Would the Saints have given the 9ers a better run for their money than GB did?

mdonnelly21

Saints/49ers  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Saints would have given the 9ers a better run for their money? 

Yes and so would the Seahawks. But I still think San Francisco showed their dominance by easily dispatching two of the best teams in the conference. When you get to the top of the NFL (and really the playoffs), most of the game is more match up and coaching based than it is this team is better than that team.

• Like 1

Yes, though the Niners defense would have been much better with their horses back than they were in the first meeting. But the Saints style of quick passes and better run defense would have had them competing more than GB. Heck, the Cardinals would have given the Niners a better game!

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, though the Niners defense would have been much better with their horses back than they were in the first meeting. But the Saints style of quick passes and better run defense would have had them competing more than GB. Heck, the Cardinals would have given the Niners a better game!

NFC West going to be real fun for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

NFC West going to be real fun for the foreseeable future.

It's a brutal division that will be tough for any team to have sustained success for more than a few years at a time. Cardinals will be able to load up on some high draft picks for another year or two and they will be right in the mix. LAR can get right back if Goff plays better and with a few tweaks. Seahawks always have a chance with Wilson at QB and they have plenty of cap space to do damage this offseason. Tough tough division, kind of like the early 2010s years in the NFC West when Seattle/SF/AZ were all really good and LAR were a threat. 

• Like 1

I would say so, because BG wasn't as good as the score showed. The saints game vs the 49ers was the game of the year. I would expect round 2 to be about as good, but this GB game was a disappointment, no contest from the start.  The vikings were better were they not? You know Seattle would have been a better opponent  too. 

14 minutes ago, checkcola said:

Saints seem to come up small in the playoffs in recent times.  And the coaching has been pretty slow to adapt to the game on the field.  I do think they'd have done better, but I do think they'd have lost.  

that's how I see it too. The 49ers are the team that should represent the NFC that's for sure.  I would be ok with KC vs SF for the next few years if they keep playing like that, they are that much better . I normally can't watch games that my team isn't in (as well as some they are in >:( ) but KC and SF are solid teams that might be great.  The rest of the league will take notice, these teams are here to stay