Philip Rivers and family have "permanently" moved out of San Diego; relocated to Florida

jetskid007

42 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Probably because it's the closest he's gonna get to a Super Bowl.

It’s also as far away from Mahomes as he can get while living in a state with an NFL team (except perhaps Seattle and the NY area teams). Smart.

I just hope he goes out of state during the SB because of.. you know.. Mahomes.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The only system in Florida that matches with him IMO is the Bucs with Arians. The others I just don't see it. If he's going to another team, I feel like Reich and the Colts were a better fit for him because of a better OL and offensive scheme.

Jacksonville is also projected to be $2M over (depending on any carryover from 2019) the cap to start the 2020 season.  Barring them being able to unload Foles and his bloated contract onto another team (and with nearly $19M in accelerated/compounded signing bonus prorations hitting on the dead money side of the ledger against $15M in salary and $750K in yet-to-be-paid bonuses, I'm not even sure they save money by moving him), they're not going to be able to take on Rivers at what would assuredly be a bare minimum of $15M APY.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I was under the impression that last press conference was notable for his ambiguity on that subject. That's not an honest take? (And don't get me wrong it may not be, I didn't analyze the whole thing.)

“I plan to play football, so yes. Where that is going to be will be sorted out in the next few months.”

That was on the 29th, I think the ambiguity is the team he’s going to be playing for. But it seems like he’s going to keep playing. Or is at least planning to do so.

Does this mean it's over for the Chargers? 99% chance it does.

I don't even know how I feel about this.... I started watching football and the Chargers in his first year as a starter. Talking about Philip and the Chargers has been one and the same, and we have been beyond privileged to seem him for so long, at such an high level for us.

It really pains me that he leaves without a ring.

What a ride it has been!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The LBC said:

Huh?  He grew up in Decatur, Alabama.  Went to primary and high school in Alabama.  Went to college in North Carolina.  When has Tennessee ever been his anything state?

Tennessee is one county north of Decatur. Rivers was more of a Tennessee boy than a Florida boy looking at the geography alone. Moving to the Florida panhandle to be closer family is still far enough away from Rivers' hometown that it wouldn't really be much less convenient than moving to Tampa Bay for example, which has a high population of families and retired people.

I expect with this move for the Buccaneers to sign Rivers day 1 of free agency.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1