Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

Who knows how he'll do, but this is 100% better than hiring some retread that's failed elsewhere. I dunno why people are stuck on him being a WR coach when the bigger aspect of his resume is being ST Coordinator. If he surrounds himself with a good coaching staff(and there's still some good assistant coaches out there to be had), he's got as good a shot as any other hire to turn out well.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

What about the possibility that their process was good, and you were just ignorant to it? Maybe he just did well in the interview. I mean, you weren't there.

I'm totally open to any information we find out later that we could have reasonably known today. I wouldn't consider his record in 2020, or 2022 or anything like that.

34 minutes ago, kramxel said:

So they wanted him, but were stingy on the money side of things? That sounds absolutely pathetic!

Guess I have to take this back, the numbers on that contract are ridiculous, and even if they liked him, I could see why the Giants would turn away from that 70M/7year offer.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Cleveland still has an opening.

Either they hire McDaniels, leaving all the remaining playoff coaches where they're at or they hire a coach from a playoff team leaving McDaniels in NE.

Or they could do neither, leaving McDaniels in NE and the playoff teams coaches where they're at.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

BoB hovers around mediocre because he has Deshaun Watson and Hue Jackson had Deshone Kizer.

You can make all the excuses you want and try to boil this down to ridiculous anecdotal evidence like this... but BoB won the division with back ups before. Hue was a HC for like 5-10 years between Raiders/Browns. So this example sucked. 

When will teams learn? His only real experience at Alabama and in New England. This is a recipe for disaster. 

I’ve always kind of liked the Giants, they’re only east coast team in any sport that I like, and I thought they were a well-run organization. Can a Giants fan or someone who closely follows the inner workings of that organization answer a question for me - does Gettleman have free reign to hire his choice no matter what or do Mara and Tisch have significant influence? 

Oh well, maybe this will work out and I’ll be proven wrong. I just assumed the Giants, a marquee franchise in the media capital of the world, could and would make a splashier hire. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

"i can't believe these teams keep hiring retreads!!111!!"

Hire a guy who isn't a retread

"LOL LOOK AT THESE IDIOTS"

WXnDddx.png

That statement is made whenever chronic loser coaches are mentioned. 

I bet 31 other team fans would love to have BB even if he's a retread.