Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the perception of OBJ is worse than the reality.

He played through injury, didn’t talk ish through the media and played hard all season (blocking well, etc).

His body language is atrocious though and people read into that a lot imo.

It’s definitely possible, but I’d like to see what another coaching staff could do with this group before nuking it.  Not throwing the baby out with the bath water and all that...

I’d hate to move on from a HOF talent at WR just because Kitchens couldn’t figure out how to use him and make things work.

I personally felt like the pressure Mayfield felt on a down to down basis to keep Beckham sweet was palpable.

We obviously had a clusterfcuk of offensive scheming once Kitchens moved from OC to HC, but just visibly, year 1 to year 2 was night and day in terms of Mayfield playing free and without tension.

NYG rival us in terms of incompetence recently, but they got shot of him in the end. He’s a spectacular talent but man, I just don’t have time for players that are me-first. And if he did angle to get to other teams, which it sure looks like he did at times, that sort of disrespect for Cleveland... I won’t lose much sleep over a guy like that not being on the team, no matter how talented.

Nick Chubb... zero drama. Just as good a player, and integral.

I think of it like this. Can I really see Beckham not causing a song and dance if he’s on a team that gives the ball to Chubb and Hunt 35+ times a game? Honestly, I can’t.

6 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I personally felt like the pressure Mayfield felt on a down to down basis to keep Beckham sweet was palpable.

We obviously had a clusterfcuk of offensive scheming once Kitchens moved from OC to HC, but just visibly, year 1 to year 2 was night and day in terms of Mayfield playing free and without tension.

I agree.  Mayfield needs to own his role and run the offense.

That said, this isn’t the first team in the league to have multiple mouths to feed.  It can be done.

NYG rival us in terms of incompetence recently, but they got shot of him in the end. He’s a spectacular talent but man, I just don’t have time for players that are me-first. And if he did angle to get to other teams, which it sure looks like he did at times, that sort of disrespect for Cleveland... I won’t lose much sleep over a guy like that not being on the team, no matter how talented.

For sure, but was it the right move?  Only time will tell I suppose.

Nick Chubb... zero drama. Just as good a player, and integral.

He’s wonderful, no doubt, but those guys aren’t all that common.

I think of it like this. Can I really see Beckham not causing a song and dance if he’s on a team that gives the ball to Chubb and Hunt 35+ times a game? Honestly, I can’t.

Agreed, but he’s far from unique in that sense.  Lots of WR want the ball.

13 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

And I can't imagine building around a fat, coach-killing QB with borderline personality disorder, but what can you do? 

I'll tell you from first hand it was a trash experience.

But real real quick though I don't mean to cut you off, but can you hold this for me real real quick....

939oa0oyy9a41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ff16902e2c52a5b7fea7ac2c6ff24f56cda8a908

We'll see you ratbirds next year ... home-field advantage, Lamar Jackson healthy, lost at home in the first playoff game... lol

.... send my regards to Big Truss ...

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 4

Stopping by to give my real input on Stefanski. 

I wouldn’t base your thoughts on him just from this past game. Is he more than likely going to be a little more of a not to risky of a coach? The answer is probably yes. But I would say a good chunk of what we were trying to do that game was based on what Zimmer wanted all along. 

Stefanski has made his way up thru the Vikings organization for years, and made it thru multiple coaching changes, obviously under everyone they thought he was a good coach. While he may not be the best Coordinator, whatever position coach he has been working with he always has done good. 

I would not be surprised if he ends up taking a few of our coaches with him, and previously departed guys. Seems like the players really liked him also. 

Hope he does well for you guys, and will still always root for the Browns, unless they are playing my Vikes!

• Like 9

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

He throws it well enough to lead the league in QBR, 36/6 TD/INT and have 66% completions and 7.8 Y/A

You mean he runs it well enough to provide a gimmick offense that allows him wide open guys for a season or so until teams adjust accordingly and relegate him to a garbage time stat padder who runs around like a headless chicken sacking himself?

I think you mean that.

Kaepernick and Tebow managed to win some games being a unique talent too, once upon a time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Stopping by to give my real input on Stefanski. 

I wouldn’t base your thoughts on him just from this past game. Is he more than likely going to be a little more of a not to risky of a coach? The answer is probably yes. But I would say a good chunk of what we were trying to do that game was based on what Zimmer wanted all along. 

Stefanski has made his way up thru the Vikings organization for years, and made it thru multiple coaching changes, obviously under everyone they thought he was a good coach. While he may not be the best Coordinator, whatever position coach he has been working with he always has done good. 

I would not be surprised if he ends up taking a few of our coaches with him, and previously departed guys. Seems like the players really liked him also. 

Hope he does well for you guys, and will still always root for the Browns, unless they are playing my Vikes!

Thanks for your insights and for the well wishes.

All good points about not basing opinions on the last game.

Sean McVay's last game as an OC before becoming a head coach featured 10 total points and a loss to the Giants.

What's your sense on Minny fans thoughts on 1.) Pat Shurmur returning as OC, 2.) Klint Kubiak being promoted to OC (is he ready if he stepped in or came to the Browns?), or 3.) Gary Kubiak being promoted to OC?

19 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

And I can't imagine building around a fat, coach-killing QB with borderline personality disorder, but what can you do? 

He can sling the ball though. It's hard to beat playoff defenses with a noodle arm....as you found out for the second year in a row. 

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

You mean he runs it well enough to provide a gimmick offense that allows him wide open guys for a season or so until teams adjust accordingly and relegate him to a garbage time stat padder who runs around like a headless chicken sacking himself?

I think you mean that.

Kaepernick and Tebow managed to win some games being a unique talent too, once upon a time.

Now you're embarrassing yourself. It's good to know which posters have 0 football IQ. 

Titans clearly manhandled the Ravens in the trenches. LG and C just got bullied by Casey, Simmons and co. No QB wins in those circumstances.