Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True. Freddie gave you some excitement. Hue gave you some excitement. 

Stef gives me no excitements. What is there to get excited over him? You prolly have a post about it. So link me to it

1.) See this: https://zonecoverage.com/2019/minnesota-vikings-news/why-kevin-stefanski-might-be-the-nfls-next-great-offensive-coach/

2.) Then See Below

On 1/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, Mind Character said:

I think the core reasons for the Stefanski love are really based on the following:

1.) He appears to be the candidate that gives the organization the best chance at alignment and the necessary collaboration between the Strategy/Analytics department and Football Operations such that Jimmy Haslam may not feel the need to re-structure or make sweeping changes within the organization.

2.) By most accounts, Stefanski is not the political animal or person to susceptible power trips and has the mentality to thoughtfully disagree and work collaboratively with others.

3.) By most accounts Stefanski is not a volatile personality prone to emotional blow-ups or non-productive yelling and screaming in moments of high stress instead he has an even keeled personality.

4.) He runs one of the most play-action pass heavy, zone run scheme, thoughtful play-sequencing, sameness of initial play look before post-snap variations offenses in the entire league. That style much like the 49ers Shanahan offense is thought to be a personnel fit with our roster's strength.

Therefore, even though Stefanski is a first-time Head Coach and has his own issues, relative to the rest of the candidates on the list there's an argument to give him the nod in people's minds because he's less volatile, political, and power hungry than Josh McDaniels and more organizationally aligned and a more creative play-caller that suits our personnel when compared to McCarthy.

In the end, only time will tell if his apparent qualities will translate to reality, but there's good reasons why Stefanski is the leader in the clubhouse that go beyond DePo liking him. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Baker looked phenomenal his rookie year and regressed under a coach who seemed out of his depth.

I love ya bro but I think you’re allowing your preconceived issues with Baker influence your opinion of him far more than his actual play.  He’s still a promising young QB.

Love ya too man and I hope you’re right! Unfortunately I feel the exact same way about preconceptions and that most on here want to blame absolutely everyone except Baker. He has thrown 35 picks in 29 games and honestly, he looked like one of the worst QBs in the league this most recent season.

I hold my hands up though, you are right on this... his attitude this last year has irked me. His recent social media post about “yeah I’m getting paid for this advert”. He doesn’t come across like a successful pro qb to me.

But I also can differentiate between not liking his attitude and what happens on the field. It’s just that I don’t think he’s been particularly good on the field either.

Hope this hire changes things and helps him out. But Vikings fans and what I’ve seen of Stefanski doesn’t fill me with a ton of hope. It feels uninspiring.

TBH I really wasn't excited about Stefanski when we were looking at him last season, nor at the beginning of this coaching search (when I was all in on McCarthy), but there are 3 reasons I'm good with this hire:

1. It seems like it wasn't just Haslam pulling the trigger based in his gut and gives a great shot at that "alignment" they are chasing. Whether lack of alignment has truly been the albatross around our neck that's prevented our success these last few years or whether that albatross has really been Hapless Haslam and his Yosemite Sam instincts remains to be seen

2. We have just as good of a chance with him as any of the other top contenders left in the pool

3. Most importantly: He's not Josh McDaniels

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

This guy isn’t worth the hassle. Nor is Beckham tbh. Notice how they’ve never actually won in their pro careers?

tbh im kinda over all the drama and im fully on board with just getting an OL and running t absolute F out of nick chubb

• Like 1