BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

@bcb1213 @Jlash @SirA1 @samsel23 @MD4L @Ragnarok @Pickle Rick @The Orca @MWil23 @Counselor @pheltzbahr @rackcs @Blue @WFLukic @PR @RuskieTitan @EaglesPeteC

Alright so, we need to decide as a collaborative unit how it is gonna be done or how it was intended to be done. The implications are way too great to push it off to a Summer Owners meeting.

The way I see it, there are 2 real options:

Overall Record > Divisional Record > H2H > Point Differential 

Or

Overall Record > H2H > Divisional Record > Point differential 

This isn't just going to determine playoff seeding but also draft position, specifically for non-playoff teams. We really need everyone to weigh in on this please. 

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@bcb1213 @Jlash @SirA1 @samsel23 @MD4L @Ragnarok @Pickle Rick @The Orca @MWil23 @Counselor @pheltzbahr @rackcs @Blue @WFLukic @PR @RuskieTitan @EaglesPeteC

Alright so, we need to decide as a collaborative unit how it is gonna be done or how it was intended to be done. The implications are way too great to push it off to a Summer Owners meeting.

The way I see it, there are 2 real options:

Overall Record > Divisional Record > H2H > Point Differential 

Or

Overall Record > H2H > Divisional Record > Point differential 

This isn't just going to determine playoff seeding but also draft position, specifically for non-playoff teams. We really need everyone to weigh in on this please. 

I’m fine either way. I just don’t understand how OKC is listed at 15 out of 16 when they have a better division record than Hungary and won the h2h against them. And I just want understanding for my mocking orders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m fine either way. I just don’t understand how OKC is listed at 15 out of 16 when they have a better division record than Hungary and won the h2h against them. And I just want understanding for my mocking orders. 

It actually may be because week 9 and 10s results have not been entered into the new workbooks yet

So I'm starting around here as this is where the discussion starts and then I'll try to see where/if we figured it out. So far the discussion is about the same as this time's lol

Funny too that we're only two days off from when this got brought up last year

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

We default to the same way NFL does except vote differential as last tie breaker.

Okay. If we are defaulting to the way the NFL does it, H2H is first after record.

Here is the question I'd like answered; who made that determination? Everyone via vote or a singular indivual or portion of indiviuals?

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Okay. If we are defaulting to the way the NFL does it, H2H is first after record.

Here is the question I'd like answered; who made that determination? Everyone via vote or a singular indivual or portion of indiviuals?

The spreadsheet cant track h2h. It just uses numbers that are put in. We manually adjust at seasons end as needed.