Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I hate how everyone is acting like OMG it's still Rodgers out there!!! Sorry to break the news but Rodgers while he is very good isn't this God that people make him out to be. He's been very beatable these past few years. He's not going to will their team to a win. We matchup extremely well against this team and while we may not destroy them like earlier this year we should still win this game. Our team is better and they have to overcome that.

2 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I hate how everyone is acting like OMG it's still Rodgers out there!!! Sorry to break the news but Rodgers while he is very good isn't this God that people make him out to be. He's been very beatable these past few years. He's not going to will their team to a win. We matchup extremely well against this team and while we may not destroy them like earlier this year we should still win this game. Our team is better and they have to overcome that.

Yesterday is the best I've seen him look all season. He puts together that type of performance on Sunday and we are loose with the ball? They can certainly beat us. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yesterday is the best I've seen him look all season. He puts together that type of performance on Sunday and we are loose with the ball? They can certainly beat us. 

Yeah but they basically used DA and Jones the whole game. There's nobody else scary on the offense. Jimmy is a bad TE, nothing special and the rest of their receivers aren't worth mentioning. I feel way more confident that we play GB instead of Seattle. 

7 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Yeah but they basically used DA and Jones the whole game. There's nobody else scary on the offense. Jimmy is a bad TE, nothing special and the rest of their receivers aren't worth mentioning. I feel way more confident that we play GB instead of Seattle. 

Yeah, I mean we match up well no doubt. But will still need to play a clean game offensively. Let's no forget just how many close games we played in a row before Minnesota. Granted, we were finally healthy but the offense can at times teeter a bit giving the opposing team a chance. 

I think someone suggested in the general subforum comments that we should win this matchup 9 x out of 10.

We seem to be healthy, are not playing in GB, and flat out have the superior team. 

Me? I would put it more like 8 x out of 10, so 80% has me feeling good...

though I still respect that the Pack are not scrubs.. and anything really can happen, if we don't perform to our usual healthy standards. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

The thing that scares me is that Aaron Rodgers like to make use out of no name WR/TE's over the years e.g. Allison, Scanling, Kumerow & Lazard. I am also fearful of the Packers devising a game plan that will bootleg Rodgers and he'll kill the Niners defense while on the move either running or throwing. 

This is a scary game on both sides of the ball as the Niners need to assert themselves with the running game and with that being said the running game is gonna have to finish drives in the end zone and 3rd down will have to be avoided as much as possible. Jimmy can't be forced to throw often b/c the Smith brothers will get to him.

I haven’t made predictions yet but I think I see two Niner blowouts coming... not blowouts but not super close games. 32-24 over Packers and 23-19 over the Titans.(yes I’m leaning Titans over Chiefs...)

Games straight up this post season I’m 5-3 only. But I’m 7-1 Against the Spread so far. And I’m leaning Niners -7 and Titans +7.5. 

• Like 3

You guys better not blow it against Green Bay.  Could easily be over confident based on the first meeting.  But with that 49er DL healthy and secondary healthy it will be hard regardless to not win.  Those linebackers fly to the football, the DL is clearly the best in the NFL with Ford, Buckner, Bosa and Armstead and please double cover their only real weapon on offense in the passing game Adams.    Sherman probably cannot shadow him all game but Moseley  and or Williams maybe with safety over the top.

Kick their freaking *** please.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Bulaga was out last night with an illness, but he will be back and ready to go against SF. Important to note that he got knocked out of the regular season match-up on the 1st drive. He is a key to our O success and has been our best lineman this season. Rodgers was lookin better than he has the majority of the season last night. You are right about all of this though. We probably shouldnt even show up tbh. The only thing youre wrong about is the final score.

Niners win 49-16

You're trying to get us to be overconfident, aren't you?! It won't work! Packers 187-3!!!

• Like 1

Sherman is the exact type of vocal leader this team needed. Its ironic that the guy who literally slammed the door shut on the harbaugh era is the perfect spiritual leader of our young group in our next upswing. A california kid who went to college just down the road. I hope this guy becomes our DC one day. 

We stay mentally sharp. We arent taking anyone lightly. packers fans think they can try to pull all these jedi mind tricks meme magic shinanigans but too bad for them because its not gonna work. The only shanahanigans going on this sunday will be happening in red and gold, thank you very much. 

This team has chemistry in a way Ive never seen before. It just clicks. I believe in these guys. 

I also wonder how often John Lynch speaks to the team

6 hours ago, rudyZ said:

You're trying to get us to be overconfident, aren't you?! It won't work! Packers 187-3!!!

@Cheesehawk

I know that this score sounds like an impressive blow out for you guys, but Rudy is Canadian. Once you adjust for exchange rate, this score is actually 19-2. Still a very convincing win for the Packers though

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

They keep him clean, he can still be very good and head then to a win. 

But yeah, he's not in that "special" category for me anymore like Wilson is, or Mahomes. 

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I mean we match up well no doubt. But will still need to play a clean game offensively. Let's no forget just how many close games we played in a row before Minnesota. Granted, we were finally healthy but the offense can at times teeter a bit giving the opposing team a chance. 

We were tired and injured the last 6 weeks of the season.  We are now rested and healthy this will not be a close game

Edited by Dub_City30

55 minutes ago, N4L said:

Sherman is the exact type of vocal leader this team needed. Its ironic that the guy who literally slammed the door shut on the harbaugh era is the perfect spiritual leader of our young group in our next upswing. A california kid who went to college just down the road. I hope this guy becomes our DC one day. 

We stay mentally sharp. We arent taking anyone lightly. packers fans think they can try to pull all these jedi mind tricks meme magic shinanigans but too bad for them because its not gonna work. The only shanahanigans going on this sunday will be happening in red and gold, thank you very much. 

This team has chemistry in a way Ive never seen before. It just clicks. I believe in these guys. 

I also wonder how often John Lynch speaks to the team

When all is said and done, will you hate Sherman more from his time with the Hawks, or love him more due to his time with us?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

When all is said and done, will you hate Sherman more from his time with the Hawks, or love him more due to his time with us?

I just said I hope he becomes our DC, so I think its safe to say hes on my good side lol 

The past is the past. He is a 49er right now and we are playing in the nfccg in a few days. Last time the 49ers played in a nfccg sherman played a big factor in a win for his team. hopefully that happens again LOL