Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

Could it be The final countdown?

GM: George Paton

VP of Football Operations & Strategy/Assistant GM: Andrew Berry

HC: Kevin Stefanski

Chief Strategy Officer: Paul DePodesta

VS.

GM: Dave Ziegler

GM/Assistant GM: Josh McDaniels

Head Coach: Josh McDaniels

Chief Strategy Officer: Josh McDaniels/Dave Ziegler

-------

In both scenarios Eliot Wolf floats away to that land beyond...  there he'll find peace...

Edited by Mind Character

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Could it be The final countdown?

GM: George Paton

VP of Football Operations & Strategy/Assistant GM: Andrew Berry

HC: Kevin Stefanski

Chief Strategy Officer: Paul DePodesta

VS.

GM: Dave Ziegler

GM/Assistant GM: Josh McDaniels

Head Coach: Josh McDaniels

Chief Strategy Officer: Josh McDaniels/Dave Ziegler

-------

In both scenarios Eliot Wolf floats away to that land beyond...  there he'll find peace...

Gary Kubiak has guidance/mentorship meetings with Kevin Stefanski after every offensive meeting. They talk every detail through. Gary watches Kevin teach and offers development tips. Gary Kubiak meets with Kirk Cousins and drills him mentally and meets with him to improve his mentality and approach.

The outside zone and play-action heavy play-calling and play-sequencing is a Gary Kubiak installation with Stefanski's collaboration. Prior to Kubiak, the Vikings offense was the John DeFillipo offense. When Stefanski took over as the interim OC, there was no time to change playbooks at the end of the season.

This has led people to question: What is Stefanski's core offensive philosophy on his own? Is he an outside zone, play-action guy or will he be something much different or with less mastery when he's out on his own.

-------------------------------------

When it comes to Josh McDaniels and Kevin Stefanski, the Haslam's and co. should be considering questions and answers to some of the following questions before making the hire:

Primary Points the Coaching Search Group Should be Thinking About with Kevin Stefanski:

1.) What's Stefanski's offense away from Kubiak? Is it the DeFillipo-Kubiak mix or does he have core philosophy similar to what the Vikings are doing currently (Kubiak Outside zone, Play-Action)?

2.) Can Stefanksi lead the offense and team successfully without the shepherding of an elite mentor coach and wise mind like Gary Kubiak?

3.) Can Stefanski command the locker room?

4.) Can he hold players accountable?

5.) Can he build an effective culture?

Primary Points the Coaching Search Group Should be Thinking About with Josh Mcdaniels:

1.) Can he avoid his ego-mania and power tripping?

2.) Can he relate to players and get over what Mike Nolan "Josh McDaniels doesn't have a knowledge problem; he has a people problem?"

3.) Can McDaniels stay out of the way of making poor personnel decisions?

4.) Can he be a sustainable, quality leader under times of stress and adversity?

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mistakey said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DustinFox37/status/1215818037225574400

@ReggieCamp this is part of the reason why we need to get this done 

I’d still rather hire the right HC than than make a rush decision so we don’t lose some assistants.

It seems most in here are now in favor of McD, and I get that. That makes the waiting harder since we can pull that trigger whenever we want. I am still personally NOT in favor of McD, so I’m a bit encouraged by this delay.

But yeah, if we end up hiring McD, or Daboll, the waiting is a bit of overkill.

10 hours ago, mistakey said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DustinFox37/status/1215818037225574400

@ReggieCamp this is part of the reason why we need to get this done 

What OConnell and Staley? I was never a fan of OConnell as the OC. When it comes to Staley, it be cool that I know the family of the DC but I Don’t think I would have wanted him as a potential DC yet. He has only been coaching in the NFL for 3 year. Dude was a stud coaching at JCU  tho

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If it’s Stefanski, it makes sense to wait until after this weekend.

Yes and no. There's still reason to believe it could be McDaniels, even if it isn't announced til Monday. Firstly the NFL doesn't want the news overlapping with the games. Secondly, it reaffirms Jimmy's projected "thorough" image thru this whole process. And above all else, they are alreay working behind the scenes on piecing together the rest of the staff whether we know who they like or don't.

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Kevin O'Connell took the Washington job because he's going to be able to call plays as OC for Rivera.

McDaniels is not giving up play-calling duties.

I'm not sure why that fact has been missed in the whole "Kevin O'Connell to Washington means no McDaniels" thing.

The Rams newly hired DC was also not going to serve in a DC role on McDaniels staff.

Yeaahhh so what would you say about O'Connell going to LA? He wouldn't take over playcalling for McVey, right? Thought a report from Breer suggested that he'd *been* out there interviewing. The timing suggests correlation but perhaps Josh just couldn't give him a better offer than Sean.