs in 20 sims
Eagles (21), 8
Jacksonville (20), 1
Raiders (19), 6
Broncos (15), 3
Colts (13), 1
Raiders (12), 1

The Sweet spot would be trading with Miami at 18. Trading up to 14 is steeper than I'd be willing to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Is marvin a 4-3 or 3-4 guy?  

4-3...why Marvin? Not saying he can’t do it...just want to hear the reasoning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

There are a lot of moving parts with this team. A lot of maybes and what if's and uncertainties looming. Questions and uncertainty at safety, corner, linebacker, OL, WR.

Definitely a lot of moving parts if Schwartz gets that gig. Does he take any assistants with him? What does the FO do to correct the misses in scouting and signing FAs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Definitely a lot of moving parts if Schwartz gets that gig. Does he take any assistants with him? What does the FO do to correct the misses in scouting and signing FAs? 

He's welcome to take whomever he pleases frankly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Joe Schobert would be a great addition.

You stay away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

You stay away!

We'll trade you Jim Schwartz (Gym Shorts) for Joe Schobert. Sounds fair to me.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wade Phillips? Or someone young and up and coming?

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×